Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Stay tuned! I am gonna need 7 helpers $$$
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2018 at 09:31 AM

JZ Michelle is going to be your adopted kid!

She is such a go getter, she asked me for a book so she could study English while I was in La Paz, she is pretty as a button and she is a kindly soul.

She wants to study Economics on the mainland because she has family there.

New paypal is NOT working, I will send the bank details via u2u. Deposits can be made either at a wells fargo in the US, at any banamex here in Mexico or even mailed to my Mom.

Thanks for being her sponsor!

Michelle college entrance exam.jpg - 80kB

rsz_michelle.jpg - 153kB

Here is her GPA 99% Her grades are above the first yellow line: every 10= A and a 9 is A-

Michelle Dec grades.jpg - 44kB

[Edited on 3-9-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
taoswheat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2018 at 04:13 PM

I wonder if the PayPal problem is due to sending money to Mexico rather than to the US? PayPal still does not like my attempt to send $.
Give me your mom's address and I will put a check in the mail if that helps.

[Edited on 3-9-2018 by taoswheat]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2018 at 07:31 PM

Could be. I will u2u you!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2018 at 12:19 PM

Roberto - Enrique Olivares is your student. His entrance exam fee is $350 pesos. He is going to major in Electromechanical Engineering at the TEC in Santa Rosalia.

He is a great kid - a bit of a rogue student who because he is a bit older seems slightly out of place in high school. He is an extremely hard worker and really helps out his family.

Here he is with his laptop, donated by our wonderful Canadian amigo, Bruce.

Enrique with Bruce laptop Nov 2017.jpg - 28kB

[Edited on 3-21-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2018 at 12:53 PM

TMW

Your student is Luis Gustavo Rojas who will be majoring in Industrial Engineering at the TEC univ in Santa Rosalia.

350 pesos for his entrance exam.

Look for deposit info in your u2u. I am sorry but paypal doesn't seem to be working.

Here he is with the brand new snazzy computer that Lori at Cabo Magic donated! Thanks so much.

rsz_new_computer_lori_003.jpg - 89kB

GPA at 95% -his name is at the bottom:

rsz_mix_001.jpg - 98kB

and here he is studying English with me behind the B&B - Luis is the one on the far left.

Luis, Aylin and Enrique are headed to TJ this weekend to get rid of impacted wisdom teeth! My dentist, Samuel Gomez, will do the 3 surgeries for free and we are double checking today that one of Aylin's relatives will take all three in - feed and host them for free!

Thanks everyone! Entrance fees for two students still to go and we are all set!

Once they are accepted, tuitions are already covered....right now I am conferring with parents as to how we are going to house and feed the kids. Life is GOOD.

As one of the sponsors always says: Make it a good day.

rsz_img_4961.jpg - 112kB

[Edited on 3-21-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2018 at 01:04 PM

TMW I forgot to mention that Luis's family is the one whose parents live at the ranch way far away past San Ignacio and that one day you may go visit.

Isn't Life sometimes just wonderful?

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2018 at 11:49 AM

drzura, are you still up for it? If so, your student is Geovana and her entrance exam costs $1050 pesos or around US$56.

She wants to become a teacher and her school will be in La Paz. She told me her entrance exam will be in June and school starts Aug/Sept.

rsz_geovana_oct_2017.jpg - 174kB

and her overall GPA is 98%. Her name is not highlighted but it is the only one at 98!

rsz_mix_001.jpg - 98kB

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2018 at 11:55 AM

good news! paypal is working !! yowza!!

My email is portella.blanca@gmail.com

PaulDavidMena kindly helped me with Dayr's English course and book and I have a confirmation email. ALELUJAH.

Thanks Paul!

The TEC in La Paz has decided to charge the kids for their English classes. They must have hired an outsider to come in and teach - this is new since last semester. I am on my way to transfer the cash to Dayr in La Paz!! Thanks again.

Come visit La Bocana

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-13-2018 at 04:09 PM

Quote "
drzura, are you still up for it? If so, your student is Geovana and her entrance exam costs $1050 pesos or around US$56."

If something has come up and you need sponsoring for Geovana I'm more than happy to. Let me know.

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:51 AM
Scholarships

Not to take anything away from all the generous donors on this board that helped these kids, but Blanca, you deserve a very special award. It really does ones heart good to see nice things done.:bounce:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 12:48 PM
YEP

Yep, now that I see she has PayPal up and running, my wife and I will donate $60.00 US this afternoon.

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Quote "
drzura, are you still up for it? If so, your student is Geovana and her entrance exam costs $1050 pesos or around US$56."

If something has come up and you need sponsoring for Geovana I'm more than happy to. Let me know.
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 12:53 PM

Once my wife wakes up from her nap, well make a donation via PayPal. :yes:

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
drzura, are you still up for it? If so, your student is Geovana and her entrance exam costs $1050 pesos or around US$56.

She wants to become a teacher and her school will be in La Paz. She told me her entrance exam will be in June and school starts Aug/Sept.

and her overall GPA is 98%. Her name is not highlighted but it is the only one at 98!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 09:19 PM

Yes we have success with paypal!

Thanks drzura and thanks to your wifey too!

Thanks watizname!!

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.