BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Scholarship kids to the dentist yesterday!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2018 at 09:08 PM
Scholarship kids to the dentist yesterday!

The flying dentists came to Abreojos dental clinic Friday 3/2 and Saturday 3/3...we just got back from our monthlong trip to La Paz on Thursday afternoon so Friday was out of the question, but 4 of them went to the dentist with me yesterday, Saturday.

We donated toilet paper, pens, and toothbrushes (two kids were already inside being treated.)

donations.jpg - 48kB

This is Enrique who is really afraid of dentists, did not eat breakfast before he came, had so many issues with his teeth that they filled the cavities and cleaned his teeth and told him he should remove the wisdom teeth. I was outside and he was inside with them. When he came out and told me about his not wanting to remove the teeth I explained that it was really a good idea to do it. He went back in and spent over an hour in the chair.

He fainted when he went to get up off the chair! I had gone to take two other Punta Abreojos students home and when I get back to the clinic he is outside with a juice in hand and everyone all around him!

It turns out he also has 2 impacted bottom wisdom teeth...how am I ever going to convince him to fix them?

I may have to wait until the pain kicks in.

Enrique.jpg - 36kB

This is Michelle who got no fewer than 13 fillings. They kept her in the chair for 2.5 hours and she could not talk afterwards.

No soda no soda no soda and brush the darn teeth....for sure she heard me loud and clear this time around!

Michelle.jpg - 36kB

Here is Gustavo who had cavities filled and who also has 2 impacted wisdom teeth. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh He is in pain and will have to be seen to soon. I am going to jump on this now.

Luis Gustavo.jpg - 36kB

Here we are outside the clinic waiting for Michelle. The woman on the left is a good friend of mine who came with me.

us.jpg - 48kB

I did take the two La Bocana students out to breakfast as I was worried that Enrique's blood sugar might still be too low. They had never eaten at Juanita's on the malecon. We did not take photos but there were big smiles on their faces by the time we left.

God bless all of you who help me and God bless those wonderful dentists who fly down to care for those less fortunate.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-4-2018 at 09:16 PM

So Blanca,
Is everything taken care of money wise with all this new dentistry ?

If not, please let us know, I for one would be happy to help out. As I am sure others would be as well.....

You are a Saint........
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2018 at 09:16 PM

BTW These are the kids that we took to the dentist last year (we meaning all of you who helped with the fillings and read about these kids).

Aylin and Alexander were with me that time but not this time.

Geovana couldn't go either time.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-4-2018 at 09:28 PM

Blanca,
When I was in my late 20's I had to have my wisdom teeth removed. All four were impacted and crowding my other teeth. The plan was to do all four at one time and I would be put under, counting back from 100 I made it to 98.
I now know why they wanted to take all at one time as if they would have only taken two I would have never gone back.:yes::lol:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 08:35 PM

I know, right!!!! Who wants to get wisdom teeth removed.

I have a dentist in TJ who has agreed to do them free! I am going to coordinate getting them up there.....or.......

Or I may get the dentist in G Negro to give me a discount since the price of paying for them to go north, plus a hotel for one night, plus food, plus all the coordinating may prove too much for me. I remembered that the one girl who is MIA is Aylin, who also needs impacted wisdom teeth removed and also is really afraid of the dentist makes for 3 victims.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.