Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: I love my truck.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2018 at 04:57 PM

I love my Tacoma, great little truck, especially for off road. It pulls Land Rovers (Roy) out of all kind of situations.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-16-2018 at 06:46 PM

I like um all but careful to get the right model Nissan Diesel/ Toyota off road/ Dodge diesel / ford bronco with mustang GT engine.:)
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 09:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Too bad more people do not buy the HONDA. Toyota is falling behind...better keep your old one. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/compact-pickup-...

My 3.5l Honda Vtec engine has become problematic with only 146,000 miles on the odometer. They are nice, conservative automobiles that get you to work each day, but are not designed for rugged environments, imo. Engine sludge, an expensive valve adjustment, now the engine has a misfire and roughly 10,000 miles before it will fail - according to the Technicians who worked on it. The shocks are rough/hazardous above 65 mph, the steering rack is leaking - set to fail soon. The paint is peeling with exposed sheet metal rusting. All on a 2006 Pilot.

My 2003 ½ Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has 181,000 miles,no engine problems, ORIGINAL clutch, and good transmission.

Failures: The plastic clips holding the connectors to the ECU became brittle - requiring zip ties to maintain a tight connection.
The fuel pump failed requiring a new one.
The clock position sensor also failed.
A brake caliper seized up.

Other than that, my Jeep is ready to hit the trails.

One vehicle seems to be a long-lasting value, one vehicle appears to be ready for the recycler.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Too bad more people do not buy the HONDA. Toyota is falling behind...better keep your old one. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/compact-pickup-...

My 3.5l Honda Vtec engine has become problematic with only 146,000 miles on the odometer. They are nice, conservative automobiles that get you to work each day, but are not designed for rugged environments, imo. Engine sludge, an expensive valve adjustment, now the engine has a misfire and roughly 10,000 miles before it will fail - according to the Technicians who worked on it. The shocks are rough/hazardous above 65 mph, the steering rack is leaking - set to fail soon. The paint is peeling with exposed sheet metal rusting. All on a 2006 Pilot.

My 2003 ½ Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has 181,000 miles,no engine problems, ORIGINAL clutch, and good transmission.

Failures: The plastic clips holding the connectors to the ECU became brittle - requiring zip ties to maintain a tight connection.

One vehicle seems to be a long-lasting value, one vehicle appears to be ready for the recycler.

HONDA Ridgeline has been running the SCORE races including the BAja 1000 the last couple of years with class wins. No jeeps in the races.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 10:24 AM

My truck is a F-150 3.6 Twin Turbo 4x4 Sinaloa Blue with a Bull decal, just like El Chapo's fave.
Sometimes they salute me at the checkpoints:bounce:

Es Todo Bueno
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 12:36 PM

Tacoma is made in 3rd world country on the edge of failure....isn't it? It is a little truck, and judging by the number of after market products one must add to make it do anything well, you don't gain much by buying one..

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 12:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Tacoma is made in 3rd world country on the edge of failure....isn't it? It is a little truck, and judging by the number of after market products one must add to make it do anything well, you don't gain much by buying one..

The only thing I have witnessed firsthand is the tendency to flip on its side when a majority of its' weight shifts to the frontend. When a majority of it's weight is over the rear axle,it's live axle and long wheelbase take over and provide stability and torque. It's a great package stock. A front solid axle would make it unstoppable.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 01:02 PM

Tacomas are made in Baja Ca and Texas.
The stock truck is very capable especially with the Off Road package.

I never see many flipped Tacomas... now Jeep, well that is a whole new enchilada.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 04:37 PM

HONDA Ridgeline has been running the SCORE races including the BAja 1000 the last couple of years with class wins. No jeeps in the races.
Shows how little you know The ridgeline run in Baja mil is not the one you buy or could have. The ridgeline on street good but one of the weakest off road yes the one you buy. :bounce:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 04:50 PM

The Ridgeline, like the Tacoma, can haul a weeks worth of groceris..

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 05:48 PM

My KLR650 can haul a weeks worth of groceries. My 19 year old Dodge Ram, that's what they call it, is rock solid. Posting pix here is too cumbersome, but it is sitting beautifully over the Sea of Cortez again.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2018 at 06:17 PM

Ats the way...Smokey turns 22 soon...Old enough to drink..

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Shows how little you know The ridgeline run in Baja mil is not the one you buy or could have. The ridgeline on street good but one of the weakest off road yes the one you buy. :bounce:

See you are not only uneducated, but you know nothing. All vehicles need some modifications. This stock Ridgeline did too. You can buy one and do the same thing...Assuming you had a job and some money. I guess you can lead a donkey to water but you can not make him drink.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-0605-desert-...

[Edited on 3-19-2018 by norte]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 08:24 AM

Norte, please post photos of your Ridgeline four wheeling in Baja! That would be awesome... :light::bounce::D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

See you are not only uneducated, but you know nothing. All vehicles need some modifications. This stock Ridgeline did too. You can buy one and do the same thing...Assuming you had a job and some money. I guess you can lead a donkey to water but you can not make him drink.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-0605-desert-...

[Edited on 3-19-2018 by norte]
Again the more you talk the more show nothing you are not only not educated. Also clueless as any baja race truck is nothing in common with daily driver. Nor could you afford to mod the Ridgeline. As all trucks need mods maybe but not like the weak Ridgeline. Your way better off to not speak on trucks as to not show your lack of nada. OHH have you ever done mods to truck I think not. :)
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Tacoma is made in 3rd world country on the edge of failure....isn't it?

MAGA.:lol::lol::lol:

John
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 3-25-2018 at 12:19 PM

Toyota Rules

[Edited on 4-24-2018 by Marc]

[Edited on 6-7-2018 by Marc]

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2018 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
Toyota Rules

What is that weird ugly thing on the front of your toy truck? Little added extra weight to keep it from blowing away?
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 3-25-2018 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
Toyota Rules

What is that weird ugly thing on the front of your toy truck? Little added extra weight to keep it from blowing away?

Does come in handy under certain circumstances. Actually removed it a while back. (Copper Canyon 2013)

[Edited on 3-25-2018 by Marc]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2018 at 02:36 PM

It's a Macho statement.....Like most of the other after market stuff people put on trucks...

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.