Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hospitality and friendliness
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 09:26 PM
Hospitality and friendliness

What happened to friendliness and hospitality in Baja? Riding last week with a group of friends between Conejo and Marquis. Pulled up to a hilltop to get an idea of which which way to head when an A**hole in an SUV rolls up and says get off the private property! Wow!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebeckster  
What happened to friendliness and hospitality in Baja? Riding last week with a group of friends between Conejo and Marquis. Pulled up to a hilltop to get an idea of which which way to head when an A**hole in an SUV rolls up and says get off the private property! Wow!

You were trespassing.
The more outrageous thing is you thought you had a right to ride on private land and are offended when the land owner did not offer you hugs and kisses.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 10:27 PM

If you went through a fence or locked gate somehow??
Sounds like you might have met a Baja Nomad named Rob, the owner of Playas Pacificas (Rancho La Aguja)?
Super nice guy if you are invited onto his land!
There are still lot's of unfenced country to enjoy...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 10:29 PM

thebeckster,
Don't mind mtgoat's lack of "Hospitality and friendliness"
He must be off his meds again...

It does pose a good question, did you pass any signs or gates?
Did you mean Punta Conejo and Punta Marquez (not "Marquis")?
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 05:42 PM
Friendliness and hospitality

No fences, no signs where we road in from....a little friendliness goes a long way!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 11:11 PM

No fences, no signs where we road in from....a little friendliness goes a long way!

You seem like a sensitive sort. DK claims the owner of the land is a super nice guy. Some folks don't take kindly to trespassers. I have a neighbor (not in Baja) who posted signs: trespassers will be shot.

An apology might have helped your situation.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 06:54 AM

Were you on a maintained road?
If you wear off road, of course the land owner would be unhappy. Most landowners don’t want their land torn up by bikes.
Btw, there is very little public land in Baja. Virtually all land is private, and just because it is not signed or fenced does not mean the landowner doesn’t care.

Stay on roads, ask first - the land owner might be more friendly.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 08:48 AM

not overly sensitive, sure hell didn’t expect hugs and kisses. If you don’t want anybody trespassing then post the hell out of and put up fences! mtgoat666 you sound like such and warm and fuzzy guy also!
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 09:03 AM

Thebeckster, You nailed it ! ( warm and fuzzy ) also

The Goat is most kind , loving and sensitive pussycat there is here on Baja Nomads , SUCH a Sweetheart !......:biggrin:

You didn't say whether the guy in the SUV was a Gringo or of Mexican decent ?
I bet I can figure it out though.....
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 10:13 AM

Baja is quickly changing.

For the past several years, the process of privatizing ejido land has been accelerating. The ejidatarios are now holding assemblies month after month, dividing up millions of acres of land with hundreds of new private landholders now emerging here south of Ensenada. The laws to privatize ejido land have been changing and the process is becoming a bit simpler and faster.

You should expect for these new changes to bring more and more limitations to off-road racing as new fences are raised and private property rights being enforced.

They don't care how many years you have been using that trail or its off-road history.

If you ride off-road, I suggest you think about scoping out any changes to the access to your old routes BEFORE you embark. These new property owners are quite serious about their property rights and most of them do not look kindly on trespassers who they see cutting through locked gates or riding off marked roads, tearing up their property.

I enjoy off-road and was active myself in decades prior but we simply have to accept the new reality that is coming amigos...

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 12:32 PM

Who is the A-hole here. Its his property! Is it OK if I ride across your property? or is it different because its Baja.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 01:06 PM

Back in the 70's I and a bunch of friends had some good acid we wanted to take in a quiet, natural setting. This was on the mainland near Lake Chapala. We drove about half an hour to a very rural area, took the acid, and were just hanging out. An old Mexican man suddenly appeared and started talking to us. We were all pretty annoyed- he was just bringing us down, and none of us spoke enough Spanish to understand what he was mumbling about in his ranchero Spanish. Someone said, "I wish he'd leave". Then someone else said, "Hey, maybe its his land".
We foreigners can be so clueless sometimes.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 01:23 PM

When you are on good Lysergic....the property belongs to the cosmos and begs to be shared....

When in the "normal" state of mind....boundaries start to pop up...internally and externally.... :coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Who is the A-hole here. Its his property! Is it OK if I ride across your property? or is it different because its Baja.
Me thinks the owner ,in this case , is the A-hole. ( He should have simply informed the bikers ) then IF the bikers ignored his request THEN the bikers would be the A-holes. But that wasn't the case as stated...

Reason being, his property isn't fenced or signed properly to let people know they are trespassing.
Pretty simple to understand, no ?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 01:39 PM

driving around the back roads of rosarito, and there's miles and miles, fence's and gates are popping up everywhere. I often wonder how many of these landowners are the same folks that are crowded into a small handful of their beaches because gringo's have fenced, gated and walled off access to everything else.
Ron (bajaGringo) is right, there's a new reality....its already here.
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 06:59 PM

You guessed correctly Paco, it’s a gringo! We left when we were told to.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 07:22 PM

Awesome, turn Baja into California! The place I can't wait to get out of!!!!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2018 at 01:25 AM

sure hell didn’t expect hugs and kisses. If you don’t want anybody trespassing then post the hell out of and put up fences!

Most land in Baja is private. Your were trespassing. Why would any owner "WANT" anybody trespassing? :) ... It's not like you and your friends came bearing gifts. Probably got into argument with him, too.

Fencing the heck out of it has not yet become common in this desert land, but it is getting there slowly, and I assure you that it won't be very enjoyable when it will come to this.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-8-2018 at 07:15 AM

not overly sensitive, sure hell didn’t expect hugs and kisses. If you don’t want anybody trespassing then post the hell out of and put up fences! mtgoat666 you sound like such and warm and fuzzy guy also!

Lack of signs or fences does not give you permission or rights to go off-road and rip up the land.

I am sure the land owners would like to avoid costs of signs and fences,.... but the fences and signs are going to go up because of a$$holes like you!

Woke!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-8-2018 at 09:59 AM

:O:O:O

A whole lot of assumptions being thrown around in this thread...:no:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.