Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blanca rage unleashed in La Paz LOL
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 08:46 AM
Blanca rage unleashed in La Paz LOL

ok I just read another thread on here talking about tinted windows and a mayor who got peeed off. Which in turn made me remember my recent La Paz experience:

We took our trip to La Paz Feb 2, 2018. It is a 10 hour drive from La Bocana. My mom was with us and since we were spending a whole month in La Paz, our dog Rex was with us too.

Rex is up there in age and was not too happy in the back seat, so I moved to the back to pet him and make him happier. So, we have Les driving and Mom and I in the back seat of the vehicle.

As we pull into town, quite exhausted after 10 hours, and cranky (what??? me cranky??? yes.) we get pulled over by the cops, literally 5 min. away from our destination house in beautiful La Paz.

The cop asks for Les's driver's license and the car doc. It is Les's car and under anapromex, so he hands over that card. The cop tells him that the anapromex expired in December. Yes, answers Les, but the cops in La Bocana told us not to worry about it since it is the beginning of the year. They banter back and forth and the cops says: I am keeping your license and anapromex card, we are going to impound the car bla bla bla.

At one point, the cop says something that Les didn't understand so he says...Blanca could you please talk to the cop?

So, I open my backseat window and talk to the cop that is on my side. What is the problem? I say.

Your vehicle doc is expired.

My husband just told you that the cops in our village said not to worry.

La Bocana is La Bocana and La Paz is La Paz.

Oh, is that so? and then I start SCREAMING. I want to go to the police station! and I want to go NOW.

He looks at me in complete surprise. You WANT to go?

Oh yes! Take us right now.

Is this your car?

It is my husband's but I don't care. Take us to the station now.

Mind you, I am really peeed off and I can be very loud after years doing voice training in my first years of teaching.

All I can say is that the cop near Les and the cop near me looked at each other and silently gave Les his documents back and said...be on your way....

and I might add that at the last moment Les asked me to ask the same cop where the street we were looking for was - the gall of it all! and the cop says "I don't know where it is"

turns out it was the next right

Mom, who has no experience with cops in Mexico is in a panic thinking that they will really take the car.

I start to laugh uncontrollably at the sheer ridiculousness of the whole scene. The tears are running down my face.

No mordida from this gal :lol::lol::lol:

Let's share some more mordida stories, shall we?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 10:23 AM

Good for you. I bet that was a sight to see. :bounce:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 12:09 PM

Blanca....great story....and nice to know you can dish it out like that....your shadow side....:o;D

"Hell hath no fury.... " :saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 12:20 PM

It really was a scene out of a movie! Talk about a scary side of a woman :o:o:o

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 12:47 PM

It sounds like an experience we had in Constitution, got pulled over on bogus charge, followed the cop to the police station, but really he was just driving us around then he stopped and said the station was closed and we had to pay him. My wife then came unglued and started screaming at him in both English and Spanish. I heard him say something like mujer loca and told us to leave.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 02:02 PM

Ah..but it was not a bogus charge....one must renew your Anapromex permit in January every year or your vehicle is not street legal....of course the cops who are your friends in La Bocana say no problema....I had the same thing happen in Asuncion..I didnt even know you had to renew it every year! Now you know...but the cop had every right to fine you or impound your car....I'm gonna try that wrath thing next time I do something wrong!!!:biggrin:

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 02:30 PM

Is Anapromex 'registration" on a vehicle legal??
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 02:43 PM

My stories are no different than all the rest so I just keep score.

BajaUtah - 3, Bandido cops - 0

Pesos donated to the "fat bastards with mustaches on motorcycles" club - $0

That's just for this century. If you go back into the surfing 70's I probably handed over a $20 or 2

Andy
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 03:00 PM

I need to get toronja clued into this whole making a scene thing... :D
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 05:34 PM

Yes, Shari, you are correct and we got the papers stamped the next day in La Paz.

And next time we know to do get it stamped and paid for right away!

But it was so funny (afterwards)....very definitely la loca time!

Come visit La Bocana

fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 05:40 PM

Thumbs up bajablanca!!

I remember reading a similar wild story by Paulina. Maybe she’ll see this and repost.

sbwontoo
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fandango  
Thumbs up bajablanca!!

I remember reading a similar wild story by Paulina. Maybe she’ll see this and repost.

Fandango,
I want to thank you for thinking of me. Because of that I did a search to find my old posts and ended up reading comments from Nomads that are no longer with us, or perhaps have fallen off of the Nomad boat, making my heart happy to see their comments again.

In doing a search I've relived a few mordida moments as well as a fun road blockade run that I did over 20 years ago. Thanks again for bringing my name up. Good baja times.

If anyone is interested, I've added the links below. The punctuation is a bit wacky I noticed.

P>*)))>{

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=19536
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=30633#pid3088...
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=29155#pid2899...
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=29194#pid2907...

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 09:54 PM

I remember reading the road blockade story even before looking at the links. Hilarious!
Thanks for the links.

sbwontoo
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 07:24 AM

Just finished reading the roadblock story! Oh my gosh, I wanna be on your team!

Now onto the rest of the stories.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 08:16 AM

�Por qu�? �Por qu�?

The one and only time I got pulled over, I was horrified. Expecting the worst, I immediately screamed the words �Por qu�? �Por qu�?. I also was waiving my arms in the air like a crazy woman. Only half way to my door, the officer turned around, got in his car, and sped away.

I read the above in one of Paulina's threads and it had the tears running down my face ! I think it was written by debinthedesert

If you are out there Deb, I will buy you a cup of coffee or a beer, your choice!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.