BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Homemade Bomb Caused Ferry Blast in Playa del Carmen
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 07:10 PM
Homemade Bomb Caused Ferry Blast in Playa del Carmen

I think the reservations for the Rosarito Beach Hotel are going to go up.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/homemade-bomb-was-cause-of-...
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 09:56 PM

Please stop reflexively posting crap unrelated to Baja. Thanks.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 11:57 PM
Sorry if You Feel My Posts Are Not Relevant to Baja

But, I think they are.

The State Department issued a ban on their employees using the ferries.

This story was prominently featured by all the national news organizations in the U.S.

Ipso facto, this kind of event has an effect on a person's decision about where to go for Spring Break.

Suddenly, Baja looks a lot more inviting.

Apologies for any irritation I may have caused.

[Edited on 3-11-2018 by GypsyJan]
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 01:29 AM

The mainland ferries aren't going to Baja. And absolutely no person ever who was thinking of going to Playa del Carmen for Spring Break would ever decide instead because of this story to go to Rosarito Beach. It's like saying someone who was planning to go to Hawaii decided instead to go to San Dimas (dude!). And my comment has nothing to do with irritation. Posting these stories, which have nothing to do with Baja at all (a fact you didn't refute because you can't) just forces more worthwhile posts off the main page.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 06:46 AM

This is the "HEAD IN THE SAND" forum. Don't discuss crime and violence and it will go away! (and protect our property values) Scroll down and you will see only 3 comments on the 6 or more murders in Santa Rosalia last week...SAME REASON....Its NOT going away...People should know about it...What are these "more worthwhile" posts that are being forced off the main page, Dano? More questions about where to buy the best Taco?

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 07:48 AM

Ignorance is bliss, whether in Baja or not.............
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 08:50 AM

It’s mind over matter. If you don’t mind it don’t matter!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 09:57 AM

Nothing wrong with GJs post. Why pick on him when you have all the rest of the Baja blow hard posts. That post how Mexico should be as the USA.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-11-2018 at 04:12 PM
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-11-2018 at 05:16 PM

Yeah. anyhow...

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2018 at 04:00 PM

Baja is still a part of Mexico.

This is the 2nd bomb in 5 or 6 weeks on the same ferry line. The 1st bomb wounded couple dozen people.
The 2nd one was discovered on the ferry that has been out of service for the last 10 months.
Looks like a turf war or personal vendetta.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2018 at 12:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
This is the "HEAD IN THE SAND" forum. Don't discuss crime and violence and it will go away! (and protect our property values) Scroll down and you will see only 3 comments on the 6 or more murders in Santa Rosalia last week...SAME REASON....Its NOT going away...People should know about it...What are these "more worthwhile" posts that are being forced off the main page, Dano? More questions about where to buy the best Taco?

I've never been one of that crew, and if you've paid any attention to my posts in the past, you'd know that was true. Maybe I need to learn to be a better communicator. I may have been a bit harsh with Jan, and I apologize for that. But I stick with my point. Geographically, Playa del Carmen is actually farther from Baja than, among other places, the following: Miami, Florida. All of the Caribbean countries. All of the countries in Central America. Cartagena, Columbia. Get my point? I want to know what's going on in Baja. Telling me what's happening in Playa del Carmen is like telling someone who wants news about California what's going on in Kansas. Not very helpful or informative. And the posts that get knocked down the list aren't all by blowhards. There is some very useful and timely information posted here, about places to go, things to do, people who need help, accidents, police actions, crime, weather, road conditions, and the like.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.