BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Overpopulation of Tijuana
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 3-13-2018 at 06:42 PM
Overpopulation of Tijuana

https://coronadotimes.com/news/2018/03/11/overpopulation-tij...
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 09:08 AM

I just wish that they would get their sewer system fixed.Especially those "accidental" sewage spills of millions of gallons of sewage every time it rains.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 09:37 AM

Tijuana getting their sewer system fixed would be an extremely major and expensive undertaking as the system is REALLY F'ed up.

So I don't think, with how the government is, that anything major is going to happen anytime in the near future.

One of the things I like to do while traveling is to check out the plumbing systems in Foreign countries, it's quite interesting.
( I'm a retired plumbing contractor )

That's how I qualified to go to Cuba ( for professional research ) I went for two months and extensively checked out the plumbing systems.
They need a LOT of revamping, I'll tell ya ! As well as the plumbing in Mexico...
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 10:20 AM

It seems like something as simple as filling pot holes on highway #1 cannot be done properly by the government and you want a decent sewer system? :biggrin:

What's next that you want, a fair pour at the gas station?;D

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 10:53 AM

it was only 5 years ago tijuana was patting itself on the back for having cleaner treated sewage than san diego......:?:
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 07:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
it was only 5 years ago tijuana was patting itself on the back for having cleaner treated sewage than san diego......:?:

The treated sewage is cleaner. It's the untreated stuff they dump in IB that's the problem. :lol:

If that river only ran south instead of northwest. :rolleyes:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 09:02 PM

Big problem...Tijuana's storm drain system, doubles as a sewer system, unlike anywhere in the US where you have two seperate systems, one for storm water and one for sewer. There is a treatment plant that was built by the US and Mexico ( not sure when ) but it is not capable of handling the waste water during any kind of moderate rain. It's a raw deal for Imperial Beach and anyone on the mexico side as well, a serious health problem that needs to be dealt with. I have no confidence that either side will address this issue anytime soon, a sad state of affairs. The bottom line is that it sits as the responsibility of mexico, hence, nothing will be done, unless the US steps in, which it will, one day
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by GypsyJan  

Too much whoopy!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 09:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

The treated sewage is cleaner. It's the untreated stuff they dump in IB that's the problem. :lol:

If that river only ran south instead of northwest. :rolleyes:

Don’t those wetlands act as natural bioreactor, biofilter?
And a little extra organic matter in the ocean is good for the plankton, and all the critters in the food chain above the plankton!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2018 at 11:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by GypsyJan  

Too much whoopy!

No. It's too little birth control. There is no such thing as too much whoopy. There are lubricants for that. ;D

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 06:07 AM

The infrastructure and civil engineering is a mess here in TJ.

I chuckle at all the off road enthusiasts posting fotos of rock crawling. Nothing is worst than the "mariano mile" or a "flooded centro".

Tj just added a bunch of immigrants from Haiti. Top them off with the deported cholos, the expansion is following the factories which means the population will move to East Rosarito. You can see it in the new housing project in Rosarito.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 08:04 AM

The media likes to sensationalize things because it gets attention. If they said, "When it rains a relatively small amount of sewage from Tijuana flows in to the ocean after getting filtered through the estuary and it really doesn't seem to be making anyone sick or harming the water quality in the ocean very much but its probably best not to go swimming for a couple days after it rains" it would not be much of a story.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 08:28 AM
Sewage deniers want us surfing with turds!

I don't know anything about the issue, but I can write a headline!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 10:30 AM

Mexican Brown Trout spawning grounds!

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Mexican Brown Trout spawning grounds!

Yes and don´t forget the Mexican Blind Mullet.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.