BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege house for rent
sactraveler

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 04:28 PM
Mulege house for rent

We have a charming stone-front house in Mulege, Baja Sur available for nightly or weekly rental, April-December, 2005. On the Mulege River, easy walk to Lighthouse beach or into town. Simple, clean, delightful. 1 bedroom, but large rooms that can accommodate additional cot(s). Pleasing garden-orchard (bananas, oranges, papayas) area. $35.00 per night, or $245 per week (8th night free). Call 530-333-9605 for additional information or e-mail Carl at maustin1@jps.net.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 04:52 PM

I can get you lots of renters if you have all the permits to legally rent.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

sactraveler

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
I can get you lots of renters if you have all the permits to legally rent.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 07:16 AM

sactraveler do you have a comment?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 07:46 AM

Bruce

Can you post the rules that an owner of a vacation house needs to follow to legally rent their place to vacationers?

I think this would be of interest:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 08:01 AM

1 You must register with the Hacienda to collect the iva. this is the Mexican equivalent of the I.R.S. in the U.S.

2. you must have permission from the Immigration. to have this kind of business.

3. you must hire an accountant to file your quarterly taxes and pay the iva.

4. you should notify your insurance carrier and make sure your coverage will stay in effect as a rental. this is not mandatory but I suggest it

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

sactraveler

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 08:25 AM

thanks, Bruce. We'll come by sometime in June and talk more.
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 03:15 PM

Now, I sure hope we are not believing that this is how the vast majority of people in Baja (mainland for that matter) rent for shorter terms. Nice to know the official rules, but I sure would hate to have people become concerned with posting such valuable offerings for fear they are going to get in trouble. Yes it is possible, but last I knew we were distant cousins and I was just loaning them my place....that would be my approach (has been).

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 03:37 PM

Well Tim, i just dont think the guy you rent to is going to tell some mexican offical that he's your cousin....

The renter paid good money and should have NO hassels at all.....

The renter WILL give you up in a split second....then you have a problem.

:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 03:38 PM

I would be very careful with that "distant cousin thing".
There are other official / legal places leasing similar or better rooms for same or less money.
Prices in Mulege are starting around $35/night and cheaper.
And those places are legal, insured have free coffe and sometimes breakfast.
So why taking any risk and for the risk paying more?

:fire:
sactraveler

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 08:25 AM
mulege house

Clarification/apology/thanks. The mistake is mine. I should not have said "we have" a house in Mulege. In our hearts we have a house in Mulege, which we rent whenever we can get to that magic land. The owner of the land is properly licensed, in the business, local. We get receipts, even contracts, from him when we visit. Because we are fond of the owner, and eager to help him maintain his business, we offered to list the house on the Internet. (The owner does not use Internet.) Anyone responding to our listing will simply be referred to the owner, with phone, address, etc. after we have communicated. We made this offer simply because of some language barriers and because the owner does not use the Internet. Any benefit we derive from this effort will look something like a free bottle of purified water, or perhaps a well-tended, watered plant on the patio. :yes:
tim40
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 10:59 AM

Nice to know Sactraveler....but my point remains the same....

I always appreciate knowing what the 'official' rules are so if I choose to work around them, I know what rule I am working around.

I am sure nobody on this board has ever cosumed a alcoholic beverage either driving down the road or even on public/community/state streets? Different...but the same...just need to know the risks...

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tim40
Now, I sure hope we are not believing that this is how the vast majority of people in Baja (mainland for that matter) rent for shorter terms. Nice to know the official rules, but I sure would hate to have people become concerned with posting such valuable offerings for fear they are going to get in trouble. Yes it is possible, but last I knew we were distant cousins and I was just loaning them my place....that would be my approach (has been).

the immigration will deport you and seize your property. and you can have criminal charges filed against you for not paying your taxes .why do you think you are above the law in Mexico?so take your chances if you want :lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 11:39 AM

In the last 18 months 2 people in Mulege have be investigated by the immigration. for renting there property. one of them for posting ads on the Internet. since this last incident I know for a fact that the immigration office in Santa Rosalia monitors this and other sites on the Internet . you are not allowed to advertise anything for sale or rent with out specific permission.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

sactraveler

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 11:50 AM

Thanks Tim. . . I really like your attitude.

I don't expect to be investigated or charged with anything but enthusiasm.
tim40
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 05:23 PM

Bruce, when your glass house is built, send me a message, I would like to come by and take a look.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tim40
Bruce, when your glass house is built, send me a message, I would like to come by and take a look.

tim it doesn't have anything to do with a glass house. as an immigrant to this country I fell it my duty to Know and fallow the law as best I can . I also lick to help other people that ask for advice when I can. I consider it a extreme disservice for you to advise these fine people who are trying do do things correctly to go against the law and put them selves in jeopardy. I don't now what you are trying to prove to your self but you are showing your ignorance to every one on this forum.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

tim40
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2005 at 12:14 AM

Give me, most of us, a break Bruce. Read what was written, not what your over active imagination would like it to read. You may or may not have lived as long as I have in Mexico. I am keanly aware of the laws, customs, norms, culture and of people that think they know more than others for whatever reason.

I have read many of your post, enjoy most, but you have taken a left turn related to my comments. And suggesting that I am doing anyone a disservice for sharing another real fact about how business is done in baja and all of Mexico for that matter is just a crock. And lets be very clear, there may be people on this board that have as much respect for the people of Mexico in general, and baja specifically, as I do...but not one little bit more.

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 4-29-2005 at 11:54 PM

I believe both of you to be sincere and passionate about this subject, and if the point of this forum is to be informative, then I think we are well served by hearing two points of view that I believe are true. Its now up to us to decide which path to follow. However, since I have nothing to rent, its a moot point. I will however, bring bread and water to all who follow the wrong path.

romeo was wrong, she wasn't worth it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.