Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Las Casitas - Santa Rosalia
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 11:29 AM
Las Casitas - Santa Rosalia

What a primo location! The views are breathtaking...wonderful to wake up to beauty and a Sea of Cortez sunrise.

The room we had was facing the water but there are other rooms that apparently are smaller. Ours was large and clean but the varanda needs some paint and an unbroken chair...

The view cannot be beat!

rsz_20180316_132746_resized.jpg - 78kB

rsz_20180316_132457_resized.jpg - 70kB

rsz_20180316_132420_resized.jpg - 68kB

rsz_120180316_132347_resized.jpg - 72kB

Address: Carretera Transpeninsular Km 1.5
Costa Azul, 23920 Santa Rosalía, B.C.S.

Phone: 01 615 152 3023

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 11:46 AM
The view cannot be beat?

Wow, nice view! It is the second best I have seen today!

I am at La Bufadora in Bahia Asuncion (Shari and Juan's inn) and the view here is well in the lead.

I apologize to my fellow nomads for not learning to post photos to prove my point.

[Edited on 3-19-2018 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 11:54 AM

Hola What are there rates
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 11:54 AM

So lovely.
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Wow, nice view! It is the second best I have seen today!

I am at La Bufadora in Bahia Asuncion (Shari and Juan's inn) and the view here is well in the lead.

I apologize to my fellow nomads for not learning to post photos to prove my point.

[Edited on 3-19-2018 by AKgringo]

Their place is amazing. So worth the trip. Will you get to San Roque while you're there?

San Roque.JPG - 83kB
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 12:40 PM

You guys! I know that La Bufadora Inn has an incredible view and I also know that our B&B has the same beauty in front but

I also believe in the here and now and the view of the SOC from Las Casitas was very special.

Our room with two double beds cost 1200 pesos a night. I really wanted to stay at the Casitas since last time I stayed at the hotel francis. I liked it fine but Les wasn't interested in the creaky floors.

I did not ask the other prices at Las Casitas, but I know there are some single bed rooms.

The time before last I stayed at the Hotel Morro and I wd rather not comment except to say that until there is an upgrade, no way will I stay there again.

The nice part of santa rosalia at this time of year is that it was not hot nor cold, the weather is perfect right now.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 01:48 PM

[rquote=author=gueribo]

Their place is amazing. So worth the trip. Will you get to San Roque while you're there?
[/rquote]

I recognize that church door, two Canadians and I camped right in front of it a couple of years ago. It was right before it was renovated, and it appeared abandoned, but no trash or graffiti!

I should go check it out, but I am running out of time, and have a few other sites on my itinerary on the trip north.

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 01:58 PM

Thanks Blanca.
You and Les post some great trip reports.
I can't wait to visit your place.
Soon, very soon.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 02:53 PM

AKgringo if you send me a photo or two, I would be happy to post them on your behalf.

The ocean is exquisitely beautiful today. It really is a picture perfect day out there!

Come visit La Bocana

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 03:14 PM

hola,

WOW ! what a great view indeed. looks like you can cast a line and get dinner.

blanca, i stayed at el morro once and had dinner there as well. i forgot what i had so i guess that says how the food was. not very memorable, at all. oh...now i remember, i had a lobster dinner. well, they told me it was lobster. no wonder there were like two other tables with patrons.

it was very busy the night that i stayed without a reservation and they were full up as well as the parking lot. i was told to wait until about 8:00 p.m. and if there was an unfilled reservation and the room was to my liking, which at the time i didn't care, i would be third in line.

i did get a room and this was around 2010 or so and the room was dingy, the shower wasn't cleaned as there was a paper coffee cup on the floor and looked dirty. as tired as i was, i just threw the cup in the trash and took what i thought would be a shower. the water just dripped out, enough to get me wet but it was a bit of a trial getting the shampoo out of my hair and the soap off my tired body.

after i got out of the shower, i still felt a bit dirty and i had to go through extra efforts to make my feet feel clean from the uncleaned shower.

i slept well due to being so tired after a long drive and felt pretty well rested when getting up in the morning.

NEVER AGAIN !!! unless there is no alternative. just need to plan ahead and make reservations elsewhere and well in advance especially when there are better places like LAS CASITAS !

for me, it makes staying at places like BAjA CACTUS in el rosario and JARDINES in san quintin feel like staying in a five star hotel ! ( i don't think i ever stayed at a five star hotel but i have seen pictures )

for people on this site posting about hotels/motels, would it be possible to post the phone numbers and possible websites and email addresses. for me, i keep a log of all the taquerias, restaurants, hotels, motels and some side trips for when i travel.

i am sure it would help us fellow travelers.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 04:24 PM

Nice review but sorry for half the price I´ll take el Morro over Las Casitas every day of the week. Who would want to stay in Santa Rosalia for more than a nights sleep? The food there pretty much sucks but they have great parking for any size rig (elMorro). Just get food to go from the decent chinese rest.(north of el morro) and all is good.

[Edited on 3-19-2018 by chippy]
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 04:31 PM

hola,

i'm not wealthy BUT, i would have paid twice the price for a twice the better room. yes, for me, even a very clean bathroom makes a difference. and, i only need a single bed as i'm traveling alone which would make LA CASITA a bit cheaper for me.

for the cleanliness of the bathroom reflects the cleanliness of the rest of the room which is very important to me.

I JUST SLEEP BETTER !!!! and i have a very long drive ahead.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
[rquote=author=gueribo]

[/rquote]

I recognize that church door, two Canadians and I camped right in front of it a couple of years ago. It was right before it was renovated, and it appeared abandoned, but no trash or graffiti!

I should go check it out, but I am running out of time, and have a few other sites on my itinerary on the trip north.

If you do, please post a trip report!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 05:49 PM

San Roque Sept. 2016:

In 2007:

[Edited on 3-20-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2018 at 06:33 PM

Thank you David! I was there in late 2013, or 2014, I get my trips mixed up. It looked just like the 2007 photos when I was there.

Now back to Blanca's topic, Las Casitas!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2018 at 12:28 PM

As to Blanca not commenting on Hotel Morro my wife and I had an interesting stay there several years ago. After checking into our room we headed over to have a margarita and dinner. At the bar we could see the kitchen in the mirror behind the bar. The waitress was eating off the tray when she would bring the plates etc back to the kitchen. She must have been really hungry because she would reach up and take food off the plates and eat it as she took the food to the table. My wife found a hair in her margarita glass and decided she was not going to eat there so we left. Never stayed there again. Actually I've never stayed in the town again.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-20-2018 at 01:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
As to Blanca not commenting on Hotel Morro my wife and I had an interesting stay there several years ago. After checking into our room we headed over to have a margarita and dinner. At the bar we could see the kitchen in the mirror behind the bar. The waitress was eating off the tray when she would bring the plates etc back to the kitchen. She must have been really hungry because she would reach up and take food off the plates and eat it as she took the food to the table. My wife found a hair in her margarita glass and decided she was not going to eat there so we left. Never stayed there again. Actually I've never stayed in the town again.

My first 'funny' story of Santa Rosalía dates back to 1966:

My dad was anxious to get to Mulegé and do some fishing on our Jeep Wagoneer trip down the length of Baja...

We had a rough night's camp the night before, somewhere south of Punta Prieta. The main road to La Paz back then was just a single auto track through the desert. Driving 100 miles a day was typical between Colonet and Constitucion when that was all dirt driving.

We were south of El Arco at Rancho Los Angeles and the sun was low, near setting in the west. There, a passenger van was stopped and it was full of people and their luggage, heading south... It was THE bus of central Baja.

As roads often branched and without signs, my dad thought it would be a grand idea to follow this van to San Ignacio so we would get there the quickest. It soon got dark and the van probably didn't care to have the headlights of our Jeep behind them (my parents figured) as it seemed anxious to lose us. I was just a kid of 8 years of age, but I recall us getting lost in San Ignacio in the dark before finding the road on to Santa Rosalía. We missed seeing the palms, river, mission, and all the beauty that make San Ignacio so wonderous in this lava-covered-desert. [My dad's next trip through there with a couple of other dentists he worked with was in 1972 and he was so impressed]

The road to Santa Rosalía consisted of many hairpin curves that often required backing-up... and that was all driven in the dark! When we arrived in Santa Rosalía my folks asked for a hotel, from someone on the street (or perhaps it was a cop?). We were directed to the Hotel Central. I don't think we even got out of the Wagoneer as it had the appearance of a place that had rooms 'rented by the hour' with men and women looking very social outside.

We drove a couple miles back north and slept on the beach, the few hours before sunrise!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.