Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Tijuana city cop curruption again
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 3-22-2018 at 07:50 PM
Tijuana city cop curruption again

Yes this is longwinded...
On Tuesday at 8pm (dark), I drove my older Tacoma in Tijuana's north district and within 3 minutes, a city police car pulled me over after I made a u-turn at an intersection ( did not have a "no U-turn" sign).
A cop walked up to my window, said I made an illegal turn, demanded my license and told me to follow him to the police station. The location of the stop was on a busy business district with people walking on the sidewalks. I was happy to go with the thought of telling a judge the turn was legal.
We drove off for the police station so I thought, which I knew was several blocks straight ahead. But the police car ahead of me turned 2 blocks left and then right, onto a residential street. The cop pulled over mid block, where no street light was, and in front of garage doors with no people around. The cop put his arm out the driver's window directing me to pull over behind him. I recognized this bad situation and drove by to the end of that block where there was street lights and an open door on a business. The cop blasted his lould buss horn several times as I passed him and waved his arm for me to pull right.
The cop pulled up behind me and the 2 cops walked up. The cop was mad and chastised me for not stopping midblock. He ordered me out of the truck. He said they would search my car and my pockets. I said no. They were surprised and asked why not. I said its a private car and if I made an illegal turn they had no reason to search anything.I took out my cell phone, turned on the video camera and pointed it at the more aggressive cop and told him not to search my car. The c o p grabbed my phone from me. I grabbed it back and he bent my arm and handcuffed me. I yelled help, help, help and a man and woman came out of the open door. They stood there for the entire rest if the contact.
One cop seated me in the rear seat of the cop car with my feet on the ground while the other cop searched my truck, suitcase and everything else. He flipped thriugh my cellphone and erased the video of himself.
The 2nd cop tried to distract me watching his partner in my truck by talking to me. He asked why I was mad at them and I told him I was a cop in the US for 20 years and I recognized their abuse and that they were trying to rob money from me.
The cop was surprised and asked if I have a police ID which I did. He got my retired ID from my wallet and yelled to his partner that I'm a policia sergeant. The partner walked to us and they backed way off on their attitudes. One explained they work in a dangerous place and need to search for guns and drugs. They uncuffed me, told me several times to count the money in my wallet, to witch I said its all there. The shook my hand and left me there to go on my way.

Why didn't they take me to a traffic judge? Why did they take me to a secluded dark spot?

Since they were parked behind me, they waited until I drove off before they left. I circled the blick, went back and told the man and woman wittnesses the details. They said it was good I challenged the cops and I thanked them for standing there to watch what was happening.
I searched the TJ city websight for a place to post this incident but I didn't find a place. I did see many postings by the city telling of their steps to curtail police curruption.YEAH RIGHT!!!

The last 2 of my 3 visits to the north zone have included being stopped for a bogus traffic violation. I used the video recording the other time too and the cop was very quite and told me to wear my seatbelt ( witch I was wearing) and quickly released me.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 06:18 AM

All part of the experience. Now you can tell the grandkids!!!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 06:29 AM

Cops won’t rob fellow cops.
Glad you were able to tell the TJ cops to go rob a non-cop!
We should all get fake badges, flash them when pulled over :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 07:26 AM

Bajalearner wrote: The cop was mad and chastised me for not stopping midblock. He ordered me out of the truck. He said they would search my car and my pockets. I said no. They were surprised and asked why not. I said its a private car and if I made an illegal turn they had no reason to search anything.I took out my cell phone, turned on the video camera and pointed it at the more aggressive cop and told him not to search my car. The c o p grabbed my phone from me. I grabbed it back and he bent my arm and handcuffed me. I yelled help, help, help and a man and woman came out of the open door. They stood there for the entire rest if the contact.

Personally, I have told corrupt TJ, cops that I was a lawyer, along with other career choices in an attempt to make the TJ cops back down with their possible shake down attempts, but I think the OP is actually claiming he was real LE. ( law enforcement)

So if Bajalearner, was a real cop, he above most people, would know if he did anything he claimed above in the US, that he would be beaten to a bloody pulp by an American cop, and maybe shot if he was black!

The onlookers, if they were in the US, probably would be arrested for interfering with a police officer doing his work.

So I don't know why so many people think they could be so disrespectful to a Mexican cop, when you know you could never get away with such behavior back in the states.

The fact it was a private car, doesn't stop a cop from searching your car in either the US or Mexico, if he has probable cause, or reasonable suspicion some type of crime or infraction was committed. Yes, there are constitutional protections, but in practice, it doesn't usually extend to your car like it does for your house or apartment, especially in Mexico.

BTW, what were you doing in the Zona Norte?

[Edited on 3-23-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 12:26 PM

yup...not the best area at night

123.jpg - 86kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 01:01 PM

Or, It can be the best area at night, depending on what-cha looking for ?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 01:09 PM

Are you sure the law about U turns you are referring is not just a US law? That, absent a specific "NO U TURN" sign, it is legal?

Perhaps not in Mexico?

John

[Edited on 3-23-2018 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalearner  

The last 2 of my 3 visits to the north zone have included being stopped for a bogus traffic violation.

frequent visits to zona norte???

:!::!::!::!:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 01:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The last 2 of my 3 visits to the north zone have included being stopped for a bogus traffic violation.

frequent visits to zona norte???

:!::!::!::!:
What-da-think he's doing in the Zona ? They got some of the best damn Taco's in all of Mexico there ....

[Edited on 3-23-2018 by Paco Facullo]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 02:31 PM

Yes there are corrupt cops in zona norte...
Yes there are ladies of the night in zona norte...
Deal with it. Or not.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo
/rquote  
What-da-think he's doing in the Zona ? They got some of the best damn Taco's in all of Mexico there ....

Looks like a taco, tastes.... you know the rest. :yes:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 03:29 PM

Why didn't they take me to a traffic judge? Why did they take me to a secluded dark spot?

As for this, I'd bet they were looking for you to choose the "pay now" option on your so-called infraction.

Though it's possible they were looking to rob you, it sounds a lot more like you were getting shaken down for mordida.

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 09:09 PM

There's more to the zona norte than la cohuila. Just shows how most comment on el centro, but don't know chit.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 09:28 PM

Here is a guide for zona Norte:

http://www.sandiegored.com/en/news/68594/Tony-Tee-s-How-to-g...

Basically, it says don’t go alone, don’t drive, keep your eyes open and wits about you, and watch out!

I have zero interest in going there. Not my cup of tea. What little I have seen passing through convinced me to stay the flock out.

Woke!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 09:32 PM

Basically, it says don’t go alone, don’t drive, keep your eyes open and wits about you, and watch out!

I have zero interest in going there. Not my cup of tea. What little I have seen passing through convinced me to stay the flock out.

I feel the same way about Mulege!:yes:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2018 at 09:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I feel the same way about Mulege!:yes:

I’m not old enough to go to mulege.

Woke!

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 12:26 AM

Why not ?

[Edited on 3-24-2018 by Paco Facullo]
bajasam

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 01:09 AM

The sindicatura office handles police complaints made by citizens. They used to have a paper card that you could print out and flash to the policia if you were ever pulled over or detained. Kind of let them know you were wise to their mordida game and they would generally move on to their next victim if they saw it.

http://www.sindicatura.gob.mx/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 09:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajasam  

The sindicatura office handles police complaints made by citizens. They used to have a paper card that you could print out and flash to the policia if you were ever pulled over or detained. Kind of let them know you were wise to their mordida game and they would generally move on to their next victim if they saw it.

http://www.sindicatura.gob.mx/

The cops don’t care if you are wise to their game. Their badge AUTHORIZES them to play the game.

Woke!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 10:24 AM

It's like a Tariff, right? The gringos going there have more money than the cops, so it should be fine to charge them. Whats wrong with that?

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.