Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Tijuana city cop curruption again
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 11:07 AM

I know a small handful of guys who want to tow their boat down to ENS and SQ (their p*ssy won't let them go farther!) but they're afraid of the shake down. So chittty for the people on the beach...

bajasam

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajasam  

The sindicatura office handles police complaints made by citizens. They used to have a paper card that you could print out and flash to the policia if you were ever pulled over or detained. Kind of let them know you were wise to their mordida game and they would generally move on to their next victim if they saw it.

http://www.sindicatura.gob.mx/

The cops don’t care if you are wise to their game. Their badge AUTHORIZES them to play the game.

I lived in TJ and Rosarito for about a decade so I know all about the scare tactics of the policia. Their goal is to take as much money as they can each day in the shortest amount of time. And they're not just keeping it all for themselves, their supervisors get a cut of what the take as well. So if they realize that someone is not afraid of them and basically wasting their time they will usually move on to their next victim. The card helps and so does making it known to them that you live in the area. JMHO from my experiences living there and crossing the border almost every day.

xolotl_tj
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2018 at 06:35 PM

It's always hard to tell what really happened with these online stories because the poster is always right and the cops are always corrupt.

Most U-turns are illegal in Tijuana, certainly more than are in California. See http://www.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/pdfs/reg_transitotj.pdf at Art 57/VIII.

The cops should have given bajalearner a written infraction on the spot or else have taken him to the juez de primera instancia at the nearest comandancia, which, for the Zona Norte, would be at the eastern corner of Gonález Ortega and Vía Internacional and to get there, yes, it might look like being taken through a few darkly lit streets. Especially at night.

Tijuana cops are inclined to show their international brethren a good deal of professional courtesy, but only so long as they are treated courteously as well. Behaving like retired Sheriff J. W. Pepper from a James Bond movie is not considered courteous, guldurnit.

Going forward:

If you find yourself in Sheriff J. W. Bajalearner's situation, take your cell phone out of your pocket and dial 911 before you even pull your car over to the side of the road. When the operator hears you jabbering in English, you will be connected automatically to 078, a bilingual employee of Secture. That person, who is most likely a licensed attorney, will help you negotiate your traffic stop. But keep in mind, just because you're a gringo and the cop's one of them guldurned beaners your GEOTUS hates so much, that doesn't mean you're right and the cop's wrong.

L’homme ici arrive où il peut et non où il veut.
—Vasco Núñez de Balboa
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2018 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalearner  
. The c o p grabbed my phone from me. I grabbed it back and he bent my arm and handcuffed me. I yelled help, help, help and a man and woman came out of the open door. They stood there for the entire rest if the contact. ...

He asked why I was mad at them and I told him I was a cop in the US for 20 years and I recognized their abuse and that they were trying to rob money from me.

Help help help? You yelled for help after being cuffed?

You might have been a cop but had to work behind a desk. And you don't know how to behave with MX cops.

I'm an ex-cop from a family of cops. This story doesn't read like any cop I know. I suggest you stay out of Baja.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 04:23 PM

In all my years of traveling Mexico here in Baja and Mainland, I have been involved with some policemen that were trying to get the extra money from me for something that was not done by me while driving. Twice in Tijuana, Three times in Rosarito and two times in Hermosillo but each time, since I did nothing wrong, I said lets go to the police station. The policemen after 10 to 15 minutes of their messing around I was told I was getting a warning and could leave. I thanked them and went on my way but I always stay polite and respectful just as I do in the USA. Common sense and not wanting to escalate anything is what everyone should do.
After over 50 years of coming and going in Mexico I don't fear the police but I don't try to get them more focused on doing something totally off the charts. I have never paid for the "Bite" but if it came down to actually going to jail in a police car on something totally made up I would probably have to reconsider that. Never Say Never as sometimes the money just doesn't matter at some point of having a Really Bad Day!! Take Care & Travel Safe---"No Hurry, No Worry, Just Fun!"

bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 08:50 AM

My post was to inform others' of a Tijuana police corrup act upon me which I described to show the setting and premeditated actions of 2 cops who lead me away from an area with witnessnes to a secluded area where they could prey on me.

I haven't followed this site for a few years but made the post here because if the relevance to Baja living. I was first surprised at some responses which were off target while talking about wheather u turns are legal, my actions to stand up to the corrupt cops were nit what that person would have done (Monday morning) or even my possible dishonesty about my background. These things have nothing to do with the cops' actions to place me in a dark desolet location but some people think they are the issue. One person even questioned my truthfulness about me being a career cop but he himself wrote that he gained his job through nepitism and he was not a career cop. I have seen such men loose their jobs repeatidly for ineptness and I suspect he is one but his big mouth will distort the truth. (I learned that in my first year as a career cop!)

I will add that there were many (probably most) people on this site who are informative and constructive while a few people have trouble following the topic.

Buenos dias!
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 04:27 PM

Tijuana police are drug dealers.
Most of it crosses the border.
many a gringo has been bandidoed by TJ cops who were high on heroine. Who are those guys yelling quantos quantos on the side walk? They work for the police department and sell meth.

before joe joe sticks up for the curoption, joe their exported drugs make the street you live on unsafe.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-cocaine-unloaded-20...
Trump is against drugs.
George Bush within one hour of takeing office ordered the coast guard not to search for drugs, and only search for terrorists.

Hillary and friends proffit from the drugs Trump wants to stop.
and joe, can not see this

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
many a gringo has been bandidoed by TJ cops who were high on heroine. Who are those guys yelling quantos quantos on the side walk? They work for the police department and sell meth.

before joe joe sticks up for the curoption, joe their exported drugs make the street you live on unsafe.

Trump is against drugs.
George Bush within one hour of takeing office ordered the coast guard not to search for drugs, and only search for terrorists.

:?::lol::?::lol:

[Edited on 4-15-2018 by chippy]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 04:53 PM

Trump is against drugs.

Jiminy Crickets ,Man-O-live child , dats some far out hypothesizing you be doin right there , I'll tell ya....

[Edited on 4-16-2018 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 06:22 PM

Trump is against drugs.

All cops are criminals. Not all cops are drug dealers. Some are in the drug biz. Some are in the “protection” biz. Some specialize in traffic extortion or express kidnapping. Some are on payroll of criminal gangs.

[Edited on 4-16-2018 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 06:51 PM

And all you wackos are the reason Trump won! Own it and make the future yours.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:24 PM

An expired driver license is what you should ALWAYS provide.
Give them the finger in your lap while smiling at them, drives them nuts and they think you are too.

NEXT

Es Todo Bueno
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Well, the populous had to pick between Hillary and Trump ...

Quite the conundrum, on one side you have a smug rich buttcrack that has a mouth that doesn't know when to shut up and on the other side a horrible looking , OH SO fake smiling b*tch that wants to keep things going for her and her cronies only...

Where's Ron Paul when you need him ????

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:49 PM

MAGA :spingrin:

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 4-16-2018 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Trump is against drugs.

Jiminy Crickets ,Man-O-live child , dats some far out hypothesizing you be doin right there , I'll tell ya....

Not a guess
For disobeying the order not to search for drugs, a senior coast guard man was court marshalled, and demoted. The 18 truck loads of drugs never made it to the incinerator in Coos Bay.
Within one hour of takeing office, GW jr ordered the US coast guard to not search for drugs, and only search for terrorists. GW does not know he gave that order, (think Rumsfeld.) In San Diego the state, local coast guard, was told not to go out more than 12 miles, so the drugs could pass more eaisly.

Trumps drug seizures are costing Hillary and the scientologists and company billions. Where did you think the anti Trump propaganda comes from.

The Cocaine Import Agency owns yahoo and fox news by the way. Yahoo headquaters is 300 yards from their headquaters in Virgina.

[Edited on 4-16-2018 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2018 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Trump is against drugs.

Not a guess
For disobeying the order not to search for drugs, a senior coast guard man was court marshalled, and demoted. The 18 truck loads of drugs never made it to the incinerator in Coos Bay.
Within one hour of takeing office, GW jr ordered the US coast guard to not search for drugs, and only search for terrorists. GW does not know he gave that order, (think Rumsfeld.) In San Diego the state, local coast guard, was told not to go out more than 12 miles, so the drugs could pass more eaisly.

Trumps drug seizures are costing Hillary and the scientologists and company billions. Where did you think the anti Trump propaganda comes from.

The Cocaine Import Agency owns yahoo and fox news by the way. Yahoo headquaters is 300 yards from their headquaters in Virgina.

[Edited on 4-16-2018 by joerover]

Wow! Thank's for this info....I had no idea...
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  
...I had no idea...

the fat lady is breeding
which means
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 07:09 PM
(repeated) Baja Grande shakedowns

In 2006, Tecate motor police stopped the fun as one of the Jeeps was stopped for rolling through a glorieta..is that possible?:lol: Our Jeeps clogged both the inbound and outbound roads of Tecate, grinding all traffic and related commerce to a halt. The motor officer told me to GET YOUR 'JEEPS' AND GET OUT OF TECATE!!:bounce::cool::lol::?:

BAJA GRANDE WAS EFFECTIVELY THROWN OUT OF TOWN!!:tumble:

In 2008, San Quintin highway police had a roadblock, because they had heard that Baja Grande was coming through town! I was asked to step out of my ('Jeep'). I complied. The police officer asked if I was traveling with the other 9 4WD vehicles, and I responded, "Yes." His eyes looked nervous as he told me to get back into my ('Jeep'). :?:

joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 05:49 PM

[rquote=1117680&tid=89948&author=Ken grinding all traffic and related commerce to a halt. :?:[/rquote]

I Chiapas they bring a couple thousand friends and make everyone pay a toll

the fat lady is breeding
which means
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-21-2018 at 09:10 AM

Trump is against drugs.

One question Joerover, are you one of the buyers from the guys yelling quantos quantos?

I ask because it's pretty obvious you are on something that's very strong.

I understand some drug dealers openly sell drugs like that in the Zona Norte, and specifically in the alley, Callejon Coahuila. If that's where you are witnessing these open drug sales, Joerover, who cares?

Drug use should be decriminalized in both the US, Mexico, and around the world, and in the mean time, big cities like Tijuana, should have these decriminalized areas where adults can find their favorite vice, free from cops that want to arrest you for even having a small quantity of drugs, which is already decriminalized in Mexico, but at the same times arrests are sometimes still being made, or people they pull over or stop on the street are still subject to harassment.

Nothing is gained by putting drug dealers, drug users, and junkies in prison. Donald Trump's wanting to borrow the insane practices of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, who practices capital punishment on drug dealers, is beyond insane, except in the Philippines there is often no trial, and the cops kill suspected drug dealers right on the streets!

BTW, the gringos who go down to Tijuana, and drive around in the Zona Norte, like the OP in this thread, aren't so innocent all the time.

Tijuana finest, know that gringos, especially the younger ones, are not only there for the ladies, but they are also there for the illicit drugs. If a corrupt TJ cops decides to just make random stops on just gringos from the US. They could make a pretty good living asking the people they stop to pay them directly, because chances are they people they stop will either be drunk, high on drugs, or have drugs on their body or car the Mexico police fine.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.