BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Clenbuterol is often fed to animals intended for meat consumption in China and Mexico, because it helps produce leaner meat
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 07:34 AM
Clenbuterol is often fed to animals intended for meat consumption in China and Mexico, because it helps produce leaner meat

i'm curious what meat is provided to baja sur. what about pork ? chickens ?

maybe that's why i lose weight and look more muscular when in mexico for an extended period of time and when i get home in los angeles, i start looking like the beer bellied senior that i currently am ?

https://sports.yahoo.com/canelo-alvarez-caught-embarrassing-...

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 07:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
i'm curious what meat is provided to baja sur. what about pork ? chickens ?

maybe that's why i lose weight and look more muscular when in mexico for an extended period of time and when i get home in los angeles, i start looking like the beer bellied senior that i currently am ?

https://sports.yahoo.com/canelo-alvarez-caught-embarrassing-...

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Maybe you could stop eating it for a month and report back.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 08:16 AM

Hola weebray,

ha..i'll report now. i've been in los angeles since leaving baja almost completely around 2011 and yup, my waistline has expanded quite a bit.

i need to start eating mexican beef ! a lot ! but then, i'll probably get gout again.

life's tough !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 10:34 AM

Sugar is a much bigger problem than fat. We have been cutting back on fat consumption for nearly 50 years now and americans are fatter than ever.
I generally put on weight in baja since i dont really drink beer at home.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 10:49 AM

All the tree huggers know that the flavor in every taco is because of the fat content.....

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 11:41 AM

interesting....sure enough the store bought ground beef down here is so lean its flavorless, friends tell me when having the local butcher ground beef for you to ask for extra fat to be added for flavor. as far as chicken goes Bachoco claims to have no hormones or steroids, tastes great! remember when the chicken here was always bright yellow? that seems to have gone away?
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2018 at 12:23 PM

i remember when my oldest son and i first went to baja on the 5 day-4night hotel stay with two days fishing in the mid 80's, i made the comment to my son that the chickens in our lunches sure were scrawny compared to the chickens we buy in the states and i made the comment " they probably don't have any steroids in them ".

as late as 2011, i went to a particular market in the east cape to buy their chicken leg with the thigh attached and told my friend how big they were. they were really big.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.