Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Retiring in Baja
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
Thanks for all the info and perspective everyone. Gave me and the wife to chew on for a bit; lots to consider.

Yeah, it's a very colotful place...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  
Call me as *sshole if you want. You may be right, but you are the dumbflock here.You kicked one of your bad habits and now think you are better than others. Prove us wrong. Build the big house, buy a plane, and a boat, post fotos.

Ok:D

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:36 PM

From Baja Western Onion:

'Living Or Retiring In Mexico, Now At Local Bookstore - A collection of stories and practical information for anyone that wants to spend more time in Mexico, or would consider staying permanently. Written by local author, covering Mexican culture and history, what to expect and 'living the life' in Mexico, while seeing your budget gain substantial spending power. ☞ Marianne Buijs, https://booklaunch.io/leobuijs/a-taste-of-living-in-mexico, Todos Santos''

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:36 PM

And for the recond...

The reason I have decided to try and assimilate myself into the cute little mexican house is primarily monitary... true.
But the money that I save is for my casita, my 1st little structure, my fishshack.

[Edited on 3-29-2018 by fishbuck]

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
And for the recond...

The reason I have decided to try and assimilate myself into the cute little mexican house is primarily monitary... true.
But the money that I save is for my casita, my 1st little structure, my fishshack.

You will be happy retired in Baja cost of living little money. We have Fixed water bill 120 pesos a month, Property tax under 20.00 Dollars a year. Also no building permits needed on homes built.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
And for the recond...

You will be happy retired in Baja cost of living little money. We have Fixed water bill 120 pesos a month, Property tax under 20.00 Dollars a year. Also no building permits needed on homes built.

Many areas do require building permits or used to. Fines are hefty for not getting one and you have no basis for capital gains tax (bottom line deduction) when you sell. Of course there always are those that don't follow the law regardless of what they are.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 11:24 AM

This is funny.
I actually went to the Delgado I think and asked the man there about it.
He seemed amused that anyone would ask.
When I mentioned it to neighbor he got angry at me and said I would pee everyone off if I got a permit.
None of them has a permit and they don't want the attention.

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 11:31 AM

This is funny.
I actually went to the Delgado I think and asked the man there about it.
He seemed amused that anyone would ask.
When I mentioned it to neighbor he got angry at me and said I would pee everyone off if I got a permit.
None of them has a permit and they don't want the attention.

You got to go along to get along.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 12:36 PM

Building permits for the Municipality of Ensenada are issued by Catastro - Urban Development. Before permits are issued, you will need plans certified by an engineer/architect and may need a lot survey, clearance letters from the water department, street department and/or other government/private organizations.

If you are going to do it, do it correctly/legally

[Edited on 3-29-2018 by bajaguy]
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 02:57 PM

I am on the mainland, and I returned to the states this year via Baja ferry. Great trip but I did notice that hotels were about twice as much as mainland hotels and restaurant prices about 3 times more than mainland restaurants...My conclusion is since everything must be either trucked or shipped to this beautiful peninsula it costs more so if you are on a low end budget you can do much better on Mainland than Baja....

I hear the whales song
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
And for the recond...

Many areas do require building permits or used to. Fines are hefty for not getting one and you have no basis for capital gains tax (bottom line deduction) when you sell. Of course there always are those that don't follow the law regardless of what they are.
Poor guy writes knows nothing. My Town no building permits not one . Last Mayor here 5 years ago did try to impose fee of $200.00 Dollars . On every home here since none have a permit. He lasted 1 week not: seen again ture story. All homes here sold for cash no one cares about Cap gains.:)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.