Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mx5 work & update
AKgringo
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-28-2018 at 12:01 PM

The reason for paving the south end of hwy 5 first, might be as simple as proximity to the batch plant they set up for this project, and production capacity. But that is just a guess!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
rts551
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-28-2018 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The reason for paving the south end of hwy 5 first, might be as simple as proximity to the batch plant they set up for this project, and production capacity. But that is just a guess!

Last year there was a batch plant set up on the north end as well. You can see the remnants of it.

David...The North side is no longer ready for pavement. too long a time with too many cars going around the barriers. The road bed will have to be rebuilt.

Some people are trying to drive on the pavement jumping off the embankment at the last minute, some places showing erosion already.

At this rate it will never get finished.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: im good

[*] posted on 6-28-2018 at 06:41 PM

you mean this isn't going to be AMLO's top priority??:o
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-28-2018 at 08:34 PM

Sad to see how it was really prepped 18 months ago out of Gonzaga and now apparently will have to be re-done.
Still a mystery to me why they don't blacktop as they go.
Lots of effort to just do over again.
And, sure would be easier for the workers and the equipment to access the job site on pavement and not on rocks.

Just an unofficial look at the terrain and status, I would think that if they pushed hard that they could pave from both ends to a stretch no more than a couple miles in the middle. Apparently that makes too much sense....
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 02:58 PM

Well Ill be heading rt though there tomorrow , I hope my Subi does ok

im sure It will be ok, I went by 3yrs ago and did ok.

READY SET.....................
rts551
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:26 PM

The road is showing a lot of wear. Blacktop still not open as of yesterday. Barriers knocked down on the new roadbed to the east of pavement so won't be long for that to be ruined as well. New government installed in December...don't know whether that will help or not.
rts551
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:28 PM

Wondering what happened? The original contractor had all new equipment and hundreds of people working. Was stopped because the cactus were not being protected. Subsequent contractors were slow (at least three that I know of). In Mexico there are not many multi-year contracts.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright � 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.