Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Launching at Puerto Escondido
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 03:09 PM
Launching at Puerto Escondido

Still can't call it Pto. Loreto.

Anyway, has anyone launched out of there recently (in the last month)?

What is the procedure? Any charges for launching? For parking? For mooring?

Are there restrooms there yet? Any charges for that? :moon:

Is the Pemex complete?

First person observations only, please........
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 04:46 PM

Hook

I launched there day before yesterday, and do so often. There is a $10 charge to launch and park, if you get there early just go ahead and launch. they will get there fee when you return. The Pemex is not open yet and there are no restrooms at this time.

Im not sure on the mooring charge, but I have heard they increased the fee there are just a few inside, but dozens moored in the waiting room.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 06:28 PM
Thanks, Dan-o

On the moorings, I had heard that the company in charge was rethinking their fees and that a rep from Fonatur thought that their fees are too high. Got this off the HPYC website.

Thanks, again.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 09:56 PM

Hola Capitan!! I was down there late Jan, and as I remember it was 50 pesos a day to park, and other fees were according to how big is your boat, how long you want to stay, how much ypu want to bribe the port captain etc. I know there is alot of info on this, and I`m not too helpful here, but there did seem to be some form of protest going on with most boats in the waiting room. And I concur-- no bathrooms and gas!!
Hey when are you going??????
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2005 at 11:25 PM
Just beating the bushes.....

...for info. Loreto is not in my plans this year. BOLA and SLC.

So, it would appear that they are NOT charging for staying in the waiting room? Were the waiting room boats actually on moorings or were they at anchor?

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 11:49 AM
Sallysouth

Can you clarify who or what you are referring to?
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 12:29 PM

Thanks Hook,

I thought it was just me that was lost by Sallys post.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:27 PM
Ah, well let me clarify.....

......a first person observation is first hand knowledge, not what you had heard or "...let me link you to this website" that doesnt really answer the question.

And, I didnt say I had no interest, I said I wouldn't be going there this year.

If I had no interest, well, I guess I wouldn't have posed the question.

Knowledge for knowledge sake is also a reason to seek out information. But, in this case, I am asking on behalf of many other boaters headed to Mexico. Some of them are not on this board.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 3-5-2005 at 02:41 PM
Ok!

Sorry about my reply earlier guys.I should know better than to get on the board when I am P.O.ed. Thanks for setting me straight in a nice way Hook!
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 03:02 PM
No problem, Sally.

You are right about typing when your not in the best frame of mind. I do it too much, usually when I am cruising a political site. Muy malo!

Aren't you Juanita's or Ty's mom? I spoke for a while with Juanita at the Fred Hall show about the situation there in Escondido/Loreto and the motivations for the move south. Very interesting.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 3-10-2005 at 09:30 AM
Hola Hook

I am (proudly!) Juanitas Mom. I was at home bb-sitting her baby while you were at Fred Hall. Definatly some major changes down south and a lot of "smoke and mirrors" at L.B.! I wouldn't want to be one of those whom invested in it! Did she give you an accurate update on the ramp at P.E.?

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Sallysouth]
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2005 at 03:26 PM
Not on the ramp...

...I assumed that the postings here were pretty accurate, i.e., about $10US to launch and park for the day ORRRRR the vendor/COP can be bribed for longer stays. Sounds like Mexico to me.

I was more interested in the on-the-water Pemex and it's state of limbo. Apparently, there is a problem with the environment impact report for it. Maybe lack of an EIR is more accurate.

Who knows when it will open? Actually, I do...........................MANANA!:tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.