Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Real Estate attorney suggestions
NickRod

Mood: Work less, play more

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 12:56 AM
Real Estate attorney suggestions

So we are in escrow on an East Cape property, things are going smoothly so far. The seller is offering financing and I'm wondering if you guys could recommend a good real estate attorney that can guide us through the promissory note wording so that we are protected. We have an attorney connected w/ the realtor, but would like one more set of eyes on it. Cheers, and thanks in advance.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 01:41 AM

hola NickRod,

as you are in the east cape, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MY ACCOUNTANT IN LOS BARRILES THAT IS USED BY QUITE A FEW PEOPLE IN LOS BARRILES AND IS VERY HONEST AND ENGLISH SPEAKING AND VERY EFFICIENT. ( SORRY ABOUT CAPS )

i believe she is now the mayor of los barriles for a couple of years or so.

FRANCIS OLACHEA 624 – 141 – 0652 & 624 – 355 – 4968

it is probably highly recommended to use the services of a notario ( notary public ) which has a higher rating than an attorney. the one i used is in san jose del cabo to do my corporation. took quite a bit of time as it was done over the christmas/new year holidays and everything either closes or works at a snails pace. sorry but i can't access the info on my flash drive. if you decide to use a notario, ask francis.

there is an escrow company in los barriles that you may want to give a try. also, you may want to ask around at the real estate offices and perhaps one can help you. homes and land seems to do quite a bit of business and seems to be reputable. ask for the owner.

good luck,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 06:53 AM

Beware if a ladys name Linda Neil pops up out of La Paz. :fire:
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 08:48 AM

Linda Neil, LuLu Jacobsen, (remember her), CanMexAm...... Aguas!
jedge42
Junior Nomad

Mood: Light and variable

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 08:49 AM

Gisela Talamantes Saenz at Baja Legal Solutions, in Los Barriles (behind Caleb's Cafe, near El Viejo and Plum Loco, et al. on 20 de Noviembre)

http://bajalegals.com/

she is very knowledgeable and helpful ...

jake
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 08:17 PM

jedge 42, I will second Gisela Talamantes. Real Estate law is what she does and very knowledgeable, very well connected as well. :yes:
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 06:20 AM

Do your homework and ask around as you have been. It's crucial you get this part right with the correct Notary watching your back.

Interview them and ask them the steps of the paperwork, signatures, taxes paid by seller, monies paid, etc. One will emerge above the others.
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 10:56 AM
Reality lawyer

Gisela Talamantes Saenz did save my friend from a shifty developer when it came to signing a shady contract.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 11:42 AM
Reality lawyer?

Yes, I can see how reality would be important in realty matters!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
NickRod

Mood: Work less, play more

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 02:39 PM

Thank you guys so much, going to make some calls tomorrow and will check back in. Cheers
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2018 at 10:31 AM

I remember Lulu Jacobsen! From a distance thankfully. What a shyster...I knew someone who spent a lot of money just trying to pay her back her just deserts. Tio
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 10:09 PM

Attorney Jose Gaytan in La Paz has helped us with a couple of transactions and is awesome. Let me know if you want his info and I will email to you.
mirko
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2018 at 03:20 PM

I met one of Gaytan's attorneys in La Paz last week. They seem very competent and it's all they do. Very approachable.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.