Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Road from Hwy 1 to Bahia San Nicholas
Sparetimewanted
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2018 at 10:06 PM
Road from Hwy 1 to Bahia San Nicholas

Anyone been on the road lately? Looks like about 15 miles from the turnoff to the bay on google earth. Two wheel drive ok? How much time should I allow? Gracias amigos
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 08:34 AM

Drove it over Xmas/New Years, two wheel drive is fine, high clearance might help in some places but nothing serious. 40 minutes would be my best guess.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 09:51 AM

Drove it in 2017. Well graded dirt highway for 10.4 miles over the coastal mountain to the village. Very scenic. 2WD easy. Paved vados and highway signs are included.

The junction with Highway One is at Km. 62 (at Rancho Rosarito), just off the bottom of the map.

[Edited on 4-18-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 12:38 PM

Here's a little diamond in the rough (I hope)... Years ago the mujer at the rancho on the east side of Hwy 1 where the San Nicolas road turn-off is would sell home-made goat cheese (queso de chiva) that was to die for. Usually I'd have to order and pick it up the next day... i'd save it for a trip to Loreto and back to Concepcion. Dunno if the same couple are still there, but anyone headed out that-a-way would be well-rewarded if they still make it.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chippy
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 01:08 PM

I was out there last Nov. Road was fast and easy in any vehicle. Not that great of a beach though.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 02:13 PM

Was always kind of a trashy place...Had some good clamming..the big ones...second Buddha on the cheese...bet that place is long gone...We found a dead guy on the ridge road that runs/ran up toward San Sebastian.....sorta buried in a rock pile....

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 07:11 PM

Cheese gal with all the goats was still there last year. She made us a bunch of cheese. It was excellent.
Sparetimewanted
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2018 at 09:21 PM

Great info as usual. thanks Nomads!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 09:14 PM

Big cactus on that road.........

Big Cactus.jpg - 45kB

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.