Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fish Albondigas Soup
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 06:04 PM
Fish Albondigas Soup

I made fish albondigas soup today... it was very delicious. Below is a link to the site where I swiped the recipe. If you have a good recipe, please share. Thanks...

http://www.chileandsalt.com/albondigas-de-pescado-fish-meatb...
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 07:37 PM

Looks good, I'll give it a try this coming weekend.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2018 at 09:40 PM

To make a good fish soup your need to make a stock with fish heads and bones
or use some clam broth. Roast your peppers and add to the broth . I like to use cooked rice in the fish balls . And please tell me where I can find $3.00 grouper filets.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 04:18 PM

One of my neighbors always brings me albondigas after I bring them calico or sculpin filets.
It is made with chicken broth. It does not taste fishy. I think that is the point.
You use fish to make a meal that does not taste like fish.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  
One of my neighbors always brings me albondigas after I bring them calico or sculpin filets.
It is made with chicken broth. It does not taste fishy. I think that is the point.
You use fish to make a meal that does not taste like fish. [/rquot

I disagree I like the taste of fish, smoked mackrel, yellowtail, the oily fish have the best flavor! Much better than a fresh water or light white fish. I want my fish to taste like fish.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 08:49 PM

If the only thing you had to eat was fish or seafood you would feel different. Try eating yellowtail every day for a few years, and get back to me.
Daventec
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 08:28 AM

Looks delicious. Will try it out one of these days.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 11:40 AM

"albondigas" = "meatballs"

Living close to Mexican fishermen all winter, I was introduced to Albondigas soup for the first time....the local fisher-families were clearly tired of lobster, and seemed to prefer beef and chicken over seafood much of the time (also true for BC fishermen, it seems).

Chicken bouillon granules are also a basic ingredient for many Mexican dishes, including beef, pork, and chicken....and I noticed that oyster sauce was also a frequent ingredient (no fish sauce..."yet").

Don't believe everything you think....
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 12:14 PM

that looks delicious! I do have to agree with Brian i'd opt for a stronger flavored fish, different strokes is all ;)
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 04:58 PM

Tito's tacos in Tijuana and Ensenada have fish consomme soup on their menu and it is vary good.

The fish, shrimp & marlin tacos are quite good, BIG and a cheap price....

Thanks for the recipe , I'll have to make some soon.....

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 08:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  
If the only thing you had to eat was fish or seafood you would feel different. Try eating yellowtail every day for a few years, and get back to me.

As a guy currently plowing his way through 60lbs of yellowtail meat, i can agree!

made a Caldo de pescado tonight, came out pretty damn good and used up alot of fish!

pretty simple recipe, i 1/2nd the amount of water she added and instead of shrimp boullion i sacrificed a few shell-on shrimp for flavoring early on, then added more shrimp right before it was done for actual eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ByYtKjWi0

[Edited on 5-3-2019 by defrag4]

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.