That is one helluvacast!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 08:29 AM

THAT just ain't playin fair .....

Pretty soon they'll have a drone to go out and catch, fillet , ice em, bring them home to you while you sit on your fat ass watching it all happen on your smartphone.

Won't that be nice ?

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 01:45 PM

Its illegal in cali.

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 02:26 PM

It's also illegal in Oregon, which I think is good. Keep it difficult, so the fish population has a chance to rebound.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 07:30 PM

I didn't see it catch a fish.
I was already thinking about it.
I've seen guys use remote control model boats to get way out.

[Edited on 4-20-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2018 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
https://youtu.be/370yLEr-5uM

Welcome to 2015.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 05:17 AM

I love that! But what I wonder is this: While using the remote to retrieve the drone after casting, what do you do when a fish takes off with your lure? Which do you pick, the drone or the fish?????????
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 07:24 AM

Now somehow that just doesn't seem quite fair. Really takes a lot of the sport out of surf fishing IMHO...

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 07:39 AM

Exactly my thought also !

It won't be long before someone, has on the market, a drone equipped with a 12 gauge for hunting deer , wild boar and such...

Or here's a thought , a drone flying along with the geese and ducks to take them down in flight !

While the hunter stays all warm and toasty in his duck bling sipping on a warm toddy...

Truthfully , there have been times while smudging around through the reeds, knee high in pond mud , cold as Hell , that doesn't sound half bad ?

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 08:12 AM

I'm old school, stupid drone cant help me catch fish:lol:

fly1.jpg - 8kB

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 08:56 AM

Drone fishing is not new. Been going on for a few years now.
If I was stuck on shore and wanted my baits further out... why not?

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 09:04 AM

It isn't just about a "fish" .. for some
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 09:31 AM

Then there's this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PX74gr9RM

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Then there's this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PX74gr9RM

That was cool. I wonder what the bait looks like when it hits the water.
bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:14 AM

Ok not hating on anyone and I’m an avid fisherman both from beach and boat of which I own several. I just want to throw out a point of view on this and have a conversation cause I think it’s interesting and like to get other opinions even if they are not in line with my own.

So let me get this straight. You fisherman that spend tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars on the best boats and sophisticated electronics, not to mention rods, reels, lures and bait so that you can get miles, tens of miles, even hundreds of miles out to get to the fish are scoffing at this drone thing? C’mon kind of the pot calling the kettle black isn’t it? The drone isn’t fishing for the angler it’s simply delivering the bait to the anglers desired location. What’s the difference between that and someone launching their boat so they can get their bait in the desired location? Sometimes drones are used for spotting fish, birds, kelp paddies, etc. as well. How does that differ from fish finders, bird spotting radar and underwater cameras that are commonplace in fishing today?

How about kite fishing? It’s perfectly legal and has been in practice for decades and nobody scoffs at that. Some guys even lug a helium tank on the boat to attach balloons to the kite to make it fly better before they use it to get their bait to the desired location. See what I’m getting at here?

Also I believe you are both incorrect about the legality of using a kite, drone or RC boat for fishing. If you look closely at the regs I believe you will find that just like your boat these mechanical devices are legal with some conditions. The must be closely monitored by the angler and they may not aid in the retrieval or capture of a fish but they may be used to present/deliver your bait to a desired location as long as it is not connected to the line once a fish takes the bait/lure. In the case of a drone the operator must comply with all local, state and federal conditions of operation. Beyond that as far as I can tell drone fishing is perfectly legal and ethical.

Let’s have a discussion. I’m ready for someone to convince me that drone fishing is wrong but before you do I’d like you to think if you personally use spinning or conventional gear and you have ever phad a fly fisherman look down upon you because the method you chose for fishing wasn’t as pure as theirs and therefore wasn’t acceptable. How about a spear fisherman looking down on a rod and reel guy because they don’t get in the water and go “Mano a Mano” with the fish. Being an avid freshwater and saltwater fly, spin and conventional angler from shore and boat as well as a spear fisherman I can tell you that it happens all the time.

Sooooo, just because you don’t do it or haven’t try it does that make it wrong, unethical or immoral?

Ok, I got the popcorn ready, let’s go but please play nice boys and girls :)

bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:29 AM

BTW, I do not own or use a drone for fishing but after a few days last week of standing waist deep in cold water off the coast of northern Baja so I could cast far enough to get to the fish I’m thinking about getting one, lol.

Surf perch fishing was pretty good but no corvina or halibut for me.

Also in response to the question of what to do if the fish takes your bait right away....do you catch the fish or fly the drone. The drones have a built in gps and they know what coordinates they launched from. With the push of a button they autonomously return to the exact location they took off from. From shore would work perfect. From a moving boat would require operater assistance as the coordinates would change.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:31 AM

To each their own. But just how far will it go? As in the examples I have previously given ...

Would you say sitting back and having a drone shoot down ducks and geese in flight while the "hunter' errrr "game player" watches on a monitor ?

I see what your saying and all good points , it's where you draw your own line in the sand....

Bottom line is that a lot of these new methods simply take the "sport" out of the equation and for many that is where the fun lay's .......

bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for that well spoken reply and likewise points well made and taken.

No I wouldn’t think shooting ducks with a drone would be much sport but might be fun, haha.

The most successful hunters I know use game cameras all the time. Very high tech but commonplace in hunting today. What’s your take on that technology?

Again not bashing, just like a good conversation.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 11:48 AM

Well, I'm old school and as such don't like all this new technology stuff.

Case in point, when the Whale and tuna boats started using spotter planes it effectively is causing a diminished fish-stocks.. I do realize that's a business and they NEED to be most cost effective though .

But with sport fishers and hunters , I feel it's just wrong.

Look at what they are calling themselves " sport "- whatever's
with all this new tech it takes a lot of the sport out of the equation. Don't cha think ????

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.