BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Something, some will never get.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2018 at 09:56 PM

Count me in. Lemoore, CA

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 06:23 AM

They even kept this place secret for a awhile. I know guys that have surfed this place, they say it is insane, after you figure it out.

While there are no secrets anymore some of us wish the changes in Baja would slow down. Be it fishing, surfing, riding, and exploring.
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 07:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
As said, it is not just surf spots that we can get possessive over....may of us enjoy the spots less traveled far from the madding crowds.

Humans are a virus on this blue planet....spreading and leaving their toxic slime trail like garden slugs...

Enjoy it unobtrusively while you can with the smallest slime trail left behind.

good comment
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 09:12 AM

WSL Founders Cup of Surfing day one at the pond....watch it live!

http://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/321467/wsl-founders-cup...
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 10:13 AM

When the "pond" has a price special and San O is about to go off, what is modern surfer to do???

Use the CA state rope tow and line up in the shark net zone @ San Onofre or jump in the pond??

Having Lowers to myself and a friend when Nixon was there in 72; PRICELESS:bounce:

Es Todo Bueno
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 10:21 AM

:lol: nomad trituradora's
Sparetimewanted
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 01:02 PM

I totally get this. I remember discovering how great kayak fishing was off La Jolla 25 years ago. Only a few did it. Then came the guys with big egos, and the internet. A few guys started posting, and soon it went from 5 guys out on a good weekend, to 50 guys out every Sat and Sun. Still good fishing, but not the same with the large number of people. Like Baja, it would have been discovered eventually, but the posters expedited the process. I can't get mad at them, just frustrated.

I am glad I got to enjoy Baja from the 70-'s through out my life, but always worry about what it will be in 25 years. Hopefully not another Cabo throughout the Sea.

I remember a neighbor of mine telling me in 1971, that he was done going to Loreto on his annual fishing trip because it was fished out! Sheesh. Must have been great then. Hopefully the Mex Govt will figure a way to keep it great and have jobs for the locals at the same time, but keep tourism in just a few big areas. On a recent kayak trip from Mulege to Loreto saw about two miles of gill nets. I reported it to Fonatur and they said it is legal if the fisherman have permit. Not much left on those reefs except smaller triggerfish. They can never take away the beauty or the sunrises!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LukeJobbins  
If you don’t share your most fun experiences with people it isn’t as fun. If you do share it will see crowds.

It's all in the post #1. Share without giving out the location.

If that additional fun of "sharing" with potentially millions of people that you don't know and likely don't want to know, - if this is really necessary for someone's emotional health, - then share. But don't give out the location, including details on the background that might identify the place.

There is a slang term "crowing", eh? :)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 02:24 PM

It doesn't really matter if you share or not, as long as the location is difficult to get to (requires four-wheel-drive), or in Mexico, it will remain mostly vacant of surfing people.

The combination of being in Mexico, and bad roads to get to, has kept much of the Seven Sisters region the same for decades.

The paved road to Santa Rosalillita and the well-graded dirt highway that goes from there north to Punta Cono is the real enemy of human isolation, not photos, maps, or road guides. The region has been mapped and road logged since the 1950s and that has not brought crowds in. Plus, the surf there is seasonal. So, is it really so terrible that you might find another four wheeling surfer on the same beach that one weekend you are there?

I only wonder why it was okay for you to learn about the place but nobody else? Seriously, worry about road graders and highway builders and not Internet photo posts. The border will always be the biggest filter and the bad roads the final filter. If they get past those two hurdles, offer them a beer if they show up on "your" beach, you just may become good friends!
:light::biggrin:;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 03:48 PM

We rode the entire length of the Seven Sisters last March and didn't see a single Gringo.

Ppl itt saying Baja is gone are out of their minds. Stop exaggerating the past.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 04:03 PM

Since 1987 I've ridden MCs and driven 4x4s along that section many many times and I have never seen anyone surfing that I can remember. However I was not really looking for any surfers.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
We rode the entire length of the Seven Sisters last March and didn't see a single Gringo.

Things have changed.
Dweebs posting stupid drone videos of their vacation are part of the change.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Would say, "can't wait for you to grow up".... but I don't have enough time i'm afraid.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

[/rquote]

Would say, "can't wait for you to grow up".... but I don't have enough time i'm afraid.

Grow young. It will help your soul and you'll be less cranky and won't fart as often.

[Edited on 5-5-2018 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
:lol: nomad trituradora's

lol...perfect waves, amazing athletes, boring contest! every ride scored a 10!
now put together a contest with nomads only...now you have something! dust off the Ole's and Wardy's up in the garage rafters, put on the farmer john and show these youngsters how its done!;)
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 07:56 PM

When your young your mind is broad and your hips are narrow,

When most people get old, it reverses.....

JZ, outstanding photo. !

Goat , one great reply !:bounce:

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 09:06 PM

This isn't about a specific place. Your empty place that you ride in August, will be a full of campers in the winter. Go to another point in the summer and everybody is waiting for the south, empty in the winter.
20 years ago there were single tracks from TJ to Ensenada, how many now?

Fishing Ensenada to Castro's was great, now what is it? Is it like it was?

Going to PT. Canoas was a trip most wouldn't take, the road was F'ed, now not so much.
Every time a truck or car drives a double tract it gets better, pretty soon it is a road. Some will NEXER GET THAT...

I get it BAJA IS CHANGING, some of us wish it would slow down. I also wish that those don't have any skin in the game would not promote places they don't know, they just drove past.

Like I said before "if Beggars could ride."

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 09:10 PM

Goat. I believe that you are a self indulging, ileitis, that believes that others care or give a hoot about what you think. I hope you a nice day:)

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 09:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
This isn't about a specific place. Your empty place that you ride in August, will be a full of campers in the winter. Go to another point in the summer and everybody is waiting for the south, empty in the winter.
20 years ago there were single tracks from TJ to Ensenada, how many now?

Fishing Ensenada to Castro's was great, now what is it? Is it like it was?

Going to PT. Canoas was a trip most wouldn't take, the road was F'ed, now not so much.
Every time a truck or car drives a double tract it gets better, pretty soon it is a road. Some will NEXER GET THAT...

I get it BAJA IS CHANGING, some of us wish it would slow down. I also wish that those don't have any skin in the game would not promote places they don't know, they just drove past.

Like I said before "if Beggars could ride."

I'm sorry you weren't the last one to find Baja.

50 years from now there will still be plenty to explore.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 10:30 PM

JZ,
Buy some real riding gear....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.