Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Assistance for a foreigner in La Paz
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 03:51 AM

There is at least 1 ozone therapy Dr. in La Paz. I went to him last year.
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

Mood: Bring it on!

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 09:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
It is like in politics - the "candidate" has to be likable - Getting help has become an art.

4x4abc is totally right - it's an art to make a proper page, I still work on it. It's nothing I ever did before.....
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Guten tag herr Hubschraubear ,

Rice and beans ? Oh Man that's brutal .... I'm sure there is no beer budget and for a German that's sacrilege .....

So with that in mind, I am willing to donate again with the condition that it is spent solamente para a good meal and some beer .. ( not necessarily in that order )

Do we have a deal ?

Indeed - actually it's more like "What is beer?" Absolutely no budget for such luxury items, you right.
Sra. Ingeborg, herself German, knows of the importance and supplies with her bi-weekly - as we named it - "social packages" a bottle here and now.
Unfortunately they have the tendency to evaporate almost instant.....:lol:
There are probably some people here that know her, she's like 35+ years in La Paz and since 1958 in Mexico, he husband Wolf died about 10 years back.
Every 2 weeks she sits in her 5speed standard VW Golf, 84 years old, goes shopping and bring me a few bags of groceries and some tasty remarks that always put me back in place when I'm down.... She knows me since I came to town 2003. I did often operate out of their place (2 lots from Cantamar the place with the high roof and it's own boat ramp - for sale in case somebody is interested, incl. 50 meters of water lease - sorry for the plug) in Pichilingue as long as I was diving.
Francisco, the veterinarian also drops here and there (1-2 times a month) a Ballena and, if he has the time, has one with me.
So I gladly take your offer. It's on our list - a pizza and a beer. That will be like xmas and birthday at one day.
And I do not want to forget Maria, I'm not suffering alone here, she to has her life minimized because if the fallout.
So whatever happen the last week here is to us already a miracle! Beer is not on top of our priorities but it's a nice thought.....
I can not say thank you enough!

[Edited on 8-5-2018 by Hubschraubear]
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I think the problem of no one donating may be that no one on here knows him. When first posted I was waiting for Harald or Karl to comment especially since both are German and may have known him.

I hope he gets better and that more donations come in.

To comment on some of the remarks - I understand. I was living a fairly secluded life in the past.
Until the pulmonary embolism I was diving, doing tours or giving classes, it was for weeks at the time Padi OWD course start Monday and certification is Saturday. I been around people everyday so there was no appetite to go out and socialize.
After embolism I had to change the way I make an income, did some only courses and had personal contacts to companies in Germany that helped me to get educated. It was a little bit a hobby before, Linux, Apache Servers, Android, writing code and it's what I do now in a certain field (mainly energy related and concerning online related security in that field and people that use it)
That whole switch in occupation also required a change in lifestyle as there was no work for me here in La Paz or all over Mexico and peeing on against established competition in USA nd Canada was not advisable. So I start working/freelancing for companies in Europe.
8 hour time difference - I worked basically 10:00PM to morning hours La Paz time.
Not much options to socialize also.
heck, Sr. Ortiz a neighbor here said he was not knowing I live here the first 2 or so years as it was always quit and nobody around during daytime.
So that might be the reason not many people know me.
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Obviously, I don't know anything about your German, Maria, but shouldn't he really go to Germany? If we got enough money for a ticket and he got stabilized enough to travel, is this something he would do?

Harald, are German's eligible for free medical care in Germnay?

@BajaBlanca - yes I would have any medical and social coverage when I'm in Germany. That is also what the German embassy in D.F. emphasizes when communicating with them.
However, there are several obstacles starting with the fact that I not supposed to fly for multiple reasons. In fact Volaris did refuse to carry to D.F. me after telling them about DVT conditions and increased embolism dnager.

It is a shame that my country, one of the richest on this planet does not do more for it's people.
They can take in over 1 million refugees (what by principal I support, in particular with our history to "select and deny") and provide for them but let their own folks suffer way below minimum life standard.
On the other hand I do understand. Until a few years back Social and medical full coverage was given for any German until there was "Florida Rolf"!!!
He ruined it for everybody!!!
You can Google Florida Rolf and find sufficient info, most properly in German - here is a New York Times report in English >>> https://r.sa-seo.com/FloridaRolf
After him and the uproar he created everything changed. Any social welfare or medical assistance - go back home to Germany and you get it.
Otherwise they will assist only if/when:
You have a Mexican partner and have a child together
You are terminal ill and not transportable - I do not fall in that category.... hey, pending amputation to them is just like some scratch......
If you in prison

And finally Blanca, I got nobody over there, I was the last time longer as 10 years ago there and I did feel not really home.
I know if I leave here I will most likely not return, be "parked" somewhere in Germany - if you over 50 and not established in life you an outcast - until I expire. In 2 month I'm 60 - I like to expire here. I still have some in me, I can and want to work, I have work offers.
I'm just in a hole it seem to be impossible to get out of and continue to progress
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
Hubschraubear

I don't know if you are interested but I have used ozone therapy to help many a patient keep their limbs as well as heal super fast.

While this device is not quite as potent as the one I used in my clinic it is still effective.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Ozonizador-Desinfecta-Deodoriza-Po...

I am willing to pay for and ship this unit to you if you are interested.

Do your homework on ozone therapy and U2U me if interested

If you have more pressing needs I am happy to make a monetary donation instead

Don't quit,
Anthony

@Anthony - no, I want quit - the last few days been a huge uplift for us!
It sounds funny but having new elastic bandages to wrap the leg, half a water melon and a large yogurt in the fridge, spaghetti with tomato sauce and cheese for diner, Telemex bill paid in time - hey, that's like paradise.
Sounds weird because this are all normal things but you want believe how fast it goes until you on the ground.
This situation is/was a life lesson I could not imagine before remotely.

In regards healing - despite all the other hardship we made it priority to get most possible to care for leg and the healing actually is doing fine so far.
The wound on top of foot is closed.
The one at side on calve may has open section size of 4, 5 quarter coins but clean. It looks like as in last pictures posted on the donation page, that was second last bandage change last week https://www.youcaring.com/SaveLeg halfway down the page update from 2nd of May
We treat as all the time - wash with antiseptic solution, spray with Microdacyn, use on edges violeta, cover with aluspray or if not possible as somewhat expensive use argemol sulfad creme, gaza, regular bandage and over that elastic bandage, we change that 2-3 times a week.

Maria does some "exercise" with my toes as I can not move them anymore as before as well I make a funky "V" now between my big toe and the next one. i could stick a cigar there..... weird, I guess some muscles or such got cut when the cut out the chunk on top of foot.

I have honestly zero clue on ozon treatment and how it would affect/help me. I gladly take on your offer if I know more and it helps me to progress and get back to normal, productive life.
I'll contact you in a day or 2 when I gained some knowledge
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2018 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vjfamily  
Seems likely that Maria needs some essentials also. I will send $20 bucks next week. Use as you think best,
Hugs, your Buena Vista sister, Joanna

@vjfamily - Maria is like an angel to me, we do not know that long, she stuck with me, come after shift to hospital and sit on plastic chair, went into debt, suffers with me now.
very special person to me.
I would not known how I made it from December 2016 until now without her.
She works in a larger hotel here in town, half the week she goes back home to her parents house taking care of her (not so responsible) sisters 2 kids, the rest she spends with me.
She could do much better as sticking with an old, sick phart like me.
I cherish her a lot
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 12:02 PM
Fund Raiser page redo

This is harder/more difficult to do as we thought.
Is that somewhat better for starters?
https://www.youcaring.com/SaveLeg
We not done yet and try to provide as much info as possible without making it a long bloob to read.
Also with the images - we know they are gross and graphical and may shy people away. We try to thing of a solution.
Any feedback is welcome
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 05:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hubschraubear  
We not done yet and try to provide as much info as possible without making it a long bloob to read.
Also with the images - we know they are gross and graphical and may shy people away. We try to thing of a solution.
Any feedback is welcome

You really really need to lose the photos of the leg. Maybe one healing shot...only

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 07:57 PM

I disagree. I think the photos of the leg show the severity.

Thanks for taking the time to answer us one by one.

Blanca and Les
Come visit us

http://www.labocanahotel.com
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
Quote: Originally posted by Hubschraubear  
Any feedback is welcome

You really really need to lose the photos of the leg. Maybe one healing shot...only

I work on it. I did not expect this is so difficult for me to write up. If I would write on paper I have a pile of scrambled paperballs with unused scripts. I ponder since 2 days on that. I be no good to write a book.....
I figured I may blur one image, 1 from lately showing progress and a link to gallery with "graphic images" warning & 1, 2 prior as I put one today with "normal" leg.
Thanks for feedback
4x4abc did remark right on that topic a few posts up
4x4abc
Super Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 09:00 PM

there are endless help pages on how to write a successful script for funding sites including picture selection. Google will show you everything you want to learn

Harald Pietschmann
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2018 at 09:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I disagree. I think the photos of the leg show the severity.

Thanks for taking the time to answer us one by one.

I try to find the golden middle to show the severity which lead, respective the fallout of it, to my bad situation and to avoid people be grossed out and move on fast just to avoid seeing it.

Hey, you took time to comment and ask, it's just courteous to respond and answer, no?
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
there are endless help pages on how to write a successful script for funding sites including picture selection. Google will show you everything you want to learn

@4x4abc If you give a Konditor a full set of tools required and point him to associated information he still would have difficulties to take a Model G SUV apart and put it back together.

Despite being an urgent issue I am in comparison that pastry chef in making that proper write-up. But I learn and make slow progress. Genuine thanks for encouragement!
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2018 at 08:48 AM
Images in Fundraiser changed

Are the picture used now more acceptable or still to graphic?
Please share your opinion.
https://goo.gl/ncR7H5
Paco Facullo
Senior Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-11-2018 at 09:11 AM

I like that you included a picture of yourself and one of you and your fiance .
It may be good to have one of you in a wheelchair , crutches or you struggling to walk ?

I would think the photos of you should be be up further in your photo sequence. Too many of the only the leg, people may not go far enough to see you.

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2018 at 07:22 AM
Danke Schön

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
I like that you included a picture of yourself and one of you and your fiance .
It may be good to have one of you in a wheelchair , crutches or you struggling to walk ?
I would think the photos of you should be be up further in your photo sequence. Too many of the only the leg, people may not go far enough to see you.

@Paco Facullo: I'll address your suggestion the next time I change. I'm getting there writing.

There was in general remarks of me/us being unknown as we life fairly secluded. The last generous donater, Sr. Karl Volger does know Sra. Ingeborg well, which is a reputable person, which again knows me for 15 years here in La Paz.

I also want to say one more time "Thank you" to all. Please don't think we intent to suck up here.
You just have no idea how much our lifes got demoted and under what poor conditions we do life.

And thanks to Harald Pietschmann (2x), Kurt Grife, Paco Facullo (2x), Tom Wimberly, Don Cancamo, Gary Lawton, Joanna Rinaldi, Sunni M., John Wheatley, Elgato Loco, Bajario P., Sharon Stewart, Karl Volger our life has improved a lot.
The past week was like all holidays at ones. Incredible.....

Danke Schön! Have a nice weekend, be safe!

vjfamily
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2018 at 12:06 PM

New photos are much appreciated, thanks for the updates. People up and down Baja are cheering for you.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 5-14-2018 at 01:19 PM

Some very generous donations including one for $1000.00!
vjfamily
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2018 at 06:41 AM

Must be time for more bandages, we made a donation. Happy healing!!
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright � 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.