Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Assistance for a foreigner in La Paz
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 10:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
We just got our elec bill so I presume Hubshraubear will be getting his any day now too.

I think that dealing with that bill separately from the donations makes it a quicker "get it done" project.

Blanca I no have the bill yet and doubt the will bring it today, no school, some people stay at home because of expected storm, I doubt CFE send their guys out to deliver the bills.
I will send you right away when I got it. Power and phone is my life-line and I seen last time when the cut how it is without.
And also thanks to you for your assistance and generosity
That counts for all here on this forum that did help. We by far not out of the hole but we have since a few weeks "breathing space", we eat "normal" and the stress level is so much reduced. I occasional even sleep 4, 5 hours a piece.
Indeed it's easier as it saves 2x taxi to and from CFE (or Oxxo or Supermarket)
I was surprised last week I go to hospital.
The pricing the last 1.5 years it went from 60,- peso to 100,- peso one way.
I wonder how this will all pan out after the elections, I see some major changes coming and goods and services pricing will take more hikes.
vjfamily
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 06:07 PM

Tomas, it is really easy to look up your CFE account on the CFE website. All you need is your account number. Check it out, comes in very handy when the paper bill is lost on the street.
I suggest patience regarding the compression socks . The socks are very difficult to put on your feet and legs. The skin on your foot and shin is “ new” and easily scratched or scrapped as the socks are pulled up.
Joanna
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 12:38 PM

There are gloves that help putting compression socks on. They grip the sock much better than your hands. I use them on my wife's compression socks.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 12:47 PM

To get the right size sock his leg and foot need to be measured for the right fit.
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:38 PM
Doctor inquiry

@4x4abc - Ingeborg did pass on your inquiry regarding my doctor. I send Dr. Mar Chavira a mail and put you on CC.
He replied already -"Con gusto lo revisaré" - the info to contact him is in email send.
Please check the inbox at email address you have in your profile.
I also seen you have 7-7-1948 listed as birthday.
That was yesterday so also to you: Happy delayed birthday - Alles Gute nachtraeglich zum Geburtstag!
You are 9 years 340some days ahead of me ;D
I understand you had a good time yesterday at Karl's gathering. Unfortunately was I not able to attend.
I'm far from moving around or standing for more as 20-30 minutes painfree.
As Clint Eastwood said in one of his Dirty Harry movies after he nailed some guy with a harpoon on a wall: "A man got to know his limitations"....
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:49 PM
Elastic sock

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
To get the right size sock his leg and foot need to be measured for the right fit.

I will consult the doctor about that - we try past week with the sock I have first time since the wound is closed now in full and that was not a wise try.
It set me back a little as the sock I have does not gave enough compression to control liquid to collect/remain in lower leg and related swelling what in turn stretched the skin badly and created pain.
We progressing getting back to prior conditions with tight elastic bandage wrapping and - unfortunately - lot's of bed-time and leg in elevated position.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 06:29 PM

Regarding the compression stockings, my return to Loreto has been delayed but someone is holding some men’s 30-40mm (?) ones for me, When I get home, by the end of the week, I’ll check them and let you know any more info...size, etc...so you can check with your doctor to see if they will work. I do know they are below the knee, though.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 08:49 AM
Thanks

@Rhintransit: We just received your donation. Thank you! M.& E.T.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 11:37 AM

I've used both a wrap and now the compression socks on my wife's legs to help remove water buildup. They fit from the knee down. When I got the socks the medical store sold me a pair of gloves to help fit the sock. They have a course rubber on the palm side that grips the sock to smooth it out etc. It says Medi on the glove and is made by Medi GmbH & Co. KG out of Germany.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 11:40 AM

How are the finances holding up?

Blanca and Les
Come visit us

http://www.labocanahotel.com
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 05:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I've used both a wrap and now the compression socks on my wife's legs to help remove water buildup. They fit from the knee down. When I got the socks the medical store sold me a pair of gloves to help fit the sock. They have a course rubber on the palm side that grips the sock to smooth it out etc. It says Medi on the glove and is made by Medi GmbH & Co. KG out of Germany.

As said the little set-back during the last week was related to the usage of an elastic sock. It just does not have sufficient compression and coverage of leg to work properly. In addition was the heat also counter-productive.
We will see what Dr. Mar Chavira has to say/suggest at next visit.
We went back to elastic bandages which we can apply to conditions of leg + I started taking Furosemida again (2x 80mg per day) and today, 8 days later I'm back where I was one week ago again.
Almost normal size and feeling almost ok.
When leg fills up with liquid it sure does hurt in particular at the new skin + the back-pressure does make one feel like 5 pound doo-doo in a 1 pound bag.
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 06:29 PM
Finances

How are the finances holding up?

As you can imagine Blanca it's tense or, as the saying goes - "it's not peaches and cream"
The donations been a huge help to got out of the worst conditions at the moment and we got little breathing room but the tension is building again.
It's not rice & beans 7x a week yet.
You paid CFE and 1 nomad, Karl, not only gave one large donation, but also pledged a monthly sum for 1 year that covers phone & basics on food and medical supplies.

I'm getting back to conditions where I can sit & work 8-10 hours a day, contract offers I do have sufficient.

The biggest hold-up is to find a rental now that is in area with fiber-optic service. TelMex downgraded the fraccionamiento I live for whatever reason about 2 month before I went into hospital.
The would not even inform me. I do have a business account - infinitum negocio - with them since 2008 that should give me guarantied 16MBps (and they charge for it) and I have anywhere between 4-7 MBps. Today I got 8MBps

I need at least 12MBps solid to take on a contract to be available and work as required.
I do work the last years doing server and network maintenance mainly in the energy sector as I became specialized in a certain application that measures flow of gas across a pipeline network.
One of the reason not many people here in La Paz know me.
I worked telecommuting in Europe since 2011, usual start 22:00hr here based on time difference.

I do not work for local companies anymore. Their pay culture is fubar!
If I could collect all the money owed to me here in La Paz (inclusive by the government of the state of Baja Californ Sur) I could move and pay of 1/2 our debt!
And I try, believe me, Profeco and all.

For companies in Europe I'm dirt-cheap and they love to give me work and pay reliable but I have to be also reliable and with current connection I can not claim that and make myself subject to contract fines.
So moving in some similar as now (we pay/owe 4000,- rent per month for a small home) in an area with fiber-optic coverage is a priority.
3 blocks from here they have it......
That's a little more as you asked for in reply, but hey, need to explain the circumstances
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 08:10 PM

I am sure you will find the perfect new home with speedy internet!

How satisfying it must be to finally work again.

Blanca and Les
Come visit us

http://www.labocanahotel.com
Hubschraubear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 11:49 AM

I am sure you will find the perfect new home with speedy internet!
How satisfying it must be to finally work again.

That's all I want, if I can work 8-10 month we are out of this misery and back to normal.
It's so frustrating to get contract offers and can not take them on.
So many folks look for work and find none, I get offers and can't take 'em....
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright � 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.