Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gonzaga Bay Update?
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 03:43 PM

The glory and alour of Gonzaga bay is a thing of the past and alfonsinas is now a tourist trap chit hole...don't go there. I was there last week and a whale shark swam by and was immediately mugged by 20 paddle boarder and swimmers, ski boats and jet skis everywhere (wtf). I will never go there again...the old Baja spirit has ben lost. Good luck Jauquin and Roman

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabum  
The glory and alour of Gonzaga bay is a thing of the past and alfonsinas is now a tourist trap chit hole...don't go there. I was there last week and a whale shark swam by and was immediately mugged by 20 paddle boarder and swimmers, ski boats and jet skis everywhere (wtf). I will never go there again...the old Baja spirit has ben lost. Good luck Jauquin and Roman

imagine when the road is done.......
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 04:10 PM

Good roads bring ALL kinds of people!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 07:25 PM

Yep, we just stop for a beer and move on now! Use to the best place to stay heading south and what a beach! Prices are crazy and they are adding more on every day, how long before all of the houses are bulldozed for condos?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabum  

Or in other words:

“Get off my grass!”
And
“I’m 70 years old and for the past 50 years the world has been going to hell in a hanbasket!”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 12:05 PM

Two weeks ago I was talking to a gringo resident in San Felipe -- he had lived here since the 80s and has never been south of town. Even worse, he has zero curiosity to find out. In his mind, San Felipe IS Baja.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 12:15 PM

A couple photos from December, 2003:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 12:37 PM

That is kinda funny. I have to admit when I lived in San Diego from 1978 to 1987 I never went south of Maneadero nor anywhere east. Just the strip along the Pacific coast to La Bufadora. Then in 1987 some friends and I went south to Colonet and the sand dunes at San Antonio del Mar. Saw some people pre-running the Baja 500 course and thus we got hooked on off road racing and the rest is history. By 1989 I had been up and down Baja and Baja Sur several times.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 10:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Yep, we just stop for a beer and move on now! Use to the best place to stay heading south and what a beach! Prices are crazy and they are adding more on every day, how long before all of the houses are bulldozed for condos?

im for it!:P...imagine a really nice resort there, picture Estero Beach there!
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2018 at 06:04 PM

I was at Final in March and they charged us $12 per night to camp on the beach south of the houses. It was nice and quiet.. the ban on motor toys was one of the reasons we went in , and we werent dissapointed.
Only amenity there is pit toilet. No palapas. Wind got strange and produced 1 to 2 ft rideable waves!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 07:42 AM

So the La Poma Restaurant is located at Campo Turistico (at km 134), which is north of Gonzaga and on the map, and there is camping on the beach.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
So the La Poma Restaurant is located at Campo Turistico (at km 134), which is north of Gonzaga and on the map, and there is camping on the beach.

From my TRIP REPORT #3 (March 2017):

Km. 133.5 is the road to La Poma, restaurant, camping palapas, lots for lease. Camping is $10 US and the owner will add the tarp to the frame when you arrive. Good idea to preserve the life of the tarps.

My lunch was great... halibut! With beer + tip, 300 pesos

I was at La Poma from 11:30-12:37 Sunday. The only customer.
The owner is the brother of the owner of Punta Bufeo, which has a small motel and landing strip for pilots... 2 kilometers south. They are related to Papa Fernandez, as well.
==================================================================
AREA MAPS:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.