Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Un-Freaking-believable treatment
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 09:23 AM
Un-Freaking-believable treatment

This Saturday SWMBO and I are attending Lechuza’s Spring Release Dinner. We made reservations a month ago for Friday night at Posada Inn next door but were having problems for Saturday as Posada was completely booked solid for that day. Last week we found an opening for Saturday at Fatima and booked that room. We checked again with Posada incase they had a cancelation so we would not have to move Saturday morning, but they were still full. However, they did mention there was a Villa on their property, under different management, that may be available and gave me their email. After contacting them it was available, so we booked the Villa and canceled the room at Fatima. Below is the confirming email for the Villa:

2018-05-18 10:33 GMT-07:00 Campestre Los Naranjos
Hola,

Done, is confirmed to you.

For the payment we ask you kindly to pay cash ($280 USD or $5,000 MXN) next Friday when you arrived to posada inn, I will try to be there, if not you can leave your payment at the front desk and i leave instructions to the guys there.

Thanks to you and will see us soon, cheers.

Yesterday, about 3:00 in the afternoon, I received this email:

Greetings,

Your reservation for the villa has been canceled;
the landlord needs it for that Weekend due to a personal affair.
I appreciate your understanding.
If you have any question please let us know.

A………. S……..
Phone number redacted

That’s it, no help in trying to find a replacement spot, just “you are out, tough”
I immediately called Fatima but you guessed it……booked solid for Saturday night. Long story short, we lucked out and picked up a cancelation at a B&B just north of Laja within walking distance of Lechuza.

The folks at Posada Inn I think are blameless in this, but if they offer to put you up in the Villa, I would pass on that.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 09:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Where is 'La Posada' Jim (ie. what part of Baja or near what town)?
Baja is a 1,000 miles of fun but we all go to different parts.

my guess: https://www.trivago.com/valle-de-guadalupe-638676/hotel/posa...

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 09:42 AM

He's talking about the Valle de Guadalupe area. Actually you're lucky you lost the room at Fatima, we stayed there a couple of months ago and it was an expensive dump. That whole area has skyrocketed in price due to the popularity of the "wine tasters". Better to go to Napa if you want to pay the prices they want.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 01:46 PM

That sucks. Maybe you will run into the owner and SWMBO can give it a piece of her mind. :saint:

I'm guessing the dinner and all will make up for it.

This year we have been to the Valle half a dozen times and every time we see evidence of more accommodations being added. Hopefully the prices will come down to reasonable. Not everyone can charge La Villa Del Valle rates. :o

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 02:46 PM

Yea, welcome to Mexico as my buddies who live here say.
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 03:09 PM

I heard the dinner is $200 per person!

We attended many of the valley wine events starting about eleven years ago. Every year all of the events went up about 25%. We stopped going and now spend our time and dollars at the central California coast wineries and fine restaurants in the area. Better wines and the scenery is a lot prettier too! Of course, this is just my opinion!
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 03:22 PM

I totally agree. I'm not a big wine lover but years ago when it was quaint and a bargain I was totally in for it. Now, money is better spent in Napa.

Quote: Originally posted by bigboy  

We attended many of the valley wine events starting about eleven years ago. Every year all of the events went up about 25%. We stopped going and now spend our time and dollars at the central California coast wineries and fine restaurants in the area. Better wines and the scenery is a lot prettier too! Of course, this is just my opinion!

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 03:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
I totally agree. I'm not a big wine lover but years ago when it was quaint and a bargain I was totally in for it. Now, money is better spent in Napa.

couldn't agree more.

Napa aint cheaper, and...

And if you live in san diego or baja, then valle de guadalupe is a day trip or short overnight, while napa or central cal coast is a long haul away

Valle de guadalupe is a great local getaway

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 03:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

couldn't agree more.

Napa aint cheaper, and...

And if you live in san diego or baja, then valle de guadalupe is a day trip or short overnight, while napa or central cal coast is a long haul away

Valle de guadalupe is a great local getaway

We stay in Ensenada and day trip la valle. Eazy peazy and cheap.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 03:58 PM

Well, kinda depends where you start don't it? Napa is pretty close to Santa Rosa....

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 04:00 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

That story just takes the cake in terms of rudeness.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 04:53 PM

First world problem....

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-24-2018 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
First world problem....

Really .....things could be worse...:rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2018 at 07:17 AM

We have stayed at Meson Del Vino in Valle de Guadalupe, price is between $70 and $110. The place is fine with clean rooms and we had a nice breakfast at The onsite restaurant.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-25-2018 at 08:36 AM

It isn't just the Valle that has sky high prices. Some of the rest of Ensenada is starting to catch up. Case in point:

A couple of nights ago I went to a friend's birthday party at a well-known restaurant in Ensenada (Sano's steak house). My wife and each ordered a salad, we shared a local Chardonnay and had 1/2 dozen oysters. The tab was well over $100.00 USD!

This is not the Mexico we used to know.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 5-25-2018 at 08:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
It isn't just the Valle that has sky high prices. Some of the rest of Ensenada is starting to catch up. Case in point:

A couple of nights ago I went to a friend's birthday party at a well-known restaurant in Ensenada (Sano's steak house). My wife and each ordered a salad, we shared a local Chardonnay and had 1/2 dozen oysters. The tab was well over $100.00 USD!

This is not the Mexico we used to know.

The Mexico I used to know is still there. While you're having oysters and drinking Chardonnay I'll be down the street at El Trailero having a Torta Al Pastor and a glass of Horchata!

[Edited on 5-27-2018 by KurtG]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.