Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Death while surfing
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2018 at 07:27 PM

Got my chit in order, so make it quick! People I care about know how I feel about them, same as the ones I don't like! Long slow death just doesn't look fun. Go fast while having fun sounds good to me...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-29-2018 at 09:54 PM
Going in Style

An older (60s) acquaintance in Baja (Ensenada) went out fishing one day and the deck crew later found him nodded over dead. We all heard the usual "died doing what he loved" nonsense, but I wondered if he'd rather have been back at the casa doing the teenage gal he'd shared his bed with.

OR, living to fish (and screw) another day-week-month-year ?

He certainly expected he might.

Having packed a lunch.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-30-2018 at 09:37 AM

Well, looks like your acquaintance had mucho mucho to live for....

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2018 at 07:56 AM

Hoctor:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-1-2018 at 01:20 PM

I want to go like Nelson Rockefeller. Look it up. ;D;D;D
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DavidT  

'Till Death Do Us Part

By Fred Hoctor
The following is an excerpt from the book Baja Haha which, although a popular book among many veteran Baja travelers, seems not to have yet been discovered by the latest aficionados of the peninsula.

The American retirement communities in Baja fairly burst with dingbats who march to different drummers.

Mr. Dimmick is one. He's a guy who always seems to be in some kind of difficulty.

Dimmick -- "The first name's Theophilus, but (self-conscious chuckle) you can call me Ted" -- is a tall, skinny, disaster-prone nebbish who always has a story about his latest Baja "troubles," usually told in a monotone with sad resigned eyes and along reflective pauses. He has taken to plastering his sparse strands of dyed-black hair down on his dome with some kind of goo, though I remember his when his follicles were more bountiful. This, combines with his excessive Adam's apple, his paucity of flesh and a certain rolling gait, gives him the appearance of a semi-bald Ichabod Crane.

Fred Hoctor

BTW, newly nominated to the CRAZY Ted club

Es Todo Bueno
Goyo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 06:02 PM

Surfline has an article about this. His name is Ryk Kluver and is from Cayucos. He sounds like a really great, interesting person. He was surfing at Cardon surf camp in Sinaloa north of Mazatlan.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 06:40 PM

Pappy posted about a death in central Baja.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 07:28 PM

Willard, u2u me an addy.

Or is that bad juju?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 07:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Willard, u2u me an addy.

Or is that bad juju?

I don't know....whats an addy?
Goyo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:19 PM

Good point David. I was thinking that Cardon was being confused. It's a popular point (no longer secret) in Central Baja and a popular surf camp on the Mainland. But perhaps there were two surfer deaths in Mexico last month, despite such being very coincidental.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:28 PM

Willard,

Email addy? Cmon mang, tis the 21st century!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 09:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Goyo  
Good point David. I was thinking that Cardon was being confused. It's a popular point (no longer secret) in Central Baja and a popular surf camp on the Mainland. But perhaps there were two surfer deaths in Mexico last month, despite such being very coincidental.

Yes, I thought the name may be what was confused. Pappy, can you confirm if it was the death was at El Cardon in Baja (Punta Diablo) or could it have been the mainland?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2018 at 08:05 AM

Right person wrong spot. My bad, sorry about that. When a mutual friend called to tell me what happened I was told “ he was in Mexico in the area you go to.” I asked if had any idea of spot he told me cardon.

I thought it strange it was at the Baja location given time of year. Now I know it was in mainland as stated which makes a lot more sense...
My bad...
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-11-2018 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pappy  
Right person wrong spot. My bad, sorry about that. When a mutual friend called to tell me what happened I was told “ he was in Mexico in the area you go to.” I asked if had any idea of spot he told me cardon.

I thought it strange it was at the Baja location given time of year. Now I know it was in mainland as stated which makes a lot more sense...
My bad...

Go sit in the corner.;)
SteveWil
Junior Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 6-11-2018 at 08:43 AM

Why is it so great to go when having fun, just one more of god's jokes. I want to go doing something I really hate so I do not have to complete it.
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2018 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SteveWil  
Why is it so great to go when having fun, just one more of god's jokes. I want to go doing something I really hate so I do not have to complete it.

:lol::lol: if there were any gods (not) they sure as hell would be lacking any sense of humor !
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2018 at 05:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
There's advantages and disadvantages to dying quick vs slow.

Quick, No suffering but you don't have time to get your affairs in order.

Slow death, you get the aforementioned affairs in order, you can say your good by's, you can finish up your bucket list, etc.....

Personally I would rather know it was coming ...

And you ?????

There's also a controlled quick death ala Anthony Bordaine.

So many choices ...
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.