Author: Subject: Murder in Bay of LA
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 08:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fatoldcapt  
From "BahiaDeLosangeles.Info" on facebook
Posted by Jeff Grant
The bad news is true. Ray Ball and Jo Butler were murdered in their home south of town while trying to stop the theft of their fishing boat. Their bodies were found inside their home, along with that of their pet dog, but a baseball bat was found outside the house indicating the couple was marched back into the house and murdered. This does not bode well for the town. Violence against Americans has been escalating in the last few years with little or no response from authorities. The town elders and governing officials MUST do something quickly to solve this crime or dire consequences will follow
Additional info: Reportedly didn't get the boat. Stuck in sand. Unreported how far south this was from town. Much speculation but few facts.

I want to thank Wooody, for finally providing a link to the alleged murder of two Americans, in the Bay of LA, and at this time, I still can't find the Mia Facebook page.

However, there are things that don't make sense in the Fat Captain, and Jeff Grant post above.

If the two victims were confronting the alleged boat thieves with a baseball bat outside in an attempt to stop them. It's kinda strange the two bodies of the victims were found inside the house, and the baseball bat was found outside the house.

You would think if the victims confronted the boat thieves outside and the thieves had weapons, they would have just pulled out their guns, and either shot the two outside of the house or just showed them their guns to make the two victims of theft back down, and just take the boat quietly.

Then at the end of the day the alleged boat thieves, didn't even get the boat.

Could there be something more to this story than just a possible boat theft?

And if was just a simple robbery attempt, it's never a good idea to confront the robbers, or try to fight them over low value material things that could easily be replaced.

[Edited on 6-3-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 09:13 AM

JJJ you are truly an azzhat.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 09:25 AM

I waited on posting this until early this morning. Although I had received reports coming from 2nd and 3rd hand sources yesterday, the stories all seemed to have conflicting information.

A few said that it occurred on their boat, others said it happened at their house and one early report even said that only one was killed and the other on their way to the hospital, barely hanging on. My contact at the MP here in San Quintin that has jurisdiction wouldn't confirm until this morning what happened and the names of Ray and Jo.

They are under a lot of pressure to catch their murderers and are investigating in a community where lately few seem willing to talk or go on the record about anything involving the growing crime problem in Bahia de Los Angeles, mostly related to crystal meth . It has taken a very heavy toll on that remote community and the good folks there who make up the majority of the town have fallen victims to it, in one way or another.

Tragic story that hits all too close to home for Cristina and I. By the grace of God our neighbors here in La Chorera responded quickly enough to save us both back in 2011 and also helped the authorities catch the three perps who attacked us and are still in prison. We were extremely lucky.

A very costly lesson that day, always best to just not intervene in such cases and put your personal safety first and foremost. Stuff can be replaced, no matter how dear to you and/or expensive.

My sincere condolences to Ray and Jo's family and friends as well as the entire Bahia de Los Angeles community, where I am told they were widely respected and much loved...

Ball Couple.jpg - 30kB

[Edited on 6-3-2018 by BajaGringo]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 09:58 AM

Well said, Ron. Thanks for that. To everyone else, nothing ever appears as it seems in the one dimensional web.

This is now the FOURTH murder in the pueblo that I'm aware of in the past year, all with no suspects in custody!

The narco wars half a decade ago damaged many in the pueblo. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself. Murder as a crime of passion can be looked at one way. Murder for profit is a scourge on all of us. If the authorities can't do their job to maintain order in the area then the Wild West will return to the benefit of none. Please make our voices (and hundreds more) heard at the meeting this week with the Delegado.

:saint: DEP Sr Ray y Sra Jo! :saint:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Well said, Ron. Thanks for that. To everyone else, nothing ever appears as it seems in the one dimensional web.

This is now the FOURTH murder in the pueblo that I'm aware of in the past year, all with no suspects in custody!

The narco wars half a decade ago damaged many in the pueblo. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself. Murder as a crime of passion can be looked at one way. Murder for profit is a scourge on all of us. If the authorities can't do their job to maintain order in the area then the Wild West will return to the benefit of none. Please make our voices (and hundreds more) heard at the meeting this week with the Delegado.

:saint: DEP Sr Ray y Sra Jo! :saint:

Meth and other drug addictions are root of most crime. There is no easy solution...
Of course, corruption in law enforcement compounds the drug problem.
What ya gonna do?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 11:54 AM

I didn't follow all 4. One was Chuck on the camp near military base (or was it 2017 fall, don't remember) - obviously was a personal conflict. Could you please recount the other 2 or 3?

Somebody mentioned flare gun - oh, please, people... 2 vehicles, probably 3-4 goons with guns. You hit one with a flare and will be dead next second, or even before that, if your react slower than them - very possible for 65-year old who hasn't been in shoot-outs recently.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:02 PM

I know a 71 year old who would have taken on those thugs unarmed.

John

[Edited on 6-3-2018 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I didn't follow all 4. One was Chuck on the camp near military base (or was it 2017 fall, don't remember) - obviously was a personal conflict. Could you please recount the other 2 or 3?

Somebody mentioned flare gun - oh, please, people... 2 vehicles, probably 3-4 goons with guns. You hit one with a flare and will be dead next second, or even before that, if your react slower than them - very possible for 65-year old who hasn't been in shoot-outs recently.

Fighting back against robbery is foolish. The risk of personal injury is great, especially against meth heads who are irrational. And it’s just stuff the robbers want, not worth getting injured or killed over replaceable stuff.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:12 PM
suggested motive for the murders

Once the couple had come out to defend their boat with a bat their fate was sealed.

The murderers knew the couple could recognize them if faced by authorities and had to kill them to have any chance of getting away with this. Basically, it's the same reason why rape victims are killed.

They were wonderful people. It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to harm them. But life is unfair.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:13 PM

Doug,
Please make our voices heard at the meeting this week. My partner just walked away and I don’t know where that leaves us. We invest in the good people of Bahia as much as we do our little campo. Every time someone is MURDERED the pueblo loses, both financially and as a community. Nothing good comes from continued violence if the guilty continually get away free.

Let’s hope sanity prevails!

fatoldcapt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:14 PM

Although my first post was sketchy I only posted what was there on Facebook. There is some posts on BDoutdoors (bloody decks fishing blog)

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/forum/baja-mexico-fishing-...

I have sent a brief post to the San Diego Union and LA Times. I have left a message at the US Consonant office at TJ. I have tried to get the word out about this so there might be some pressure to solve this horrible crime. My heart goes out to the families of the victims. So sorry.

See also: Bahiadelosangeles.info on facebook
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 12:31 PM

Incredible if this happened at 2pm in the afternoon?

Let's hope they catch this scum.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 01:05 PM

"Usually", a las 02:10 horas means 2.10 am. 24-hour time is common in Europe and Mexico.

[Edited on 6-3-2018 by Alm]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 01:05 PM

From the link of FatoldCapt:

" Just talked to Bill Boyce this morning who has a house just south of town. He told me Ray was one of his best friends for over 40 years.He had to notify the family about the deaths. He says all the high-ranking authorities are now involved including Kiko the governor. I hear they're launching a big investigation to apprehend the sons of b-tches. The bodies will be taken to sq for cremation then back to LA Bay to spread the ashes. Very sad situation. I'm guessing these are the same people who stole a boat in Gonzaga earlier this year and also one in La Bay they were both moored on buoys. My guess is they weren't from the mainland if they had cars to get away with. This has really brought a dark cloud over this pristine area. Need to catch these guys and have Justice served"

I just love links because it makes it so easy to see what OPs are talking about.

If true this sounds suspicious that the Baja Governor, is involved now!

So where is the autopsy? Although, it may be obvious the victim died from gunshots, a post-mortem examination, could turn up valuable information and could help lead the the killers.

Who gave permission to have the two Americans cremated and to have their ashes spread back at the LA Bay?

It's starting to sound like more of a hit than a random killing over a simple robbery.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 01:09 PM

JJJ..You are so full of Krap.....

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 01:11 PM
Hope ?

Once you're reduced to " ......... hoping that sanity prevails ........... ", things are pretty much beyond (reasonable) HOPE.

The comment on the confrontation was right on the money. NEVER take a bat to what might be a gunfight. NEVER confront Bad Guys unless you have the resources (physical and mental) to address ANY eventuality with a likelihood of success.

Countless times I have gone outside at night to check on suspicious noises or activity when my motion-detection lights have gone on. EACH time I have taken my .45 with me. More than once, my current (and previous) wife has asked if I think that I'll need it. "Probably not, but I'd hate to leave it behind and find out that I did".

That, of course, is in the U.S. An option not readily available in Baja. During my many years in Baja (32 in Percebu), I (most often) had a .380 or 9mm available as a LAST resort, but I knew well what the consequences would be and took care not to unnecessarily get myself into that situation.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 02:02 PM

"Reportedly didn't get the boat. Stuck in sand."

Should've consulted the tide charts. Amateurs - this actually worries me a lot.
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 02:20 PM

Maybe it's time for the residents there to get security cameras with DVR's. At least they'd have a chance of getting some video of the perp's.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 02:26 PM

Sad situation.

Making America Great Again
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2018 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
"Reportedly didn't get the boat. Stuck in sand."

Should've consulted the tide charts. Amateurs - this actually worries me a lot.

Or maybe the boat was on a trailer and the trailer got stuck in the sand.
Such a beautiful place, and now so tainted! Condolences to the victims families.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.