Author: Subject: Murder in Bay of LA
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 11:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
"I think he lifted Red Mercury's name."

what would he stand to gain?:?:

I think I will answer this question, than all those other crocodile tears, and fake outrage posts, about the death of two Americans, in BOlA. Of course, if you''re a family member, or dear friend, then of course I understand the sadness, but I also understand only about 100 ex-pats, live in the area, so most of you don't know these two victims.

Of course I would say the same thing, if there was the same type of outrage about the deaths/homicides in Chicago in the urban neighborhoods, but somehow I doubt the masses here care about the senseless deaths in places like Chicago.

If it's who I think, who is playing Red Mercury, playing characters is how he gets his fun, in addition to jumping in feeding frenzy threads like this that puts Mexico in a bad light in hopes it discourages Mexico tourism. This person, also doesn't like David K, or the real Red Mercury at all.

[Edited on 6-8-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 09:59 AM

Cultural values are contagious, corruption is contagious. The fact that the Nomad community values every life regardless of how close we are is a sign of our values. We seek to build our communities with these values in Baja however there are many forces that shape culture, including education, family values, societal values and respect for community rules or laws. Baja suffers from a long term lack of societal controls that support people equally whether rich or poor, so now we see the results, machine gun occurs often, high power gunfire, people go missing, politicians, police and military are indicted but rarely suffer consequences and common criminals suffer no consequences as well. Now we have a completely lawless region where kids with guns do the dirty work of larger gangs/cartels and there are no consequences. People go missing at the hands of the military or police and there are no consequences. It's one thing to hear about, or read about the next town. But when you see the sicarios arrive and gun down someone you know because they wouldn't do the work of cartels or you see the consequences such as this, an innocent, positive, contributing family to the community, gunned down for nothing other than the theft of sport equipment than it becomes quite clear, Baja has degenerated into a highly dangerous, lawless society on the brink of collapse or revolution due to corruption and it's based around lack of individual rights to protect yourself with arms and lack of rule of law. This is not going to change anytime soon and the changes that come will be hard fought with many more lost lives. It's a very sad story but one that will not change until Mexican people take pride in themselves as independent people who determine their future and no longer let corruption be the norm. Every person here on Nomads should be fighting for the resolution to this case, asking questions of politicians, police and marines as well pursue as any other clearly identified case of innocent victims.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 11:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

It's a very sad story but one that will not change until Mexican people take pride in themselves as independent people who determine their future and no longer let corruption be the norm.

Exactly!!

Things won't improve until the Mexican community unites with the expats and treat one another's deaths like their own.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 01:32 PM

That's a very arrogant post, considering you're looking down your nose at Mexico, from your lawn chair from a corrupt USA, or from behind the high walls of some Baja gated ex-pat complex while taking sips from a bottle of booze, while putting down so-called Mexican societal values.

It's no wonder some Mexicans hate gringos, and I surprise how tolerant most Mexicans are when they hear such snotty talk.

Give me a break, Gnukid, you make the Nomad community out to be "white saviors" of poor morally bankrupt, Mexicans, who lack all values, especially pride.

But I wonder Gunkid, if you personally would get off your high horse, and take on a Mexican cartel member with a AR-15, who wants your high horse?

I have a simpler explanation of Mexico/Mexican negative behavior exhibited by some Mexicans. It' has to do with poverty and various forms of poverty from situational, generational, and even abject poverty. What I don't do is blame, some type of Mexican genes, or Mexican learned values, because that would be considered racist.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Cultural values are contagious, corruption is contagious. The fact that the Nomad community values every life regardless of how close we are is a sign of our values. We seek to build our communities with these values in Baja however there are many forces that shape culture, including education, family values, societal values and respect for community rules or laws. Baja suffers from a long term lack of societal controls that support people equally whether rich or poor, so now we see the results, machine gun occurs often, high power gunfire, people go missing, politicians, police and military are indicted but rarely suffer consequences and common criminals suffer no consequences as well. Now we have a completely lawless region where kids with guns do the dirty work of larger gangs/cartels and there are no consequences. People go missing at the hands of the military or police and there are no consequences. It's one thing to hear about, or read about the next town. But when you see the sicarios arrive and gun down someone you know because they wouldn't do the work of cartels or you see the consequences such as this, an innocent, positive, contributing family to the community, gunned down for nothing other than the theft of sport equipment than it becomes quite clear, Baja has degenerated into a highly dangerous, lawless society on the brink of collapse or revolution due to corruption and it's based around lack of individual rights to protect yourself with arms and lack of rule of law. This is not going to change anytime soon and the changes that come will be hard fought with many more lost lives. It's a very sad story but one that will not change until Mexican people take pride in themselves as independent people who determine their future and no longer let corruption be the norm. Every person here on Nomads should be fighting for the resolution to this case, asking questions of politicians, police and marines as well pursue as any other clearly identified case of innocent victims.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 01:36 PM
Valuing EVERY Life ?

OK, that sounds great, BUT what is the "coin" of compassion and concern ?

While we certainly don't (as a rule) greet the deaths of innocents that we've never met with joy or (even) favor, it's hard to imagine any strong feeling of concern other than that old " there but for the grace of [insert favored deity here], go me or we ".

"Valuing every life" is one of those "touchy-feely" P.C. phrases that are often proffered, but lack substance under scrutiny.

How does one value those (strangers) lives ? What value is rendered ?

Other than satisfying the desire for self-affirmation and admiration ?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 02:55 PM

Very sorry to hear about this.
Home invasion type robberies are a real threat in Baja for vulnerable old expats.
I know of several.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 06:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

But I wonder if you personally would get off your high horse, and take on a Mexican cartel member with a AR-15, who wants your high horse?

¨A US Citizen Who Tried to Fight Corruption in Guerrero Has Been Imprisoned in Mexico for 18 Months¨
https://news.vice.com/article/a-us-citizen-who-tried-to-figh...

Some do

Joe when are you going to recognise that the problem is heroin.
If there was no heroin mexico would be a paradise, nice people, every where you look a beautiful girl with long black hair.

The brain damage caused by heroin is what causes all the probles you describe above.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 12:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

The brain damage caused by heroin is what causes all the probles you describe above.

Like spelling ?:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 06:28 AM

Let's not forget, Mexico/Mexicans keep voting for the politician who promises them the most free stuff. Just like in the States, or further North, that just doesn't work. Yea, most are poor, and most are uneducated, but Mexico has very few people compared to the amount of natural resources they have. Everybody could be working if not for the politicians who keep them dumb and poor. As long as they keep voting for more "free stuff", nothing will change.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 07:15 AM

Montana Paddlefish season closed yesterday at 9 pm....jes sayin..

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Montana Paddlefish season closed yesterday at 9 pm....jes sayin..
HaHaHa

And there's only 199 day's till Christmas ......

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:14 AM
Days to Redemption ?

955 ?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
Let's not forget, Mexico/Mexicans keep voting for the politician who promises them the most free stuff. Just like in the States, or further North, that just doesn't work. Yea, most are poor, and most are uneducated, but Mexico has very few people compared to the amount of natural resources they have. Everybody could be working if not for the politicians who keep them dumb and poor. As long as they keep voting for more "free stuff", nothing will change.

Lets not forget Mexico follows a lot of things America does, like voting against their own self interest, like in the US where the most poor, uneducated, and racist voted for Trump, and continue to blindly support him.

Mexico tried to copy the US model of capitalism, where for example, Mexico privatized the telecom industry, and created one of the richest men in the world, with Carlos Slim, but somehow like in the US, the money didn't trickle down to the masses.

NAFTA, also didn't help the masses, but it sure made multinational corporations rich, and it pushed Mexicans to immigrate to the US in any way they could so they could feed their families.

Hopefully, Mexican will abandon their neo-liberal way, conservative minded, and free-market capitalism, and instead vote for left-leaning AMLO, who will probably push for unions in Mexico, which is probably the best way to lift all boats in Mexico, like unions at one time created a middle class in America.

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:44 AM

This is what happens when only the bad guys have guns.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
I think Joe is Red Mercury..........or is it Freddie?:coolup:

will the real Slim Shady please stand up!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 08:57 AM
Unfortunately ..................... It's a BIG mistake

...............To dismiss, demean, decry the Trumpian cadre as ill-educated, low-wage bigots.

Yeah, sure, you betcha he's got THAT group sewed up, BUT there are a whole bunch of otras (normal folks) who "think" that Trump is working out well on their behalf. Even when he is doing things like imposing tariffs and (possibly) starting a trade-war.

Watching a CNN segment focusing on the tariffs and featuring interviews with substantial farming operations whose business will be directly (negatively) affected by those tariffs, it was (somewhat) surprising how much confidence that they expressed in HIM regardless of their personal view of the proposals.

While D.T.'s positive numbers are still lower than previous presidents at this point, they are moving (slowly) UP and the public perception of an improving economy with decreasing unemployment could easily translate into enough support for the status quo (along with a lack of unifying opposition message and poor turnout) to guarantee that our unified government continues towards 2020.

Absent significant abandonment by those in the middle, enough of those coupled with absolute allegiance by those hardcore bumpkin bigots will "keep on keeping on" the current chaos.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
This is what happens when only the bad guys have guns.

The story likely would have ended same if the good guy had a gun.
The usa has lots of guns in good guys hands, and all it gets us is the highest gun death rate in the western world, eh? :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The story likely would have ended same if the good guy had a gun.

Well, it would have ended the same for you not that you're a good guy.

In the hands of someone who knew what they were doing? Not even a contest.

Even if neither parties knew what they were doing, if the victim had come out shooting, the perps would have probably taken off.

Tom? Stop reading the San Diego Tribune.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
[Who incidentally is a very smart engineer who took Mexico out of the dark ages in telecommunications. You ever try to get a phone installed in Mexico before the privatization?

Who cares, who still uses landlines? I don't the future is here, and it's all about cell phones, and Carlos Slim, and his company "América Móvil" has just about a near monopoly on cell phones while will only grow as Mexicans get rid of their landlines in favor of only cell phones.

I see Carlos Slim, more as an investor stock player, than only a smart engineer. I'm actually a big fan of Carlos Slim, who is an ethnic minority in Mexico, of Lebanese ancestry like Shakira. I made a little money off his stock, AMX years ago. But at the end of the day, Carlos Slim, is a rich fat cat, who is in it for himself, and trickle down economics is unlikely to work in Mexico.

Mexico has to be very careful with "Pemex" because privatization might make Mexico's oil company more efficient, but allowing American oil companies to steal Mexico natural resources, will only keep Mexico poor.

AMLO is the best candidate to protect Mexican natural resources from theft.

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 6-9-2018 at 11:41 AM

how's carlos slim tied to these murders? whats wrong with you people?:?:

Pages:  1  ..  8    10  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.