Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11
Author: Subject: Murder in Bay of LA
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
the USMC, if you have a fideocomisio, it has a clause about NO use of the USMC as a form of resolution, one of the first clauses.

what is a USMC?

I sincerely hope Ray & Jo's tragic end may serve as a catalyst to figure out better security to save other's lives. Perhaps a new thread with suggestions like the loud horns warning system.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:13 AM

Yeah, waiting for the real estate agents to chime in. No? Guess they cant point out the tried and true "random drug violence refrain." As those of us know that have lived here for any length of time you are on your own. Lights, horns, pepper spray are deterrents. Take it one step further and buy, learn how to handle a working dog. Not some street mutt that will shirk at the first gun shot or knife but a dog bred for protection that cant be doped or poisoned. Yup, expensive but what price is your well fare or your wifes? Oh I forgot the cameras, cant forget those.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:26 AM

Comparing to big US cities would be meaningless.

Very different situation. In LA or NYC you robbed by locals. In BOLA there are no locals capable of this (not yet, I hope) - people from elsewhere did it. Relaxed sleepy town, events like this are unexpected if not unheard of, and therefore shocking. Easy prey, fish in a barrel.

What really sucks is that somebody from the community did the job as a spotter. It's hard to believe that goons from out of town hit this house randomly.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
[

what is a USMC?

United States Marine Corps.... ?

Some folks think they are the ultimate solution....:lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by shari  
[

what is a USMC?

United States Marine Corps.... ?

Some folks think they are the ultimate solution....:lol:

And they are for a debt and death based country ....

[Edited on 6-4-2018 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:48 AM

OXNARD

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 10:58 AM

And they are for a debt and death based county ....

WTF? Please elaborate this statement, Taco. Maybe not for this thread but I am quit interested in what you mean. If you meant country , try using your spell check.

This story really sucks and I surely hope this nonsense of people getting killed for nothing stops soon.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:08 AM

The perps didn't want to be ID'd. Walk into a crime in progress, where the perp has a gun, you might get shot.

Doubt a thief wanting a boat would be comfortable if a sensor light came on. A wheel lock would slow some down.

Showed a friend how to set up a defensive perimeter around an RV he was sure would be broken into.

Lots of deterrences possible.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:22 AM

Locks are to keep honest people honest...

The best you can do is make deterrents to make it easier for the ratero's to go elsewhere. A thief does what a thief does....

The more valuable things you have the more deterrents you need...

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:31 AM

folks are getting fed up.....

http://www.elvigia.net/general/2018/6/4/insisten-ciudadanos-...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:38 AM
Deterrence and Prayer ?

OK, the latter may find the Big Guy otherwise occupied or uninterested.

BUT, the Deterrence stuff (cameras, security lights, sounds, etc) is really the only hope. In some communities, guards have been employed, but (even in Mexico) that might be an expense residents are unwilling to assume.

The law isn't going to put forth any preemptive efforts and personal intervention without armament is a non-starter too often leading to deadly results for the victims.

The cameras would necessarily be evident (and plentiful ?) to have any deterrent effect and motion-activated lights/sounds WILL trip on quite often. I have motion-sensor lights around the perimeter of my house in YV and cats, birds, wind trip them a LOT. To the point where I don't venture to investigate unless they remain on for longer than the default period.

Securing the goods is part of the answer, but a boat on the beach is a challenge. An audio motion alarm might be effective, but would be vulnerable to false operation.
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:41 AM

Taco, instead of a u2u comeback, I think you should publicly explain what you mean to say about the US and its marines as I think you were insulting both.

As far as the loud noise deterrents , our neighbors have one that goes off weekly and nobody pays attention to any possible crime taking place. we all just try and ignore it and try and get him to disarm it as it sucks for everybody around. A little like crying wolf. we went with the bad ass dog route and everyone in town knows about Manson and nobody screws with us....He does leave big poops and eats a lot however.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 11:52 AM

I am NOT insulting anybody as that not my intention nor desire.

I am simply stating a fact that the USA is now built on debt and death.

Case in point,
1) The USA is over 21 Trillion in debt and counting. It can't even pay the interest it owes each month...:o

2) The USA spends more on their military than ANYONE else in the world.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 12:21 PM
The Trillion Dollar Question

While really far afield from Baja crime and slime:

The interest on the national debt is near (but under) $500 Billion. Various forecasts estimate that it "could" rise to over a Trillion by 2028 and would represent over 3 percent of GDP. U.S. government revenue received in 2018 is estimated at $3.34 Trillion.

The government's annual income will pay for 88 percent of spending, creating a $985 billion budget deficit. The revenue collected equals 16.3 percent of gross domestic product.

Total Federal government revenues by year:

FY 2019 (est.) - $3.42 trillion
FY 2018 (est.) - $3.34 trillion
FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.
FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
I am NOT insulting anybody as that not my intention nor desire.

I am simply stating a fact that the USA is now built on debt and death.

Case in point,
1) The USA is over 21 Trillion in debt and counting. It can't even pay the interest it owes each month...:o

2) The USA spends more on their military than ANYONE else in the world.

How does this fit into this thread?
Taco, start a new thread if you want to spew political views and trash the US and its military.

This is a thread about a terrible thing in BOLA
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 12:38 PM

Firstly, I U2U you so as NOT to deter from the original post ... So PLEASE don't try to lay this on me.... Thanks

Dang Man, I was ONLY doing what you asked ? I also didn't want to start a new thread, you wanted me to .....

And here's a link to the National debt clock...... 21 Trillion plus !!!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

[Edited on 6-4-2018 by Paco Facullo]

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 02:17 PM

Neighbors will be annoyed when lights and sounds come up for no reason. I know because I am, when neighbor's alarm light illuminates my windows several times a week.

And, in really dangerous situation neighbors will do NOTHING. I forgot where it was - in Asuncion? - when gringo business owner was beaten and robbed in his home, there was cash there, to be paid his workers next day. Some neighbor or another good man must've ratted him out - it's not an incidence that they came that night. There was a fair amount of noise and the neighbor (local) deadbolted her door and shut the lights off. I have two children, she said.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Neighbors will be annoyed when lights and sounds come up for no reason. I know because I am, when neighbor's alarm light illuminates my windows several times a week.

And, in really dangerous situation neighbors will do NOTHING. I forgot where it was - in Asuncion? - when gringo business owner was beaten and robbed in his home, there was cash there, to be paid his workers next day. Some neighbor or another good man must've ratted him out - it's not an incidence that they came that night. There was a fair amount of noise and the neighbor (local) deadbolted her door and shut the lights off. I have two children, she said.

For the record I dont know of any gringo business owner in Asuncion who was attacked especially one who might have had workers & kids...must have been somewhere else. We are very fortunate here to have an excellent patrol force paid by both fishing coops who patrol 24/7 by land & sea.

But in all fairness how can you expect neighbours to respond when it may be dangerous to do so unless they are armed of course. I sure think twice going out to check what the dogs are barking at!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fatoldcapt  
I read on the facebook page someone wrote that the boat got stuck in the sand. That's totally unconfirmed. Same with the number of bad guys. Only mention was of two cars and that also is unconfirmed as far I know. There's a post above that says 3 gringos 1 local. Is that the number of fatalities this year or what?

Aaron since January 2018. 3 gringos have been murdered and 1 local unconfirmed murder or accident.

Boat was stuck in sand on tbe trailer.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 04:10 PM

Everyone needs to be careful when responding to a barking dog or noises outside that you are not familiar with. Frankly if I lived in an area where stuff was stolen on a regular basis I'd get a gun, be it the US or Mexico, legal or illegal would not matter to me.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.