Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11
Author: Subject: Murder in Bay of LA
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 06:02 PM

Actually if you meet the requirements you can possess a firearm for personal defense in Mexico

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Everyone needs to be careful when responding to a barking dog or noises outside that you are not familiar with. Frankly if I lived in an area where stuff was stolen on a regular basis I'd get a gun, be it the US or Mexico, legal or illegal would not matter to me.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2018 at 09:06 PM

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-califor...
kevin_in_idaho
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 04:16 AM

Very sad. I hope that justice prevails.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 08:25 AM
Mexican Justice

Operates on the "Que sera sera" principle.

And (most) often when the question is asked "What Price Justice ?", the answer is "It's Negotiable".

Still, one can hope.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 08:52 AM

Perhaps the residents of BOLA can convince the gov to install a military checkpoint at the highway turnoff, the only way into and out of BOLA except for extreme offroad routes.

I think that would add a layer of security for BOLA and also enhance the policing of the highway using available resources.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 10:05 AM

Or station a small detachment and patrols in BOLA

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Perhaps the residents of BOLA can convince the gov to install a military checkpoint at the highway turnoff, the only way into and out of BOLA except for extreme offroad routes.

I think that would add a layer of security for BOLA and also enhance the policing of the highway using available resources.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 10:18 AM

Does anyone know how long it took the police to arrive? I heard a rediculous number but would like to hear from someone present.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 10:27 AM

Who do you think allows gang members with guns and drugs to pass at the check points up and down Baja? But it will be different this time... Until more people take true pride in Baja and confront the truth of corruption at all levels, nothing will improve. It certainly won't be done by police or military at this point. It can be done by individuals with well placed security cameras in and out of all streets 24/7 and an aggressive approach to publicizing the truth of what you see on the camera to change mentality in Baja. Open your eyes to the obvious truth in front of you about the source of drugs and weapons and lack of enforcement, it benefits a highly corrupt global network and structure of destabilization intended to harm and intimidate the people up and down west coast. Shed more light on the situation and speak out about the obvious multi-level collusion to allow this to occur. Top down bottom up. It's got to obvious to every person on this forum exactly what is involved to ship drugs and weapons through Bay of LA and support criminal activity at all levels to the degree that murders are free to roam and nothing changes.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

We spent six days in BOLA within this past several weeks (all prior to this terrible incident). There was a checkpoint set up on the BOLA Road at the turn to San Borja once. Also we observed Marines and army patrols in and around town a couple of times. So, there was somewhat of a presence.

John M
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:01 AM

There is the navy base there too, on the La Gringa road.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:33 AM

My sister in San Diego called me in a panic after hearing about the murders. I see that it was in the san diego paper but I got the impression she saw it on the news on TV.

She has never been to Baja Sur. I never could convince her it was safe and now I never will.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:42 AM

Thank goodness your Mum is no scaredy-cat .....

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:49 AM

armed guards patrolling, motion sensor cameras, electronic security, bars and deadbolts, ferocious dogs....rural life in baja these days:( you really gotta love yellowtail!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Who do you think allows gang members with guns and drugs to pass at the check points up and down Baja? But it will be different this time... Until more people take true pride in Baja and confront the truth of corruption at all levels, nothing will improve. It certainly won't be done by police or military at this point. It can be done by individuals with well placed security cameras in and out of all streets 24/7 and an aggressive approach to publicizing the truth of what you see on the camera to change mentality in Baja. Open your eyes to the obvious truth in front of you about the source of drugs and weapons and lack of enforcement, it benefits a highly corrupt global network and structure of destabilization intended to harm and intimidate the people up and down west coast. Shed more light on the situation and speak out about the obvious multi-level collusion to allow this to occur. Top down bottom up. It's got to obvious to every person on this forum exactly what is involved to ship drugs and weapons through Bay of LA and support criminal activity at all levels to the degree that murders are free to roam and nothing changes.

Oh no, let me go get my tin hat, because it's a global conspiracy involving the highest levels of government in conjunction with the deep global state.

My God, this is a simple murder, and murders happen all over the world everyday for robbery, revenge, or randomly like in the US with a crazed gunman.

The only reason why this murder seems important only on mostly Baja sites, is because it happened to two gringos, and now the fear, outrage and contempt towards Mexico, has set in. Now we also see all these extra demands that something be done to protect the poor ex-pats, in the Bay of LA.

A few weekends ago there were 5 murdered, and 35 wounded in Chicago, but you don't see all the panic and crying in Chicago, like you do in this thread.

Life goes on, get over it already, especially if you didn't know the victims.

"5 Dead, 35 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago"

[Edited on 6-5-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 12:59 PM

DK and JJJ bring up Chicago....Go Figure.......

redmercury
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Fewer Americans are killed in Mexico per year than in just a few hours in America.

Well, that could be because there are fewer Americans in Mexico than in the USA. I think there are around 330 million Americans in the USA, and less than 1/10th of 1% of that in Mexico. Might that account for the difference?

I'll wager nobody from Burkina Faso has ever been murdered in Mexico. Is that because Mexico is safe for Burkina Fasoans, or that there are no Burkina Fasoans in Mexico to kill?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 01:30 PM

The comparison to other places totally misses what is important here. The reason for extra concern is that this type of violence is entirely new to small Baja communities like BOLA. Just 10 years ago the violence was limited to mostly TJ. Now it's in Los Cabos, La Paz and more and more places on the peninsula.

My wife and I have agreed that we're no longer going to spend a night in our RV at Rancho Santa Ynez nor any other remote place while driving the peninsula. For the first night, we'll do the run from the border to Guerrero Negro and get a motel room or perhaps park behind the Malarrimo Hotel. Likewise on the return trip.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 01:39 PM

Fewer Americans are killed in Mexico per year than in just a few hours in America.

David, Thats a disingenous statement - and you know it. The only way that would be a valid comparison, would be if the number of americans in Baja equalled the number of americans in the USA!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 02:00 PM

exploding boilers and baseball bats?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 02:02 PM

The only time it makes a difference in either country is if you are one of the victims

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

David, Thats a disingenous statement - and you know it. The only way that would be a valid comparison, would be if the number of americans in Baja equalled the number of americans in the USA!
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.