Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11
Author: Subject: Murder in Bay of LA
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 02:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
How much discussion can remain productive or interesting regarding the original subject ?

Virtually EVERY feasible idea regarding self-protection in those circumstances has been offered and examined.

What more could be said on point other than more of the obligatory (while sincere) "so sad" contributions ?

It is the normal evolution of thought for any post to follow the free-association path sooner or later.

It would seem that those who think otherwise might then indicate what more could be said pertinent to the event which triggered the post.

No doubt, those offerings would be welcome.

It's all about American Exceptionalism, and believing the world revolves around gringos, so expect this thread to continue to for a few more days, and if the victim(s) were white young Americans females, there is no telling how long this homicide story would remain a hot topic in the news and on this forum. If you don't believe me, remember Natalee Holloway's death, and they even named a syndrome why her story caught the non stop attention of the media, while non American, darker skilled girls were also killed all over the world, but didn't get the same attention of Natalee Holloway.

To me this is a common tragic homicide that happens all over the world and in Mexico, where most of those homicides are drug related. But this double homocide, seems to involve the simple motivation of robbery, that's also very common in the world, although I believe there may be more to this story than we are told.

Did I really read correctly the male victim was shot 18 times, and the female victim was only shot twice in the legs? If that's correct, it sounds like a "hit" and why did the female victim die from only shots to the leg, unless she bled out. But weren't the witnesses aware of the shooting and robbery, and quickly checked on the two victims?

So I would want to re-visit exactly the authorities exactly told the reporters and witnesses? From what I know of US media sources like the " San Diego Tribune, " is they don't have reporters in Mexico, but usually just cut and paste Mexican sources, and sometimes depend on ex-pat witnesses, although things may have changed the last few years.

Somehow I doubt the FBI is involved in this case, especially if the two victims, were cremated, and their ashes already spread out on the Bay of LA, like one of the comments claimed. If that actually happened, then I would hope the FBI, if involved to see if the victims had life insurance, and how much.

There is just too much about this story that sounds strange, but perhaps nobody is getting the straight facts here.

If it was a simple robbery, by hyped up Mexicans on drugs, the male American victim, no doubt contributed to his own demise by going out there armed with only a baseball bat. If you threaten somebody with bodily harm, even if you are protecting your material things, the other party might take exception to that, and use their own deadly force on you. Maybe, it would have been a better idea of having full coverage boat insurance.

At the end of the day this double homicide will blow over, and Mexican tourism to Mexico, will continue in record numbers, like it did in 2017, despite a jump in homicides in Mexico in the year 2017, because most people know, that killings could happen anywhere, no matter what the Yahoos say on "Fox News.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 02:50 PM

GEEZO...What a windbag...Next you'll be telling us that Elvis is sending in the CIA....

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by redmercury  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Fewer Americans are killed in Mexico per year than in just a few hours in America.

Well, that could be because there are fewer Americans in Mexico than in the USA. I think there are around 330 million Americans in the USA, and less than 1/10th of 1% of that in Mexico. Might that account for the difference?

I'll wager nobody from Burkina Faso has ever been murdered in Mexico. Is that because Mexico is safe for Burkina Fasoans, or that there are no Burkina Fasoans in Mexico to kill?

This guy is like Chuckie, he is an alarmist, and wants you to be afraid, very afraid of Mexico.

I seriously doubt new newbie OP, is Red Mercury, who hangs out on Mexico Politico, on Facebook, and who leans left, and posts a lot in politico forums. I think he lifted Red Mercury's name.

If this is who I think it is, he makes our Chuckie, on "Baja Nomad" seem like a Mexico lover.

Sadly, for a few people, Facebook, has been cracking down on fake names, so expect some nuts to take their act to other sites like "Baja Nomad.

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 03:37 PM

"I think he lifted Red Mercury's name."

what would he stand to gain?:?:

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 04:15 PM

I'm hoping the Bajanomads privy to the details of this crime will post whatever they may learn and not let the noise in this thread deter them.

Does anybody know about the SUV the murderers were driving? Was it a relatively new rig or a beater? What kind of license plates?

What's the opinion of the residents about whether the criminals were locals or outsiders?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 05:46 PM

Speculating does no good. If anyone knew anything solid the cops would be parading an a-hole in front of the media. I mean, first reports of 18 & 2 bullet wounds has since been retracted.

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 05:54 PM

Is it correct that a suspect in custody?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I'm hoping the Bajanomads privy to the details of this crime will post whatever they may learn and not let the noise in this thread deter them.

Does anybody know about the SUV the murderers were driving? Was it a relatively new rig or a beater? What kind of license plates?

What's the opinion of the residents about whether the criminals were locals or outsiders?

Sorry to say, but details dont matter. It was violent robbery. The same thing happens many 1,000s of time every day the world over. The details dont matter. What’s done is done.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 07:46 PM

I wouldn't put too much faith in what you might have heard, because these stories are all over the place like this one in the "Daily News."

"Local Mexican media reported the couple was waiting for friends on their boat when burglars asked them to surrender their property. The criminals then opened fire at them."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-american-co...

Now the "San Diego Tribune" has corrected a previous version of their article, and now say, Ray Ball's, wasn't shot 18 times, but that he was only shot 9 times, and had 18 entry and exit wounds.

Really, who counts both entry and exit wounds and comes up with a total count? Did all 9 bullets, actually exit the body? I'm still wondering about Jo Butler's two wounds to her leg?

From the "San Diego Tribune:"

This story has been updated to correct a previous version stating that Ray Ball had been shot 18 times. Authorities said he had been shot nine times, with 18 entry and exit wounds.

GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:04 PM
Reposted from Mexico News Daily

Please forgive me if I am duplicating; I got this story today.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/part-time-us-residents-murd...

[Edited on 6-8-2018 by GypsyJan]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Sorry to say, but details dont matter.........

I disagree, but thanks for your opinion.

[Edited on 6-8-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:18 PM

Edit, never mind, I read the article wrong.

[Edited on 6-8-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:25 PM

The 28 y/o in custody was the perp in this murder...

On January 8, Charles Lewis Crabtree, 75, was bludgeoned to death with a hammer.

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:26 PM

There you go JZ a New biz, security Drones that can shoot the perps

RIP to the victims of this robbery gone bad

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
....... but that he was only shot 9 times, and had 18 entry and exit wounds.

Really, who counts both entry and exit wounds and comes up with a total count? Did all 9 bullets, actually exit the body? I'm still wondering about Jo Butler's two wounds to her leg?

Obviously, the coroner counts the number of wounds. Is that a serious question?

The SD Tribune corrects itself for false reporting. 9 entry/exit wounds? This didn't happen. Tribune is wrong again.

Stop believing everything you read, Joe. Have an original thought.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Obviously, the coroner counts the number of wounds. Is that a serious question?

The SD Tribune corrects itself for false reporting. 9 entry/exit wounds? This didn't happen. Tribune is wrong again.

Stop believing everything you read, Joe. Have an original thought.

Yes Coroners do count the number of wounds, but not so-called local authorities who are giving the number of bullet wounds of victims to newspaper reporters.

According to internet sources( chisme) that SFandH, is currently asking for more of. The word, is two two Americans were cremated and their bodies scattered in the Bay of LA, which if true would indicate to me that there was no autopsy and probably no FBI investigation.

I would back up the truck and say, Sandra Dibble, of the Tribune, most likely wasn't given information from any autopsy results.

BTW if there was no autopsy that's a big red flag to me seeing this deadly incident is now all over the news.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 08:57 PM
4 or 22 ?

????????

" ........ The word, is two two Americans were cremated ......... "
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 09:41 PM

I have to say senor JoeJust Joe has a point in his first sentences.
It still remains two people lost their lives for a boat. The fact that similar needless deaths happen every day ALL OVER THE WORLD does not diminish the loss of these two people .

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 10:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

To me this is a common tragic homicide that happens all over the world and in Mexico

It's that way to you because you never knew the people. They're just a statistic to you. For others - they either knew them or just have a greater ability to empathize.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 11:12 PM

I think Joe is Red Mercury..........or is it Freddie?:coolup:

Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.