BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: DO YOU WONDER WHY FOREIGNERS CANNOT DIRECTLY OWN PROPERTY LOCATED IN THE RESTRICTED ZONE?
Baja Closing Agent

Mood: POSITIVE

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 06:10 PM
DO YOU WONDER WHY FOREIGNERS CANNOT DIRECTLY OWN PROPERTY LOCATED IN THE RESTRICTED ZONE?

DO YOU WONDER WHY FOREIGNERS CANNOT DIRECTLY OWN PROPERTY LOCATED IN THE RESTRICTED ZONE?

I am sure you have heard about the need to get a bank trust in order to acquire property in Baja, especially if it is located along the shoreline. This requirement is due to the Restricted Zone, which is the strip of land within 50 km of the coastline and 100 km from the border.

Do you wonder why?

The Mexican Political Constitution prohibits foreigners to directly acquire property located in the Restricted Zone. This has its historical reason that goes back to the days when it was considered necessary to promote migration from other countries to Mexico in order to increase the population, especially in the Northern territories of the country.

However, this policy could have been adverse for Mexico, since there was the risk of potential invasion from a foreign domination. An in fact, this occurred with the state of Texas, which used to be territory of Mexico and later become part of the US, as a direct consequence of said policy.

Therefore, in order to avoid losing more territory, the Restricted Zone Act was established, with the purpose of preserving the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Mexico.

The Restricted Zone Act is considered by many to be out-of-date and someway unnecessary these days. Nevertheless, all initiatives to remove this law from the Mexican Political Constitution have failed.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 06:56 PM

Keep Mexico , Mexico. P-nche Gringo's have a habit of ruining Countries....

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2018 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Ha ha ha!
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2018 at 09:43 PM

uuhhmm, the last time I took a look at things, the good ol USA was a pretty good destination for any and everybody. It is the only country in the world with a constitution that states its " for the people, by the people " sure there's a few problems, but unlike other countries, we get to change the rescheme every four years. Mexico is a beautiful country with awesome people, but managed about as bad as any country in history, especially given there resources. Mexico is Mexico, I'm fine with it the way it is, but don't insinuate it's run with the good of the people as a first consideration...
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 06:54 AM

"run with the good of the people as a first consideration..."
do you believe for a minute that the US run with that as policy?
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 07:38 AM

"run with the good of the people as a first consideration..."

More like " Run with the good of the bankers and large corporations as first consideration " nowadays....

Yes the good o'l USA was initially "for the people by the people" buy now ??? Ya right , FAR from it....

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 12:33 PM

The United States is run no different today than when it was first formed years ago and before. People with money have and always will have more say than common folks. They have the resources to form and change public opinion when need be. People will complain about anything and everything just because they can.

We just had a primary election in CA and only 22% of registered voters voted. If you don't like how things are run get out the votes and change it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 03:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
The United States is run no different today than when it was first formed years ago...

Sure it is. When it was first formed only rich, white males could vote. Now all citizens can vote.

But wait.....now rich, white males run the show regardless of the vote, so you're right, nothing has really changed. Damn!

[Edited on 6-7-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 09:37 PM

White, blue, green, the United States is the premier place in the world, I'm not boasting or bragging, if there was another country that could compete, I'd rally behind them as well. Truth is, is always lonely at the top. And u are always a target, which is fine, bring it. Name another place where you can choose your own destiny, even if you fail 3 times before you get there. Most negetive opinions on this is from people who are 'victims' of some kind, face the truth, we live in the most progressive and prosperous time in history, get a clue and don't drink the koolaid, listen to every opinion, keep your eyes open and form your own opinions, you will be a smarter, brighter and more importantly, a happier individual
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chumlee57  
White, blue, green, the United States is the premier place in the world, I'm not boasting or bragging, if there was another country that could compete, I'd rally behind them as well. Truth is, is always lonely at the top. And u are always a target, which is fine, bring it. Name another place where you can choose your own destiny, even if you fail 3 times before you get there. Most negetive opinions on this is from people who are 'victims' of some kind, face the truth, we live in the most progressive and prosperous time in history, get a clue and don't drink the koolaid, listen to every opinion, keep your eyes open and form your own opinions, you will be a smarter, brighter and more importantly, a happier individual

Me thinks your world is very very very small.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 09:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Unfortunately chippy one might say the same about you. chumlee57 just asked a very simple question here which apparently you have no answer for so you attempt to belittle him instead. Thanks to being a Naval Aviator in the past I have had the opportunity to travel extensively and I'd have to agree with chumlee57. I haven't visited a single country that even comes close to providing the standard of living or one that offers more opportunities than we have here in the US. If you feel there are others please feel free to name them

In Memory of E-57
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 09:34 AM

Liechtenstein!! :D

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 10:12 AM

America sucks!

The only reason why I live in America, is that I was born here, and the jobs are great, and they are usually well paying for many of us. The only reason why immigrants come to the US, is for the jobs, and as soon as they make their money, most just go back home.

There is a reason why America, is the number one destination for illegal drugs, Americans need to numb themselves from the rat race in the US while they are putting in 50 hours at work, along with their two week vacation, while those living in countries like France, work 35 hours a week, and get six weeks of vacation, and other benefits, while they are actually enjoying life.

The weather in the US sucks, if you compare it to most cities in Mexico, unless you live in Florida, or California, and even then those states can't compete with weather in Mexico, or Latin America.

America is a progressing country. Don't make me laugh, especially if you have ever been to the bible belt, and other southern non tolerant southern states.

So please, no flag waving in this thread, unless you want to burn the flag, or join me taking a knee when the US National anthem is played.

Then, on the other hand, I don't like the ugly comparisons, and wonder why people just can't enjoy the beauty, most countries have to offer, than doing ugly comparisons. If you ever visit a foreign country, you probably never want to come off like an ugly American.

Regarding the topic of this thread. I think Mexico, has good reason to limit access to foreigners of beach front property in the restricted zone.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

We are glad you have kept it so undeveloped and improverised.

I think Calfornia should just claim Baja. And then make California a new country.
I think we already rate like 7th largest economy in the world.
And then let the ecofanatics fight anymore developement.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Liechtenstein!! :D

Don't forget Andorra, Monaco, and San Marino! :light:
Thank You! A simple direct answer. Now I have new places to explore

In Memory of E-57
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 11:23 AM

Bhutan.... Their motto is ...........

NOT gross National product, but, "Gross National Happiness".....

Now your talkin'.............

[Edited on 7-9-2018 by Paco Facullo]

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  

Unfortunately chippy one might say the same about you. chumlee57 just asked a very simple question here which apparently you have no answer for so you attempt to belittle him instead. Thanks to being a Naval Aviator in the past I have had the opportunity to travel extensively and I'd have to agree with chumlee57. I haven't visited a single country that even comes close to providing the standard of living or one that offers more opportunities than we have here in the US. If you feel there are others please feel free to name them

OK I´ll play. Just from the countries I have visited or lived in. I´m sure there are more.

Australia
Canada
Iceland
New Zealand
Singapore
Belgium
Denmark
Germany
France
Netherlands
Norway
Sweden
Switzerland
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 04:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

OK I´ll play. Just from the countries I have visited or lived in. I´m sure there are more.

Australia
Canada
Iceland
New Zealand
Singapore
Belgium
Denmark
Germany
France
Netherlands
Norway
Sweden
Switzerland

Is this a new game to play?
Wish there were more, but I have lived in or visited these countries/colonies:

USA
Mexico
Fiji
New Zealand
Australia
Hong Kong
Japan
Egypt
Greece
Italy
Vatican City
Switzerland
Germany
Luxembourg
France
United Kingdom
Canada

David if you where following the thread he was asking which countries had as good of living standards as the usa.

My list of lived in and visited countries below usa standards would be about 4 times as long.

[Edited on 7-9-2018 by chippy]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 04:36 PM

Damn! Why didn't I move to Bermuda when I was 25, instead of Costa Mesa. :spingrin:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 05:03 PM

:P we got all the bajablowhards chiming in here!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.