Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  9
Author: Subject: Palm Tree In Bahia Concepcion
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 02:02 PM
Palm Tree In Bahia Concepcion

Oh oh !...Better measure the shoreline again....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/antarctic-ice-sheet-1.4703952

;D

Don't believe everything you think....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 02:31 PM

You're a troublemaker. What fun!

Just watched a video about how North Atlantic Newfoundland fishermen are making a living now, since they have fished the place out. They're taking tourists out to see icebergs. Seems that there is a lot more LARGE pieces of ice that have broken off of glaciers floating around.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 02:35 PM

I would love to have an ocean view outside my house but it would have to rise 350+ feet. How long will it take?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 02:38 PM

More time than any of us have.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 03:15 PM

David's got his team working on it..

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

:biggrin: That's what a few teachers told me....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 04:47 PM

In 2006, Al Gore predicted a 20-foot increase in sea level "in the near future" with the melting or breakoff of Greenland or Antarctica (An Inconvenient Truth: p. 196). Twelve pages follow (pp. 198–209) with glossy photographs showing major areas under water: from southern Florida to San Francisco to Manhattan. Not happening! Latest measurements by actual scientists show sea levels seem to be rising at maybe three millimetres per year. Twenty feet is over six thousand millimetres, so at this rate, we wouldn’t even be halfway by the year 3017.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 05:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
In 2006, Al Gore predicted a 20-foot increase in sea level "in the near future" with the melting or breakoff of Greenland or Antarctica (An Inconvenient Truth: p. 196). Twelve pages follow (pp. 198–209) with glossy photographs showing major areas under water: from southern Florida to San Francisco to Manhattan. Not happening! Latest measurements by actual scientists show sea levels seem to be rising at maybe three millimetres per year. Twenty feet is over six thousand millimetres, so at this rate, we wouldn’t even be halfway by the year 3017.

Nice to know we have a climatologist with 20 ? some years of schooling, backed by multiple super computers who is sure we have nothing to worry about! Thanks campion, your vast knowledge and education allows you to make predictions that all of the other climate scientists (not funded by big oil) are missing!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 06:28 PM

It must be pretty slow, David's tree is still not under water and that's been 60 years.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 6-13-2018 at 07:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Nice to know we have a climatologist with 20 ? some years of schooling, backed by multiple super computers who is sure we have nothing to worry about! Thanks campion, your vast knowledge and education allows you to make predictions that all of the other climate scientists (not funded by big oil) are missing!

You're welcome, just trying to do my part to educate the ignorant.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 07:23 PM

Dang it all anyway......and I was about to toss my cute white rubber boots in the trash.......I was fully expecting the launch ramp would be inundated for sure.....beyond the super tides/blue moon tides.
Lo lamento.......it's still the same in and out with the tides and has been since Christ was a corporal.....

Oh well

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2018 at 10:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Just watched a video about how North Atlantic Newfoundland fishermen are making a living now, since they have fished the place out. They're taking tourists out to see icebergs.

:lol::lol: They won't be making a living from that either.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 08:54 AM

I'm just grateful I got to know the palm tree.
Sitting by it and watching the sun rise is different somehow.
I thought once I saw a time travel worm tube from another galaxy by the hot tub

Es Todo Bueno
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 09:00 AM
Palms in Davids neighborhood

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/14/king-tides-topple-pal...
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

As compared with government/privately funded scientists who live and breathe everyday on the grants they get?
No climate change......NO grant money.

Bingo

[Edited on 6-15-2018 by DaliDali]

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

As compared with government/privately funded scientists who live and breathe everyday on the grants they get?

Bingo

you can deny gravity all you want ... but the apple will still hit you on the head.

ignorance is bliss I guess
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  

Bingo

you can deny gravity all you want ... but the apple will still hit you on the head.

Naivety is bliss in the case of the alarmists.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95  

Bingo

you're refuting the referee journal b/c of what you hear on fox news
you folks are a joke. sorry
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 10:52 AM

Latest measurements by actual scientists show sea levels seem to be rising at maybe three millimetres per year. Twenty feet is over six thousand millimetres, so at this rate, we wouldn’t even be halfway by the year 3017.

3mm /yr ?? you understand how much extra water that would actually be? (even after factoring in expansion due to heating? holy guacamole!!)

but regardless ... ignorance of the exponential function will be a contributing factor to habitats' collapse.

ni modo
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2018 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95  

Bingo

you're refuting the referee journal b/c of what you hear on fox news
you folks are a joke. sorry

Spoken as a solid member of the herd of sheep blindly drinking Al Gores Kool aid. In spite of all the cute comments on DK’s palm tree, which offers more visible evidence refuting ocean level rise than any example presented by the climate experts here, I haven’t heard one explanation other than the earth plates shifting comment to push the palm tree up and keep it high and dry.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.