Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  9
Author: Subject: Palm Tree In Bahia Concepcion
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I would think Shari and Juan would have a more exact take on water level rising over the years since they live at waters edge.

That's not considered science. It would be considered anecdotal evidence if Shari and Juan, thought the water level was rising, lowering, or staying the same, especially if they were not out there with a measuring stick.

Speaking anecdotal the last few years, something is going on with the environment with these wild swings in whether patterns. But it would be silly of me to put my finger in the air, and claim a pattern based on my green or dry lawn.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

It wasn't that long ago that someone on here was saying the salt flats from Punta Abreojos to La Bocana were flooded and laid claim it was due to global warming and the rising sea.
Odd......I was just on those very same salt flats not long ago and they were dry as a bone and local traffic was plying that road without water wings.

If you lived here like I do, instead of making idiot statements based on a one-time visit,

If you lived here like I do, you would see that the water level on this side of the mountains is STILL at the same level it was for the last 18 years of full time residence here......you wouldn't be making those idiot statements.

And just up the road where that proverbial palm lives.....it's STILL above the high water mark.
Is there some phenomena on that side that causes the sea levels to be higher and flood the fruited plains?

This is where you get into trouble....you "assume" I made only one visit.

Barratt was right..you are a cantankerous lot.

[Edited on 6-17-2018 by DaliDali]

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
I would think Shari and Juan would have a more exact take on water level rising over the years since they live at waters edge.

That's not considered science. It would be considered anecdotal evidence if Shari and Juan, thought the water level was rising, lowering, or staying the same, especially if they were not out there with a measuring stick.

Speaking anecdotal the last few years, something is going on with the environment with these wild swings in whether patterns. But it would be silly of me to put my finger in the air, and claim a pattern based on my green or dry lawn.

Discounting live and up close accounts of real people on real ground vs a computer in some far off office building are dicey.

Real people on real ground with eyes wide open trumps (eat it Joe) run of sundry computer models.

How is it in that rathole up in occupied Aztlan anyway?
Get out much do you? Down to the seashore?

Bashing brown skinned Catholics again on all those anarchist sites you prowl around in?
Just curious JJJ.....no assumptions

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 01:31 PM

There are many people living on the waters edge. Juan and shari actually live on a bluff.

Do you live at the waters edge?
Yes
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 01:39 PM

It wasn't that long ago that someone on here was saying the salt flats from Punta Abreojos to La Bocana were flooded and laid claim it was due to global warming and the rising sea.
Odd......I was just on those very same salt flats not long ago and they were dry as a bone and local traffic was plying that road without water wings.

If you lived here like I do, instead of making idiot statements based on a one-time visit,

If you lived here like I do, you would see that the water level on this side of the mountains is STILL at the same level it was for the last 18 years of full time residence here......you wouldn't be making those idiot statements.

And just up the road where that proverbial palm lives.....it's STILL above the high water mark.
Is there some phenomena on that side that causes the sea levels to be higher and flood the fruited plains?

At least spell his name right. If you truly came here very often you would have seen it all over his rentals. Don't have to assume much there.

True story...someone on this forum advised people that the salt flat between Abreojos and La Bocana was like a freeway and perfectly fine all the time. Some poor sucker got stuck...for 2 days....he was so upset he said he would never believe a soul ion this forum ever again... don't know if that is true or what ever happened to him. Best to be careful of advising people on areas that we do not frequent often. Thus ...no, I don't pretend to know much about your tide.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 02:21 PM

At least spell his name right. If you truly came here very often you would have seen it all over his rentals. Don't have to assume much there.

True story...someone on this forum advised people that the salt flat between Abreojos and La Bocana was like a freeway and perfectly fine all the time. Some poor sucker got stuck...for 2 days....he was so upset he said he would never believe a soul ion this forum ever again... don't know if that is true or what ever happened to him. Best to be careful of advising people on areas that we do not frequent often. Thus ...no, I don't pretend to know much about your tide.

Yes excuse me for the misspelling....I should know better, seeings how I have known Barrett for 18 years and when we would prowl the local color of Loreto in seek of excitement and a thrill up our leg.
Don't see him much anymore....all tied down with kids in school up in Ensenada and of course the lovely wife.
When he is in Loreto fighting with his brother, he drops in and we reminisce about the good old days and tell lies.

Does the west coast area have tides?
Are there at times, what is called "supertides"
During a supertide event, does the water level move up into the salt flats?
After the highest of the high tide passes, does the water recede back into the lagoon?

When is the last time you have seen the sea swoop in and inundate that salt flat? Is it a weekly occurrence, monthly..highest tides only?
How long does it take the fossil fueled induced intense sunshine to dry out the flats?

You would stake your life that the sea is rising due to the use of fossil fuels?
What would be your remedy to alter and or change the climate to keep the sea at bay?

Are any seaside homes in danger of toppling over due to sea water intrusion? From my vantage point, those homes are sited well back from the edge of the sea.....

Normally I don't get that far up the beach.....hanging around Huesos and down to Rene.
In fact, I will be at Rene on July 16th for 30 days...along with some other local Loretanos escaping the heat.
06 Ram 4x4 silver color with SD plates......Jayco 24" travel trailer in the middle palapa slot and red Honda quad and 14" Gregor.

Speaking of Rene......one evening the water level on the block wall behind the palapa camp slots was lapping on the top step....but it was a full moon and I figured it was just the normal tidal action.
Was that a grave miscalculation and it was indeed, the climate induced rising sea level?

Well sure enough....when the full moon waned into the quarter moon, the water level receded nearer the bottom step and even lower.
And on that same full moon period......nearly the entire lagoon empties....can global warming also mean a lower sea level?

No offense.....just trying to get a grip on the entire phenom.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 02:32 PM

Discounting live and up close accounts of real people on real ground vs a computer in some far off office building are dicey.

Real people on real ground with eyes wide open trumps (eat it Joe) run of sundry computer models.

Bashing brown skinned Catholics again on all those anarchist sites you prowl around in?

It's so funny that we have a global warming denier in our midst. :lol::lol:

DaliDali, I'm going to tell you something and you better sit down first.

The Earth is round! I know this is shocking to you, because if you look out and only depend on your eyes or what the early church said, the Earth will appear to be flat to you, but it's really round.

No I'm sorry, anecdotal observations from Baja, doesn't disprove global warnings, especially if those making the observations are global warming deniers.

5 reasons why anecdotes are totally worthless

Personal anecdotes are often the primary ammunition of those who deny science

1. If you are using anecdotes, you are committing a logical fallacy

2. Anecdotes aren’t representative

3. Anecdotes aren’t controlled

4. An anecdote is a sample size of N=1

5. Anecdotes aren’t collected systematically

In summary, using anecdotes as evidence of causation commits a logical fallacy, which means that anecdotal arguments must be rejected. Further, anecdotes don’t give you a fair representation of the effects of X on Y, nor do they account for potential confounding factors. Therefore, anecdotes are worthless as evidence. They simply cannot demonstrate causal relationships. As I often say on this blog, if you want to know whether or not X causes Y, the one and only way to do it is by conducting large, properly controlled studies that account for confounding variables. Nothing else will suffice.

https://thelogicofscience.com/2016/02/10/5-reasons-why-anecd...

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 02:45 PM

I believe S and H provided a link a few years ago that showed that this side of the Pacific has risen imperceptibly but the eastern side about 5”. If true then the rise in sea level is variable. Currently both Greenland and Antarctica is lositing ice dramatically. The water has to go somewhere. Instead of measuring the palm tree it may be best to view to receding glaciers. I’m sure there are plenty of pictures on the internet.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

DaliDali, I'm going to tell you something and you better sit down first.

Yes sir boss man....sitting down now......don't whup me boss
man please.

79 Francisco Madero
Colonia Centro
Loreto, BSC

Across the street(west side) from me is a "centro de maestros" office.
On the northside of that is a car wash.
Next door neighbor is a small tienda
North side is a vacant dirt lot.
Nearest cross street is Padre Kino.

Rock wall front......red primer gates.....large garage with blue gates.

Drop by sometime

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 02:58 PM

Yes excuse me for the misspelling....I should know better, seeings how I have known Barrett for 18 years and when we would prowl the local color of Loreto in seek of excitement and a thrill up our leg.
Don't see him much anymore....all tied down with kids in school up in Ensenada and of course the lovely wife.
When he is in Loreto fighting with his brother, he drops in and we reminisce about the good old days and tell lies.

Does the west coast area have tides?
Are there at times, what is called "supertides"
During a supertide event, does the water level move up into the salt flats?
After the highest of the high tide passes, does the water recede back into the lagoon?

When is the last time you have seen the sea swoop in and inundate that salt flat? Is it a weekly occurrence, monthly..highest tides only?
How long does it take the fossil fueled induced intense sunshine to dry out the flats?

You would stake your life that the sea is rising due to the use of fossil fuels?
What would be your remedy to alter and or change the climate to keep the sea at bay?

Are any seaside homes in danger of toppling over due to sea water intrusion? From my vantage point, those homes are sited well back from the edge of the sea.....

Normally I don't get that far up the beach.....hanging around Huesos and down to Rene.
In fact, I will be at Rene on July 16th for 30 days...along with some other local Loretanos escaping the heat.
06 Ram 4x4 silver color with SD plates......Jayco 24" travel trailer in the middle palapa slot and red Honda quad and 14" Gregor.

Speaking of Rene......one evening the water level on the block wall behind the palapa camp slots was lapping on the top step....but it was a full moon and I figured it was just the normal tidal action.
Was that a grave miscalculation and it was indeed, the climate induced rising sea level?

Well sure enough....when the full moon waned into the quarter moon, the water level receded nearer the bottom step and even lower.
And on that same full moon period......nearly the entire lagoon empties....can global warming also mean a lower sea level?

No offense.....just trying to get a grip on the entire phenom.

2013 Copper colored Ram, or yellow honda quad with dog in tow. Have had a house in La Beliza 24 years.
And since you bring up Estero Coyote, why is it that all the good camping that used to be on the point near the channel is now inundated with water? Or if you get a chance, take the road along the coast of La Beliza as you go to town and see how the tides of eroded the bank. Not just super tides but normal high tides.
The salt flats are not near as dry as they used to be...all the time. You can see the evidence left from roads of days past.

DOn't worry, you won't have to change your precious life style.. Most scientists say its too late to stop it, we will have to adapt. See how fast the south pole is melting now? https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2018/06/13/antarcticas-...

Barrett was just here by the way.

[Edited on 6-17-2018 by rts551]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 03:17 PM

That sand point is a bit mushy at times....just back up a bit and all is well.

The Q is....is that due to global warming induced sea rise or just the tides?

I would venture to say.....it's not a sure thing at this point.
Do you have some measurement instruments at hand to drill down on a sure thing?

And I would venture to say with certainty that my lifestyle is no more elegant than yours, or anyone else who lives a modest lifestyle and saves the Tecate cans for the trash pick up dudes.

You drive a fossil fueled Ram, drive a fossil fueled quad and most likely, but unmentioned, fossil fueled outboard motor on a boat to catch a corvina for dinner.... and run back and forth to AZ frequently right?

I would use a solar system for power but unwilling to pony up the costs for that......and the costs of maintenance of such a system.
I use the quad for around town....uses very little fuel as you know. Ram just for pulling the trailer around.....which by the way has a solar panel for power.
Don't use mesquite for a cooking fire, don't burn trash.......my bad?

Too late to stop it?....dang, yet some are up in arms to relieve the world of untold billions to twart it...I'll be damned....:?:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 03:32 PM

That point used to be a great camping spot years ago. Too wet now.

Yes have a 15ft Gregor Baja Special...probably uses more gas than yours. 8 months here, 4 months in Arizona, so yes some running back and forth....I do live off grid and have solar....

Does all that mean I have to deny that I impact the environment, create greenhouse gases, and probably influence the climate? Not me. While I can not reverse what has happened I can be aware and a little more conscious of my actions. I also support policies that will help slow down what impacts that occur.

Measure? Glad you mentioned it. https://science.nasa.gov/earth-science/oceanography/physical...

What untold billion$$$$ are at risk? or is that a political stomping point.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 03:45 PM

OK!

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 04:00 PM

Kyoto accords
Paris accords

The quest to relieve wealthier countries of that wealth and pass it on to less developed nations, who by their very nature, squander it, steal it, mismanage it and increase the wealth of those who administer it all.

All in an effort to lower global temps by .01%

Color me stunned......the sheer audacity of wealth transfer.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 06:39 PM

Where did you get that number from? The goal is to stop the average global temps from rising over a period of decades due to the manmade increase in atmospheric greenhouse gases.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 07:39 AM

Dali Dali-
Obviously you and I just don't get it. We should realize that if we were more intelligent we would be able to grasp the fact that the earth doesn't evolve without human interference. If all humans died today, we would freeze frame the current environmental conditions. Earth would be saved!
Sounds amazing! Although, I am still trying to figure out how the desert southwest United States was once under water. Maybe those dinosaurs were emitting too much gas and changed the balance?
Hard to tell...
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Where did you get that number from? The goal is to stop the average global temps from rising over a period of decades due to the manmade increase in atmospheric greenhouse gases.

One thing you will rarely or never see from Global Warming deniers, are links that support their caveman thinking about Global warming being non-existent or their belief that Global warming is real, but it's all part of a natural phenomenon that always existed. Of course they ignore the accelerated environmental damage during the last 200 years of the industrial age.

[Edited on 6-19-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 08:12 AM

Let's see, 15,000 years ago there were glaciers down to the Great Lakes. The central US west has risen and fallen at least 6 times in history bringing large bodies of water into and out of the area. Don't think "man" had anything to do with that.

2nd observation- Why is "man" cut out and not considered a natural evolutionary process of the earth as a whole?

One can make modeling to fit any outcome one wants. It boils down to assumptions. In the end its all guess work. Can't prove it because none of us will be around long enough to see it.

The earth moves slowly in galactic time terms. It has a far larger capacity the heal itself than anyone here can determine (volcano emissions for instance). Nothing here to panic about.

I frankly don't care what happens 1,000 years from now. It ain't gonna happen tomorrow!

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 08:17 AM

I rest my case with Cliffy's last post.

My God, I have to remind myself, this is the main area of "BN" with that last post by Cliffy.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Dali Dali-
Obviously you and I just don't get it. We should realize that if we were more intelligent we would be able to grasp the fact that the earth doesn't evolve without human interference. If all humans died today, we would freeze frame the current environmental conditions. Earth would be saved!
Sounds amazing! Although, I am still trying to figure out how the desert southwest United States was once under water. Maybe those dinosaurs were emitting too much gas and changed the balance?
Hard to tell...

Tio and Dali... I haven't heard anyone saying that there is not a natural evolution of the earth...In fact its the very ones (science) that showed the Earth is not flat (it isn't, is it?). What they are saying is there is a CONTROLLABLE influence in this evolution that is man made. We don't all want to be dinosaurs do we?
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.