Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9
Author: Subject: Palm Tree In Bahia Concepcion
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
rts551-
Please don't assume that our difference of opinion on the manmade global warming debate means that we are less intelligent than you. Condescension is a bad look for you. Regards, Tio

Just a reference to Dali's dinosaurs...don't feel insulted, none was meant. There was an honest question in there.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 01:41 PM

Stop picking on that palm tree!
But yes let's see the pictures.:bounce:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 02:05 PM

Fox News !? "Scandalous" ! ...

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/19/nasas-chilling-30-...
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 02:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Dali Dali-
Obviously you and I just don't get it. We should realize that if we were more intelligent we would be able to grasp the fact that the earth doesn't evolve without human interference. If all humans died today, we would freeze frame the current environmental conditions. Earth would be saved!
Sounds amazing! Although, I am still trying to figure out how the desert southwest United States was once under water. Maybe those dinosaurs were emitting too much gas and changed the balance?
Hard to tell...

Tio and Dali... I haven't heard anyone saying that there is not a natural evolution of the earth...In fact its the very ones (science) that showed the Earth is not flat (it isn't, is it?). What they are saying is there is a CONTROLLABLE influence in this evolution that is man made. We don't all want to be dinosaurs do we?

Well sure there is a natural evolution to the globe...
Erosion, wind, water...maybe even a warmer overall climate.

I shudder to think that man can even fathom placing controls on what comes as a natural phenom worldwide and has since sea animals crawled out of the sea and onto land.

You failed to recognize that I stated "controllable and man made". Do you shudder to fathom addressing those as well?

I fail a whole bunch..swung and missed on that last yellowtail bite....I would address you by your name but not sure what it is?....I think DK called you Ralph?

What I was attempted to elicit is what would that "controllable" part of manmade consist of?

Cars are more fuel efficient, LA smog levels way down, catalytic converters, EGR valves and even DIF fluid for diesel powered vehicles and testing of them, transitioning from oil/coal to NatGas....clean coal technologies......solar farms littering the fruited plains......wind farms on nearly every wind prone mountain edge......from Boulevard in the Laguna mountains to the Tehachapi pass out of Bakersfield. Trash, plastic, glass, paper recycling....Toss in some Federal mandates for fuel efficiency and it seems to an ordinary layman like myself.....that there exists controls right in the here and now.

How much and what more would you like to see and at what costs?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 02:27 PM

BUT BUT That's NOT the United States, That's Kalifornia.....We NEED more federal Mandates?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 02:50 PM

Dali Dali-
Obviously you and I just don't get it. We should realize that if we were more intelligent we would be able to grasp the fact that the earth doesn't evolve without human interference. If all humans died today, we would freeze frame the current environmental conditions. Earth would be saved!
Sounds amazing! Although, I am still trying to figure out how the desert southwest United States was once under water. Maybe those dinosaurs were emitting too much gas and changed the balance?
Hard to tell...

Tio and Dali... I haven't heard anyone saying that there is not a natural evolution of the earth...In fact its the very ones (science) that showed the Earth is not flat (it isn't, is it?). What they are saying is there is a CONTROLLABLE influence in this evolution that is man made. We don't all want to be dinosaurs do we?

I shudder to think that man can even fathom placing controls on what comes as a natural phenom worldwide and has since sea animals crawled out of the sea and onto land.

You failed to recognize that I stated "controllable and man made". Do you shudder to fathom addressing those as well?

I fail a whole bunch..swung and missed on that last yellowtail bite....I would address you by your name but not sure what it is?....I think DK called you Ralph?

What I was attempted to elicit is what would that "controllable" part of manmade consist of?

Cars are more fuel efficient, LA smog levels way down, catalytic converters, EGR valves and even DIF fluid for diesel powered vehicles and testing of them, transitioning from oil/coal to NatGas....clean coal technologies......solar farms littering the fruited plains......wind farms on nearly every wind prone mountain edge......from Boulevard in the Laguna mountains to the Tehachapi pass out of Bakersfield. Trash, plastic, glass, paper recycling....Toss in some Federal mandates for fuel efficiency and it seems to an ordinary layman like myself.....that there exists controls right in the here and now.

now maybe a layman like yourself can explain this to the chinese?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:35 PM
Extra, Extra, Read all about it

As revealed by Archangel Uriel:

"The Illuminati are pushing the themes of global warming, adverse climate change, the rising of the world’s oceans, extinction of species, and flooding of landmass. These themes have very little truth to them. Behind them is the Illuminati’s quest for world domination."

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2015/11/20/truth-global-warming-...

:spingrin:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:37 PM
By request... for your eyes only

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

VS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

VS.

Not just the palm tree clump is still above the typical high tide point, but the flats behind it... occasionally get flooded, but still normally above the sea, 65 years later!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:41 PM
In the wise words of President Trump

"I believe there’s weather. I believe there’s change, and I believe it goes up and it goes down, and it goes up again.”

The guy is a deep thinker.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:44 PM

Deep, Man, Deep.....

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

Not just the palm tree clump is still above the typical high tide point, but the flats behind it... occasionally get flooded, but still normally above the sea, 65 years later!

Whoa now DK.......Al Gore told all of us that we would be calf high in seawater about now.

What gives? He didn't oversell the whole thing did he?...Nah..

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 03:58 PM

Because of the higher water, the sand deposited on the beach by the gentle wave action and high tides is higher making it appear as though nothing has changed.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 04:02 PM

Dali Dali-
Hard to tell...

Yes, exactly and more can be done after the fight over cost/benefit is over.

Ralph.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Because of the higher water, the sand deposited on the beach by the gentle wave action and high tides is higher making it appear as though nothing has changed.

The flats behind the palm and beach are still dry... salt flats all around Baja and the lagoons and marshes everywhere are still no deeper in the sea or wetter more often.

I know this is a religion to many and you are not to question your authority figures/ masters. I just think this whole drama-driven issue is so clear to see if you care to look. Living clean is great... solar energy is great. None of us who know the sea is not higher don't deny facts and the science which is observation, not prediction.

There may be rising sea levels by millimeters and the earth may be warming ever so tiny during our short life here. There just is no reason to cause panic, scare kids, raise taxes, grow the government (which reduces our freedoms). No amount of taxes will change the climate. Find something real to get worked up about or go have a beer.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 04:55 PM

Dali Dali-
Hard to tell...

Yes, exactly and more can be done after the fight over cost/benefit is over.

Ralph.

By golly.....I think were making progress here.

Now please Ralph......if only for grins, what more would you like to see, that is beyond what has already been said, that would "control" the climate?

[Edited on 6-19-2018 by DaliDali]

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 05:02 PM

Last time I was at the beach it was hot , I got sweaty and had sand up my Butt crack, same as it always was ....

And the water , was refreshing .......

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

The flats behind the palm and beach are still dry... salt flats all around Baja and the lagoons and marshes everywhere are still no deeper in the sea or wetter more often.

I know this is a religion to many and you are not to question your authority figures/ masters. I just think this whole drama-driven issue is so clear to see if you care to look. Living clean is great... solar energy is great. None of us who know the sea is not higher don't deny facts and the science which is observation, not prediction.

There may be rising sea levels by millimeters and the earth may be warming ever so tiny during our short life here. There just is no reason to cause panic, scare kids, raise taxes, grow the government (which reduces our freedoms). No amount of taxes will change the climate. Find something real to get worked up about or go have a beer.

Whoa now David....you mean to say that those politicians and "experts" lied when they told us that taxing the wellhead "source" would indeed lower global temps? :?::spingrin:

I could have swore I heard that in CA anyway, the taxes collected were squandered on things TOTALLY unrelated to global warming?

Say it ain't so?

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 05:40 PM
Read it now!!

John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

https://tinyurl.com/zvzkapj

:lol:

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 05:55 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Making it appear as though nothing has changed....

:lol::lol::lol:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 05:57 PM

I tell ya, it's like magic. :lol:

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by SFandH]

Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.