Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Dali Dali-
Obviously you and I just don't get it. We should realize that if we were more intelligent we would be able to grasp the fact that the earth doesn't evolve without human interference. If all humans died today, we would freeze frame the current environmental conditions. Earth would be saved!
Sounds amazing! Although, I am still trying to figure out how the desert southwest United States was once under water. Maybe those dinosaurs were emitting too much gas and changed the balance?
Hard to tell...

Tio and Dali... I haven't heard anyone saying that there is not a natural evolution of the earth...In fact its the very ones (science) that showed the Earth is not flat (it isn't, is it?). What they are saying is there is a CONTROLLABLE influence in this evolution that is man made. We don't all want to be dinosaurs do we?

Well sure there is a natural evolution to the globe...
Erosion, wind, water...maybe even a warmer overall climate.

I shudder to think that man can even fathom placing controls on what comes as a natural phenom worldwide and has since sea animals crawled out of the sea and onto land.

You failed to recognize that I stated "controllable and man made". Do you shudder to fathom addressing those as well?

I fail a whole bunch..swung and missed on that last yellowtail bite....I would address you by your name but not sure what it is?....I think DK called you Ralph?

What I was attempted to elicit is what would that "controllable" part of manmade consist of?

Cars are more fuel efficient, LA smog levels way down, catalytic converters, EGR valves and even DIF fluid for diesel powered vehicles and testing of them, transitioning from oil/coal to NatGas....clean coal technologies......solar farms littering the fruited plains......wind farms on nearly every wind prone mountain edge......from Boulevard in the Laguna mountains to the Tehachapi pass out of Bakersfield. Trash, plastic, glass, paper recycling....Toss in some Federal mandates for fuel efficiency and it seems to an ordinary layman like myself.....that there exists controls right in the here and now.

How much and what more would you like to see and at what costs?

Yes, exactly and more can be done after the fight over cost/benefit is over.

Ralph.

By golly.....I think were making progress here.

Now please Ralph......if only for grins, what more would you like to see, that is beyond what has already been said, that would "control" the climate?

[Edited on 6-19-2018 by DaliDali]

Focus some time and energy on power generation emissions. "Cleaning up power plants is one of the most important steps the U.S. can take to reduce the threat of global warming. In 2012, U.S. power plants produced more carbon pollution than the entire economies of Russia, India, Japan or any other nation besides China. In fact, the 50 dirtiest U.S. power plants alone – representing less than 1 percent of U.S. power plants – produced as much pollution in 2012 as the nation of South Korea (the world’s seventh leading emitter of greenhouse gases)."

In the last year we took a step backwards...and I do not care which administration gets credit for it.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 08:27 PM

Ralph......

What do you think is the reason that power plants to took a "step backwards" in cleaning up?

Or was this code speak to get in a shot at the current administration?

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by DaliDali]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2018 at 09:24 PM

Hundreds of under water volcanoes in the Antarctic create a unique environment of hot water upwelling causing melting in regions. Antartic is among the most dynamically rich regions for sea life globally due to warm water upwelling and has been forever with rapid ice melts and ice grows due to volcanic activity unrelated to human contribution of CO2 which is practically impersceptable.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 04:09 AM

I think we still got like 350 or so old creaky belching coal fired power plants.
They are closing them because they are unprofitable.
Cheaper cleaner fuel is available.
Capitalism wins again.
Ha, ha... damn we're good!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

None of us who know the sea is not higher don't deny facts and the science which is observation, not prediction.

you just denied fact, with incredibly poor 'science'
nobody bothers with your ignorance anymore
carry on

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by bezzell]
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 07:45 AM

Stunning Ignorance=fool looking in “the referee journal” for more disinformation put out by other fools.
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 07:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Stunning Ignorance=fool looking in “the referee journal” for more disinformation put out by other fools.

so can we put you on the 'it's the volcanoes' list ?? :lol::lol::lol:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  

so can we put you on the 'it's the volcanoes' list ?? :lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely! If it helps distance me from the Al Gore worshipers cult.
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 09:35 AM

Absolutely! If it helps distance me from the Al Gore worshipers cult.

grasping at straws vs peer reviewed science.
you'll go to your grave never figuring it out. guaranteed (sp)

ni modo
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 09:44 AM

"you'll go to your grave never figuring it out. guaranteed "

And even IF one does figure it out, there's not a Damn thing any of us can do about it, SO
" It just doesn't matter !!"

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
"you'll go to your grave never figuring it out. guaranteed "

And even IF one does figure it out, there's not a Damn thing any of us can do about it, SO
" It just doesn't matter !!"

At this stage ... you are 100% correct, is my belief.

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by bezzell]
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 10:20 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4192182/World...

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 11:04 AM

who here actually believes the "daily mail"?

(other than david)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia...

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by willardguy]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 11:18 AM

GW champions will champion

Deniers will deny...

And the sun will surely rise everyday until we all perish.

I just hope the Dorado show up in Loreto this year

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 11:44 AM

I wonder if the Sun could be the primary driver of temperature?

sun_jove_earth_size_compare_600x417.jpg - 80kB
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 12:01 PM

its the volcanos ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/19/not-just-heat-climate-c...
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 12:12 PM

It's the body heat of 8 billion people.

John
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 01:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Hundreds of under water volcanoes in the Antarctic create a unique environment of hot water upwelling causing melting in regions. Antartic is among the most dynamically rich regions for sea life globally due to warm water upwelling and has been forever with rapid ice melts and ice grows due to volcanic activity unrelated to human contribution of CO2 which is practically impersceptable.

Nice try, and while scientific recently found over 91 new below the Antarctic ice sheet, the scientist still don't know how many are dormant and how many are erupting. But it's probably a given some volcanoes are active, that still doesn't let "mankind" off with all the Greenhouse gases we are causing which is believed to create giant vortex of winds around Antarctica, which in turn melts ice, and causes global warming.

The Observer Scientists discover 91 volcanoes below Antarctic ice sheet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scientists-dis...

An Ill Wind Blows in Antarctica, Threatens Global Flooding

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/antarctic-winds-melting-i...

[Edited on 6-20-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4192182/World...

Nice try Cliffy. but the "Daily Mail" is nothing but an UK tabloid, written for low IQ, far-right Brits, and the lying rag is similar to our "National Enquirer" but with an right-wing bent that writes a lot of BS.

Wikipedia, even banned the "Daily Mail" as an unreliable source. It's saying something that Wikipedia, allows links from "Fox News, and RT( Russian today, the propaganda arm of the Russian government) but Wikipedia, calls out the "Daily Mail" as being fake news that nobody should trust.

BTW anybody paying attention, could probably tell the link Cliffy, posted from the "Daily Mail" is pure BS, because there is not just one document, or scientific study, that proves our leaders were duped, or that global warming is real, or not real. There are lots of studies, scientific papers, and consensus/agreement among the scientist that say Global warming is real, and mankind, is greatly contributing to the problem. I highly doubt one paper alone is going to dupe Obama or any other leader in the world.

Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source

Online encyclopaedia editors rule out publisher as a reference citing ‘reputation for poor fact checking and sensationalism’

editors have voted to ban the Daily Mail as a source for the website in all but exceptional circumstances after deeming the news group “generally unreliable”.

The move is highly unusual for the online encyclopaedia, which rarely puts in place a blanket ban on publications and which still allows links to sources such as Kremlin backed news organisation Russia Today, and Fox News, both of which have raised concern among editors.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia...

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2018 at 02:59 PM

You kind of made my point as this Nobel Laureate talks about in his opening sentence-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.