Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fun weekend so far!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2018 at 05:51 PM
Fun weekend so far!

My friend Cyndi and I went to Abreojos yesterday for a spa day!

One of my students from years ago went to a school in Ensenada that trained her in spa treatments (facials. massage, mani and pedicures). She just set up a small spa location in Punta Abreojos so we went to Juanita's for lunch first.

While there, we met a group of 7 guys who were family and friends (grandpa -son - grandson - nephews and friends) who were on their last day of surfing. Waves have been amazing, the one we talked to said. They were exhausted from going out 3 to 4 times a day.

As we were leaving, he asked if I had anyone to donate clothes to...his nice but no longer needed swim trunks and jeans and shirts. Turns out Matt is a high school remedial teacher in Imperial Beach and was good friends with Stan who passed away in Bahia Asuncion.

1.jpg - 220kB

Cyndi and I leave and tell them we have to hurry to our massage. It was a great massage! Not deep tissue but relaxing and her price was 400 pesos. FOR ONE HOUR. Heaven for me!

4.jpg - 186kB

2.jpg - 129kB

This morning, Les suggests we go for breakfast at Juanita's -

here is the new road and all the clouds that hurricane Bud was kind enough to send us:

8.jpg - 90kB

Inside Juanita's - I had an excellent omelette with really good chilaquiles, Les had huevos rancheros, his favorite breakfast.

5.jpg - 167kB

From there we visited one of the local ferreterrias owned by Professor Alfredo. For years now, whenever I have students who intend to major in engineering, I send them to him for private Math prep lessons. He used to be a college professor and he really works them hard. A sponsor recently gave me some extra cash and 2 students will be spending this month working really hard. Both Alen and Ramiro did these classes in 2014. After their first semester in college, they told me they were the only two males in their class to pass.

6.jpg - 136kB

Professor Alfredo looks kind of scary but he really loves teaching and promised to really work them hard...One day Michelle and Luis Gustavo will thank me.

rsz_scholarship__students_and_me_2018.jpg - 143kB

Michelle is the one standing next to me, Luis Gustavo is the one at the very end.

Soccer games tomorrow - lots of games with the world cup - like I say, very fun weekend in Baja!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2018 at 06:37 PM

Here is Michelle's message from moments ago, after the first prep class - I am doing our hw. Class went very well. Thanks Blanca (happy face).

I knew Alfredo would challenge her intellect, she is one smart, extremely motivated, student. I bet she wins him over bigtime, she is one of those students any teacher loves.

"Ya estoy haciendo nuestra primer tarea

Todo muy bien.. Gracias Blanca ☺👍🏽"

I forgot to mention two things, last night Les and I went to the Cabañas restaurant here in La Bocana and the hamburger was GREAT and the margarita even GREATER!!

1.jpg - 176kB

and

We had some computer issues, so David, one of my sponsored students brother's who did not go into college, came by to fix our computers. Knowing that the family struggles to make ends meet, guess who got the clothes that Matt donated yesterday?

You got it.

7.jpg - 144kB

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-16-2018 at 06:53 PM
Juanitas- great breakfast

We stopped at the Pemex last week and gassed up
Asked the attendant where to eat breakfast and he sent us to Juanita's
Great choice
Loved the chilaquiles!!
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 12:54 PM

Glad those surfers mentioned Stan. I hung out with him the summer months I stayed in Asuncion. Matt and the IB Bros also hang in Todos Santos with others..teachers and Lifeguards. All great guys! Thanks for post Blanca.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 01:41 PM

Blanca, don't get people too excited about the new road. What a disappointment.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-17-2018 at 08:55 PM

The Spa sounds awesome, and well priced!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2018 at 08:38 AM

Ralph...............it is amazing how what should have been an excellent event has turned into a fiasco.

Two families have not allowed the road through their property, so the road stops after a couple kilometers, turns into dirt again, then continues. Before one ever hits the second paved part, there is a side exit to the salt flats (locally known as the La Bocana Freeway).

Crazy situation and we heard the governor was coming to handle it - that has not happened.

Yes tio, those IB guys are the ones who go to Todos Santos and surf. Matt was so happy about the waves in Punta Abreojos. He is one very busy guy - he does the beach safety in the States, plus teaches.

The spa is very reasonable, it is NOT a deep tissue massage but it sure was fun.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.