Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fishing Charter La Paz
wyatthurley55
Junior Nomad

Mood: Craving Pacifico

[*] posted on 6-21-2018 at 10:25 AM
Fishing Charter La Paz

I'm looking to find a fishing charter for the 21st of July for 6 adults and a child. Preferably something with a cabin. I usually fish Cabo with Red Rum but would like to try something new. Everything I have found so far is almost double the price. Any info on a good charter would be appreciated. Thanks
torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2018 at 11:40 AM

tailhunter international -johnathan roldan. He has always taken good care of my groups in the past.
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2018 at 07:54 PM

Contact Patrick at Baja Adventure Co.

bajaadventureco.com

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2018 at 11:26 AM

Tailhunters in a good outfitter but they operate pangas. Baja Pirates is the only outfitter in town that have cruiser style boats in their fleet. A Parker, a Defiant and a Grady White.

In Memory of E-57
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 03:39 PM

All depends on what you want. You can book through Tailhunter and drive for an hour and a half at 5 am and get a tired old panga without Sombra. It does come with a old tired Capitan that just wants to go home as fast as he can for $400.
Baja pirates ... well just read the name. 1 1/2 hour beating to the fishing grounds from La Paz.

We tried both of these outfitters and our find has been....

Personally when we charter, we end up in La Ventana/ El Sargento, which is 1/2 the time from La Paz, get a young Capitan with a newer Panga who wants to get you fish. They run $200 a day with sombras. 30 min. ride to Cerralvo island...not getting pounded.

Or better yet find a $150/night beachfront house in La Ventana/ El Sargento and have the Capitan pick you up 30 meters from your house. Clean and package fish for you and drop you off back at your beachfront home. That is what we do now and will never go back to the others.

Or go with others and pay in more ways than one. ..Drive over an hour back after hours in the sun without shade. Personally we like the A/C when we get off the boat with our fish packaged and a 8 pack of cold beer ready.

u2u me for contacts as this should not be a advertising site.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2018 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
All depends on what you want. You can book through Tailhunter and drive for an hour and a half at 5 am and get a tired old panga without Sombra. It does come with a old tired Capitan that just wants to go home as fast as he can for $400.
Baja pirates ... well just read the name. 1 1/2 hour beating to the fishing grounds from La Paz.

We tried both of these outfitters and our find has been....

Personally when we charter, we end up in La Ventana/ El Sargento, which is 1/2 the time from La Paz, get a young Capitan with a newer Panga who wants to get you fish. They run $200 a day with sombras. 30 min. ride to Cerralvo island...not getting pounded.

Or better yet find a $150/night beachfront house in La Ventana/ El Sargento and have the Capitan pick you up 30 meters from your house. Clean and package fish for you and drop you off back at your beachfront home. That is what we do now and will never go back to the others.

Or go with others and pay in more ways than one. ..Drive over an hour back after hours in the sun without shade. Personally we like the A/C when we get off the boat with our fish packaged and a 8 pack of cold beer ready.

u2u me for contacts as this should not be a advertising site.
This is an option but everything is premised on fishing the Muertos area and he specifically requested a cruiser with cabin which is not available on that side.

El Sargento/La Ventana is closer to Muertos but there's not a damn thing to do once you get in from fishing. What he has asked for is only available on the La Paz side and the run to the fishing area is pretty equal. Muertos = Punta Perico/Cerralvo. La Paz = Espititu Santos/ the Bajo/ La Reina.

In Memory of E-57
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2018 at 06:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by torch  
tailhunter international -johnathan roldan. He has always taken good care of my groups in the past.

Agreed!

Making America Great Again
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 11:09 AM

wyatthurley55,

Please post your trip report when you can. We are leaving early August and looking for recommendations and tips of advice as well....

Appreciate it!
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 09:43 PM

available at Costa Baja
ipgindustrial@me.com

4d728c6c-e3d7-4b07-924f-e68d9d1cd0c3.jpg - 58kB
wyatthurley55
Junior Nomad

Mood: Craving Pacifico

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone, Ill post pics when I get back.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 04:39 PM

hola lengua,

ipgindustrial@me.com doesn't work. i entered it and it doesn't come up. is it misspelled ?

what do they charge daily, approx. 7a.m. till 2 or 3 ?

do they have good fishing equipment or should i bring my own ?

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 05:20 PM

wyatthurley - I may be too late for you sorry .. We work with a 46' Bertram in La Paz.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT that is an email address not a website - hope that helps

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 03:17 AM

hola CaboMagic,

i thank you for the info.

do you know what they charge and what do you charge for those hours.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 03:44 PM

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Sorry I don't know - you might try sending them an email.
Best wishes

Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2018 at 10:49 AM

Baja.Desert.Rat,

Thanks for the inquiry-U2U sent

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
wyatthurley - I may be too late for you sorry .. We work with a 46' Bertram in La Paz.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT that is an email address not a website - hope that helps

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.