Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Go Fast Tuck Campers?
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 09:25 AM
Go Fast Tuck Campers?

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with this new company. www.gofastcampers.com It looks like a well made popup style thats also light weight.

I currently have a 2015 Palomino popup that I absolutley hate, Just too bulky, I'd like something stout simple like this.
Thoughts?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 11:22 AM

Nice Tacoma campers...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 11:30 AM

Go fast? In Baja? Go home!
Exactly the people I don't want to see.
Inconsiderate. Leaving locals in the dust. Don't slow down for oncoming traffic. Churn up the roads/trails.
Only a matter of time before we have signs like in Spain.

"Tourists go home!"

Harald Pietschmann
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 11:30 AM

The build quality looks great, Not sure I read it right, but 250lbs is good too. They're showing them at an offroad expo near me this wknd so I think I'll go have a look.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 03:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Go fast? In Baja? Go home!
Exactly the people I don't want to see.
Inconsiderate. Leaving locals in the dust. Don't slow down for oncoming traffic. Churn up the roads/trails.
Only a matter of time before we have signs like in Spain.

"Tourists go home!"

Gee Harald, it is just the name of the company... a dumb name maybe, but not the future actions of customers.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 03:39 PM

their web sites says - go fast and don't worry about your load
the name is the program

names are very important - otherwise, why do we think so much about them when we create them?

Harald Pietschmann
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 04:26 PM

Granted, Its a stupid name, Too bad they didn't put as much thought into it as they did the quality of the build.

Looks like a good alternative between heavy truck campers, Camper shells, and Tent topper type rigs.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 04:50 PM

Speed is a way of testing equipment. The Baja 1000 is a popular event to test products to make them better. If the product can last one Baja race, it may last a lifetime of cruising in low range... like you and I like to do Harald!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 06:05 PM

Not much of a camper. more like just a pop-up shell.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 07:50 PM

Looks like a PITA to get out to pee at nite, having to lift up a floor hatch, then drop down into a pickup bed, open a tail gate, all while trying to not trip over stuff in a PU bed full of gear....
I can pitch a tent in 5 minutes, and it’s roomier, and easy-peasy to get out of to pee at nite.
Those flimsy doors won’t last 30 seconds against a thief.
My PU canopy requires some effort to break into, and my PU canopy is strong enough to carry 100s of pounds of boats and bikes on the roof.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 08:13 PM

Goat I thought you had a 4 Runner. What did you do buy a Tacoma on DK's recommendation.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2018 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Goat I thought you had a 4 Runner. What did you do buy a Tacoma on DK's recommendation.

The 4Runner has gone away, now driving an f150 crewcab 4x4
Tried the Tacoma, then tried the f150 and there was no comparison, Ford won over toyota, no contest!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.