Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: BOLA murders
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
"Not to go public" means to not share emails or details on Internet forums, like Baja Nomad. Anyone can read Baja Nomad.

I was just trying to give the reason why that they asked for silence for those of you who needed an answer, that's all.

Yes David K, I understand that you are just passing along information, but because you are passing along such explosive information, which looks to me to be nothing but rumor, gossip, and chisme.

The mere fact you are repeating such a dubious claim, you are putting your reputation on the line because you are a long time member of "Baja Nomad" and many or some members respect what you say, and it's like you're implying you actually believe one suspect of the Jo Anne Butler and Ray Ball, killers have been arrested, and the other is still walking around town, while the Mexican authorities are gathering evidence, and the ex-pats in BOLA, are trading emails discussing the impending arrest of the second suspect.

Yet to date there is no news of any arrests, impending arrests, or even one shred of evidence of any arrest or impending arrest.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 07:12 AM

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!Watch your image DK!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 07:23 AM

LOL, okay chuckie!

I don't have to be in the loop on L.A. Bay to see the obvious and know that Mexico operates on its own rules of life. I was just sharing what was obvious to me for those here who don't seem to have a clue that Mexico is a different country with different customs on dealing with crime.

If you are scared, stay away.
If you want to know, as a local, in person.
If you want to enjoy Baja, go!

It can't be more dangerous than most American cities!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Finchaser2020
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 11:11 AM

It is not more dangerous than this headline today...

"At least 71 shot, 12 killed in Chicago over violent summer weekend, police department says"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 11:19 AM

I don't know why people continue to try and compare Baja to the USA.. First of all they are different, culturally, legally, geographically.. Second of all I care about what happens on the peninsula since I live here, not Chicago.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 11:57 AM

Exactly! And the important information is how much the cartel gang violence is spilling over to baja gringo victims, tourists or residents. What goes on elsewhere doesn't make any difference at all to my Baja travel plans.

[Edited on 8-6-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 12:37 PM

Yah Mans....Don't be scares....Keep every thing in perceptive.......:?:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Finchaser2020  

"At least 71 shot, 12 killed in Chicago over violent summer weekend, police department says"

I would agree with you Finchaser, but you have to be careful with your statistics because fear mongers, alarmists, and scaredy cat, will quickly point out to you that Chicago has a population of 2.7 million and Cabo, has a population of 300,000, and BOLA has 100 gringo ex-pats.( now 3 murders this past year)

They will tell you that Cabo is the most dangerous city in the world, and if they could figure out the math, they will tell you that BOLA is even more DANGEROUS than Cabo, the most dangerous city in the world, based on homocides per 100,000!

They will also tell you don't compare Chicago to any Mexican city, although they will personally always be comparing the US to Mexico, and then come away telling you that the US is superior to Mexico.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 01:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by Finchaser2020  

I would agree with you Finchaser, but you have to be careful with your statistics because fear mongers, alarmists, and scaredy cat, will quickly point out to you that Chicago has a population of 2.7 million and Cabo, has a population of 300,000, and BOLA has 100 gringo ex-pats.( now 3 murders this past year)

They will tell you that Cabo is the most dangerous city in the world, and if they could figure out the math, they will tell you that BOLA is even more DANGEROUS than Cabo, the most dangerous city in the world, based on homocides per 100,000!

They will also tell you don't compare Chicago to any Mexican city, although they will personally always be comparing the US to Mexico, and then come away telling you that the US is superior to Mexico.

Silly boy. Most people I know that actually live in Mexico find it superior to the USA.
redmercury
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 02:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Silly boy. Most people I know that actually live in Mexico find it superior to the USA.

Isn't that an example of sampling bias? One would think that the people who find Mexico inferior to the USA would have moved back to the USA.
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 03:01 PM

There you have it RM. I'm a goin right friggin now. Just scared out of my wits! Adios all!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by redmercury  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Isn't that an example of sampling bias? One would think that the people who find Mexico inferior to the USA would have moved back to the USA.

Don't know..There are some whiners in Mexico. You have to ask Joe. First you have to figure out who the "they" are.

[Edited on 8-7-2018 by rts551]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-8-2018 at 11:37 AM

Can we now put to bed the rumor, that the murderers of Jo Anne Butler and Ray Ball, have been arrested or are the verge of being arrested, and just believe at this point it's unlikely the killer(s) will ever be caught, despite what the wild rumors say?

Quote: Originally posted by 4baja  
the cops and the people in town know who committed these murders, one of the pricks is in jail now and there building a case against the others. what I cant figure out is why there still walking around the streets of BOLA and not in jail pending:?:

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
People who live there are exchanging emails on the murder update news and have asked everyone to not go public to protect the investigation (bad guys read the Internet, too).

Mateo-Feo
Nomad

Mood: MuchoTakeitEasy

[*] posted on 9-20-2018 at 08:21 PM

The murder made the San Diego Reader. Odd but good to be raising awareness. We just left there and the Marines had made quite a presence. Checkpoints in town and a checkpoint at the turn off from the Mex 1. They also called Bahia “Baja Sur” so take the article with a grain of salt. I hope nobody takes this as insensitivity but there is Dorado under the military ship in the bay. Just an FYI https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sandiegoreader.com/news/201...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 06:23 AM

Anyone ever arrested for these murders?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 10:42 AM

Interesting, article "Devil in the Bay of Angeles, by Eva Knott, in "San Diego Reader, but keep in mind, the San Diego Reader, is mostly made up wannabee newspaper reporters, who write for a hobby, or perhaps in hopes a real newspaper sees their work, and hires them as a paid free lance reporter.

Eva Knott, seems to cover court cases in San Diego and Baja, especially if an incident, involved an animal like a dog. I think because the Dog was killed in the Ray Ball, and Jo Anne Butler, double homocide, it might have motivated her to write the article.

Although, I found the article interesting, Eva Knott, seems to lack professionalism of a real journalist, the way she kept mentioning Eddie, as her main character in her article like it was a screen play, and at the end of the day, the article is full of rumor, and seems designed to want to scare American Tourists, about Baja, by making it seem like everybody in BOLA is scared over this one deadly incident.

There is another article with a little more credibility than the "San Diego Reader, "that mentions another possibility motivation of the murder of Ray Ball, and Jo Anne Butler, and in the article, they believe they know who the real murderers are?????

If I find the article again I will re-post it soon, and if others read the same article, feel free to post and translate the article so I don't have to.

It could also be the reason so many emails were being exchanged among the ex-pats in BOLA about knowing who the murderers are, but most didn't say a peep in public about the latest allegation going around.

[Edited on 9-21-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Anyone ever arrested for these murders?

No. Their jefe was, not clear what he had to do with this, but the authorities were keeping a tab on him for a while and this incident was a good excuse.
Names of suspects have been published. That's all.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 02:29 PM

So? Business as usual, shamefully.....

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Interesting, article "Devil in the Bay of Angeles, by Eva Knott, in "San Diego Reader, but keep in mind, the San Diego Reader, is mostly made up wannabee newspaper reporters, who write for a hobby, or perhaps in hopes a real newspaper sees their work, and hires them as a paid free lance reporter.

Eva Knott, seems to cover court cases in San Diego and Baja, especially if an incident, involved an animal like a dog. I think because the Dog was killed in the Ray Ball, and Jo Anne Butler, double homocide, it might have motivated her to write the article.

Although, I found the article interesting, Eva Knott, seems to lack professionalism of a real journalist, the way she kept mentioning Eddie, as her main character in her article like it was a screen play, and at the end of the day, the article is full of rumor, and seems designed to want to scare American Tourists, about Baja, by making it seem like everybody in BOLA is scared over this one deadly incident.

There is another article with a little more credibility than the "San Diego Reader, "that mentions another possibility motivation of the murder of Ray Ball, and Jo Anne Butler, and in the article, they believe they know who the real murderers are?????

If I find the article again I will re-post it soon, and if others read the same article, feel free to post and translate the article so I don't have to.

It could also be the reason so many emails were being exchanged among the ex-pats in BOLA about knowing who the murderers are, but most didn't say a peep in public about the latest allegation going around.

[Edited on 9-21-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

So, we should discount these legitimate journalists who do this for a living, and believe YOU on an internet message board?

Got it. :rolleyes:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-21-2018 at 02:37 PM

Whaddaya mean chuckles? They investigated. They snatched three guys and pinned the murders on these guys. Perhaps one of the weapons seized was used in the shootings and this will come out at trial.

Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.