Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: BFG
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 03:57 PM

Looks very close. Bottom picture lucky I checked you can no longer use factory slot to get spare tire out. So cut a slot behind Lic plate if need spare tire.

thumbnail tape.jpg - 156kB thumbnail.jpg - 107kB
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 11:13 AM

Looking good. When you are done fine tuning that intake spacer take it to one of those race shops and have them copy it with tig welded stainless. Would look cool.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 11:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
My tires now are Toyos they have been great but only 24,000K have worn out. When we gonna Wheel TMW

I've got Toyos and that doesn't sound good.

This fall I think things will be ready for me to get out of Dodge and hit the dirt. I'll let you know as it gets closer.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Looking good. When you are done fine tuning that intake spacer take it to one of those race shops and have them copy it with tig welded stainless. Would look cool.
I'm not done tuning on it Ed I cant spend another dime on. Inner Cooler spacer as total money in spacer so far is six dollars. Yes I know it looks like it HAAAAA:)
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
I'm not done tuning on it Ed I cant spend another dime on. Inner Cooler spacer as total money in spacer so far is six dollars. Yes I know it looks like it HAAAAA:)

Prototype. Looks like you have been busy. Did Andrea have to go back again?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 07:58 PM

Yes return August this time try to move her up to bigger bike. Today I tried to put rubber gasket on top inner cooler Mr. ED. No good the rivets putting bumps on rubber gasket. FIXED spot welded it from inside. Then ground rivets almost flat. Rubber gasket glued on will post when I mount. So far over 80 hours labor of my useless time. Would have been way cheaper to buy your Great Jeep.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2018 at 08:11 PM

Today a friend showed up with a lifted Toyota SUV with a brand new spare tire bfg 285 75 16. Nice guy I took his spare and had it removed from his rim. Then installed on mine it fits with mud flap off it is a lot bigger then my tires. So I will not go to the 295 as more trouble to get odd ball size.

bfg 285 16.jpg - 160kB
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2018 at 08:48 PM

Problem solved.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2018 at 09:58 PM

Also a lot cheaper 285 v 295.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 08:33 AM

Perfect Larry!

The 285 series are popular with the lifted Tacomas on TacomaWorld.com forums.

I have the height-adjustable Bilstein 5100 shocks (up to 2.5" lift) but only set them at just under 1" lift over stock to firm it up as I am running 265/75-16 tires (1" taller than stock) and they don't rub at the stock height.

Viva Baja 4x4s!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 09:07 AM

Today a friend showed up with a lifted Toyota SUV with a brand new spare tire bfg 285 75 16. Nice guy I took his spare and had it removed from his rim. Then installed on mine it fits with mud flap off it is a lot bigger then my tires. So I will not go to the 295 as more trouble to get odd ball size.

Looks good. Is that ride height or is it on the jack?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 01:26 PM

No jack stands Ed but only one 33in tire makes it look higher then it is. Next week I hope to go Ensenada shopping tires. My Brothers kids are here first time. With two other guys they have there 500s and 450s. There pro riders my bad luck Ed I cant even see there dust. I already took them on my hard routes. The elder is 30 just goes up one hand waving. Only Jack here is at there level.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2018 at 12:43 PM

So for fun today called Costco Ensenada they want over 50.00 more per tire. Also 8 days to get them I will Check little more in Ensenada. If not I need go to the States in Aug anyway.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2018 at 01:17 PM

Check with TERSA tires...I have had good luck with their prices.

http://tersallantas.com/ubicacion/

They also make their own brand that is a knock-off of the KO2.

[Edited on 7-23-2018 by rts551]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2018 at 01:36 PM

Thank you will give then a call .
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-23-2018 at 01:41 PM

I see they have a place in Colonia V. Guerrero, as well as Ensenada? You got one coming and going, Larry!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2018 at 07:12 PM

Yes David Ensenada would have more stock at least I know why Costco Expensive. He said they come from the states but 8 days wait no deal from them. My truck also has front lift adjust but with torsion bars up to 2in. With aftermarket off road Upper control arms 3in lift.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 02:31 PM

Called Tersa tires 4 at 285 16s mount bal and align. Using my pesos I got at 19.89 543.58 in dollars. My friend in Ensenada has them 4 years now on his truck. Since he is real hard on his truck should be good. Unless you guys had bad luck with them.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 05:59 PM

Called Tersa tires 4 at 285 16s mount bal and align. Using my pesos I got at 19.89 543.58 in dollars. My friend in Ensenada has them 4 years now on his truck. Since he is real hard on his truck should be good. Unless you guys had bad luck with them.

If you are talking about the TERSA knockoffs, I know a few people that have used them. Not a one has had a problem. I am going to put them on my Jeep.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:43 PM

Thank you Rt will report back.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.