Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: BFG
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 04:34 PM

Ok went to Ensenada today the store I called one day before. One block South Costco same side. To my surprise they even give me a better deal then quoted on the phone. By looks of the tire the side wall ugly compared to KO2. Its is same height 32.8 tread looks good like BFG . They where very nice not throwing me out of store as I explained . I'm a gear head want it done my way. Align truck first with old tires then show me spec. Then no impact gun to torque lug nuts. Also stick on weights. He said good we do it your way. All good I see the guy putting lug nuts on loose with hand wrench. Then he leaves in his car I ask the other tire installer. Why did he leave HAAAAA He said to get a torque wrench. I said dang I got one in the truck. Tires at 30psi little stiffer ride as to be expected but good. Also good pavement manners. Soon the big test let um down to 18psi and see over wash broad do they beat me to death. Thank you RT and David will post pictures and yes truck is way up now. Other benefit little more speed and less RPMs. Pictures little later Thank you all big help.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 07:37 AM

thumbnail tire view.jpg - 177kB thumbnailnew tire.jpg - 135kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:02 AM

The truck is way up with new tires also helped lower Rpm over 75mph. On dirt road to get to house they where ok will take it 4wd to test.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:08 AM

What do the sidewalls of the tires say? Brand name, etc.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:11 AM

I will get picture of ugly side wall HAAAA
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:19 AM

I will always be a fan of BFGs as two sets on my Dodge diesel are great. If these are over half as good then good deal. As very close to half the price. Now to deal with needing 33 15 on bronco and 35s 15 on pre runner Toyota. Would recommend this tire shop as clean great service and take care of the customer.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:35 AM

thumbnail side wall numbers.jpg - 161kB thumbnailback mud flap.jpg - 186kB Now I like them more D rated instead of E rated also less Weight rating at 3305 8 ply tire. As my truck very light for e rated tires. Before I got to tire shop I heated rear mud flaps bent them back to clear new tires. Now need to find a way to remount front mug flaps.:)
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:39 AM

TERSA tires. not sold in te USA as far as I know. Numerous outlets in Baja and Baja Sur. The people I know love them. I had a set of car tires for a short while before the car was stolen.

[Edited on 7-26-2018 by rts551]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:44 AM

Not much sidewall meat, but that is good for sand, deflated.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:50 AM

after a neighbor suggested I use Tersa for alignment after I installed a lift, I was impressed with the store but disappointed after they had it on the lift the manager came to me and said sorry, because of the lift we can't help you:?: I still don't quite get it.....but like Discount Tersa will fix flats free as long as you have a tire that they sell and offer lifetime rotation. nice shops!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 09:43 AM

Tersa tires
Here is a sales pitch in Spanish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAP0zkapgg
I could not find squat about the tire, but lots of info on the Tersa corporation
Tersa Llantas based in Tijuana is a growing tire store chain (actually a huge company) and apparently, they now have their own branded tire – “TERSA”. They are a distributer of Michelin products for Baja such as BFG and others. They have a great number of tire stores, so I suspect it is a franchise organization, but cannot verify. They have a bunch of tire shops and distributers in all over Mexico. including northern Baja such as Mexicali.
Anyway, with the direct connection to Michelin that probably is why my last BFG tires I bought in San Felipe under cut all the tire prices I could compare with in the states. Sure, I know Tersa is less costly, but it’s good to know BFGs can be purchased cost effectively in Baja.
So Bajatrailrider examine the other writing on the tire sidewall and look for a DOT number and a country of origin to give us more info on who makes the tire. Many tire companies make tires with private labels.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 12:18 PM

Tersa also has a retreading plant in tijuana...switching gears a bit, Treadwright makes a BFG KO knockoff that gets good reviews. anyone tried these REMOLDED tires?

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/129-0908-trea...

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 01:09 PM

Will do Paul I did see the DOt mark will look for more. As far as the Treadwright Look up problems many complaints. There are no more deals on BFGs in Mex I checked 6 shops. Maybe Trump had something to do with this. I will give honest report just because I bought them does not mean there good. If I think there no good I will report.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 01:17 PM

Ok guys will send picture soon. It says made in P.R.C or last letter is G
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 01:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

peoples republic of china

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 01:36 PM

Now I don't like them HAAAAAA. If I saw made in China no go for me . The only positive thing like I reported Close friend in Ensenada. Has them 4 years he is a thrasher of everything he owns. Just drives like he stole a bank. Driving up to his mansion up top Ensenada stone road with stone speed bumps. Large deep pot holes when I visit 2 mph for me. He takes me for lunch in his sport trac. Wide open bad driver does not care so I would think there good. Nice trick on me looking for Made in China HAAAA Thank you all.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:05 PM

Made in China does not mean they are bad. When I was a kid everyone said made in Japan was bad. Many USA companies make their sub components in China.

[Edited on 7-26-2018 by rts551]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:09 PM

Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental “they’re all there building tires in China” Pirelli’s biggest factory is located there.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/05/should-i-buy-tir...
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:13 PM

http://www.tirereview.com/2013-top-shop-finalist-tecnicentro...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Here is the photo from Larry:

Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.