Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: BFG
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Come on goat, you know we conservatives buy flat tires because the earth is flat! :biggrin:

(After buying them, the air is added!)

Hot air David. Hot air.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I guess I just like to hear you guys talk dirty...You need to get someone to read what I wrote to you...I never said I rode more miles than you. I never said I didn't like it. I never said I don't like gearheads.. This is not a contest....You can be the king if you want...But please don 't tell me I don't know what I am talking about....
One hundred per cent you don't know what your talking about. Repeat you live in mid USA you don't have these tires. Your not in baja with the tires or ton test so sorry. You have no clue.:)

Special tires for special people, eh?
I guess you blockheads buy square tires, and the rest of us (especially “mid americans”) buy the round ones :lol:
Baja Blow hard joke JAAAAAA
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2018 at 10:04 PM

We have been out testing the tires off road 5 times already. I asked the tire installer to put 30 psi in them. After 4 tests I figured I better check since I use a bleeder gauge 3 tires at 32psi one at 34 psi. My old tire I ran at 26psi so I let them down to that. Did high speed highway run they did not heat up. Off road good over washboard so for normal everyday dirt street 26psi like the other tires.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 07:21 AM

We have been out testing the tires off road 5 times already. I asked the tire installer to put 30 psi in them. After 4 tests I figured I better check since I use a bleeder gauge 3 tires at 32psi one at 34 psi. My old tire I ran at 26psi so I let them down to that. Did high speed highway run they did not heat up. Off road good over washboard so for normal everyday dirt street 26psi like the other tires.

Is that a bumpy ride with such a high psi? Have you heard of the tire chalk test?

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 07:26 AM

Truck looks great at that height. Got a new moto tire for you to try out. 10 year veterans of mt43 switching to MotoZ Arena Hybrid gummy. 3 guys I rode with in Colorado have made the switch. I will give it a try next tire change. I think it is Chinese and cost 52 bucks.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

Truck looks great at that height. Got a new moto tire for you to try out. 10 year veterans of mt43 switching to MotoZ Arena Hybrid gummy. 3 guys I rode with in Colorado have made the switch. I will give it a try next tire change. I think it is Chinese and cost 52 bucks.
Hey Ed do they make it in smaller size like 400x18. My 450 runs I need check Cheater tire but is 450x18 it had very short life few rides worn out. When we tested new truck tires we went it San Vicente wash area where. 4x4 get stuck as it is some type sand you just sink. All other place of wash I can haul butt in third gear 2wd. So on our test the truck in 2wd did in fact get stock in test. was at 32 psi one at 34psi. We got out locked hubs noticed our tracks where over one foot deep. slight hole rear tires dug in 4x4 low range it pulled right out .Never got on top of sand digging all the way. Yesterday with 26psi as expected less digging managed to wind it out it low second got it in third then got on top sand less trenching. So very happy with new shoes.:) I just ordered a power tuner for it bumps Hp and torque will report.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 03:20 PM

I have now put many off road and Street miles on the almost BFGs. On new pavement slight wine. Hard to hear with ac and music on. I have settled on 26psi just like the small tires I had. Good ride real good hi speed paved turns. Now the dirt part coming back from TJ airport just past Stana Tomas where road work is. Sad to say a American lady lost her life there. Over 4 hours back up road was closed 3 miles of cars. I did u turn back to S T took off on dirt road to San Vicente. Poor Girls in truck It handled with all the work I did Like my pre runner. I know a cut off route that gets you back to HYW 1 half way back to SV. Im hoping I can run the tire down to 15 psi off road. Im happy with the fact that now less RPMs at 75mph. The down side the take off as expected slower. So I ordered a tuner for fuel rail it has 24 positions each more power. At only number 7 setting truck has more power then small tires. So more then happy with the tuner that plugs in fuel rail.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 05:21 PM

That's great Larry. Glad you are happy with them.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 08:05 AM

Hey Ed have you run the new Moto tire yet. Have smaller size for 250? :)
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 08:30 AM

Hey Ed have you run the new Moto tire yet. Have smaller size for 250? :)
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 09:07 AM

Haven't tried it yet. Ordering these 2

Motoz Arena hybrid gummy for the rear
Shinko 216 fatty for the front.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2018 at 02:59 PM

Did long 4x4 run at 15psi doing good with air deflectors.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 11-4-2018 at 08:16 AM

Any updates on the truck?

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2018 at 08:26 AM

Hi Ken love it can't yak right now on a Moto Paso
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2018 at 11:15 PM

If your talking about the Nissan so far so good. I got the air deflators all good. What is strange since they are aggressive tread they handle hi speed pavement very well. Aired down off road super.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 12:55 PM

I have now put many off road and Street miles on the almost BFGs. On new pavement slight wine. Hard to hear with ac and music on. I have settled on 26psi just like the small tires I had. Good ride real good hi speed paved turns. Now the dirt part coming back from TJ airport just past Stana Tomas where road work is. Sad to say a American lady lost her life there. Over 4 hours back up road was closed 3 miles of cars. I did u turn back to S T took off on dirt road to San Vicente. Poor Girls in truck It handled with all the work I did Like my pre runner. I know a cut off route that gets you back to HYW 1 half way back to SV. Im hoping I can run the tire down to 15 psi off road. Im happy with the fact that now less RPMs at 75mph. The down side the take off as expected slower. So I ordered a tuner for fuel rail it has 24 positions each more power. At only number 7 setting truck has more power then small tires. So more then happy with the tuner that plugs in fuel rail.

so whats the verdict Larry, still find these BFG knockoffs from Tersa a good value? time for new rubber on the 4runner.....and people rave about BAJA POWERHOUSE south of Ensenada, time for some front end work. do you know these folks? gracias
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 01:56 PM

What is powerhouse ? Since I have 4 off road trucks none gets many miles on them. I have been to the states few times. Also many off road runs on the tires. So far great have not run them under 16 psi. Will try 12 psi . Trust me I'm not the guy that would post something is good because I own it. If it's junk I tell that.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 03:02 PM

What is powerhouse ? Since I have 4 off road trucks none gets many miles on them. I have been to the states few times. Also many off road runs on the tires. So far great have not run them under 16 psi. Will try 12 psi . Trust me I'm not the guy that would post something is good because I own it. If it's junk I tell that.

I believe their shop is also called Baja Voyager the owner is Juan Carlos Pacheco Banuelos. thought maybe you had crossed paths, comes highly recommended https://www.facebook.com/bajapowerhouse/

any other thoughts on LBJ's/alignments in the area?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 06:10 PM

So I have been very happy with tire shop next door to costco. 4 33in tires balance and align 540.00
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 08:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I believe their shop is also called Baja Voyager the owner is Juan Carlos Pacheco Banuelos. thought maybe you had crossed paths, comes highly recommended https://www.facebook.com/bajapowerhouse/

any other thoughts on LBJ's/alignments in the area?

Juan is the man, can definitely get you taken care of, tell him James from Home on the Highway says howdy!

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.