Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Canadians in Loreto
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:55 PM
Canadians in Loreto

I heard last year that the Canadians lost the bid in San Jose de Cabo for a mega-resort with deep water access. Instead I was told they purchased a huge coastal tract in or near Loreto. Does anyone have more info on that??
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 10:54 AM

The Villages of Loreto Bay.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:25 AM
Loreto Bay

Wilderone...
My wife and myself came back from Kauai looking for a rental income/retirement home and were floored by the prices in Kauai or Hawaii for that matter...Came home and found one of the Loreto Bay brochures in the mail and a few days after that was the Seattle seminar for the Villages which we attended. Many things sounded great but also had many questions after reading all your posts. First of all were the sewage treatment plant and most important the desal plant for the H20. After talking with our associate yesterday he said the sewage plant was already built with the desal plant not so far behind. We are scheduled to come down to Loreto on the March 17th trip and will certainly have MANY other questions for the BIG guys at the top. There is a site with many pics of all the building going full tilt now and I'll post the link..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loretobay
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 12:41 PM
I'd be very careful if I were you

and judging from those pictures, there hasn't been much progress in 2 years .
Otherwise, they would show more than the one house .
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:02 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loretobay/3794607/in/set-85931/

JR....Didn't search out the site too well?

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:05 PM
I looked at about 7 pages of pictures

and it looks pretty much the same as it did two years ago.

It also looks as if they are hornswaggling people as many suspected from the beginning. When they use a lot of sunset and scenery photos to sell homes to suckers, they post these pics rather than what you are actually buying or shots of progress.

[Edited on 3/8/2005 by jrbaja]
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:20 PM

Most ALL the golffront and beachfront as well as over 280 homes total now have been boondoggled, oh excuse me sold.
People with that kind of money didn't get it from being stupid. They don't buy from pictures.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:34 PM
February of what year?

http://www.loretobay.com/news_articles.html
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:42 PM

Guess I'll have to check it out next week when I'm down there now won't I !

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:43 PM

Please let us know what your first hand impressions are after your trip!

Thanks!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:49 PM
elgatoloco

That will be no problemo! Will take many pics...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 3-8-2005 at 04:57 PM
am well aware

of the sales that have been made to these smart people. I am talking about getting the actual construction done:lol:
Two entirely different things in Mexico to be sure!
I would proced with caution if I were you.:light:
And by the way, either way, have a good trip.

[Edited on 3/8/2005 by jrbaja]
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 05:21 PM
JR..

I ALWAYS proceed with caution especially when money is at stake!
I also grow bamboo at my house in the Pacific NW and have about 15 different varieties. Also grow palms up here and cold hardy bananas.... Nothing like all the different palms I had in my house in Laguna Beach but they work well.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 05:34 PM
Mayo

I was in Loreto when the first of the "Village Houses were Started. they are basis construction and appeared to be of good Order.
i was a little concerned about the Depth of the Footings as due to Earthquake Shakes.

I think there is no doubt that the Villages are going to be built as there is a lot of Pressure and Money involved.
I personally like the Homes being built out North of Loreto.

I am still concerned about Water / schools for the Children of the Workers as well as better Medical Facility.

We shall all await a time, sooner are later "The Fat lady will Sing or Sat down and Shut Up".
I wish only the best for the People of Loreto.

Skeet/Loreto
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 05:43 PM
Skeet

That's my main concern also is the town and the people. That's what lured me to this development and the rest of the people I've talked with so I will be way more convinced one way or the other after visiting next week. That's why my wife and I want to have it as a retirement place, as well as renting it out, is the Village envoirnment and what it will do for the town. I'm sure with all the hype about sustainability it better become that or many people will hire Guido to find the big wigs and do the Charles Bronson gig!
If it turns out like they say it should be a great place as it's already started and they have much to gain. Let's all hope...
Next week will be the Q & A session big time. The views will be awesome to say the least and NO beach vendors or time share gooks.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 05:59 PM
Mayo

Before you sign the DottedLine, go out and Look at the Development about 3 miles Notrh. There are some People that would prefer that type of "Rental.

I spent many Years in Loreto The People are its Value! Good Luck.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
I ALWAYS proceed with caution especially when money is at stake!
I also grow bamboo at my house in the Pacific NW and have about 15 different varieties. Also grow palms up here and cold hardy bananas.... Nothing like all the different palms I had in my house in Laguna Beach but they work well.

I am a former banana growing hobbiest... in Vista and Escondido... I had about 25 varieties at one time. Even traded with Doug Richardson of La Conchita. Please tell me what varieties you have grown up there? Also, where are you in the NW?

I found the Orinoco (Better Select/Burro/ Bluggoe) and Ice Cream (Blue Java/ Cenizo) to be the most cold tollerant down here. I even saw some growing in Fresno, when I lived there!

If you do a google search on my name (David Kier), you can find some of my banana growing articles that where in the California Rare Fruit Growers newsletters from the 1980's!

:D:O:light::cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 06:38 PM
David

I had my greenhouse in Vista before moving up to the Seattle area. I grow Musa basjoo with no worries as it pops back every spring like gangbusters. Last year it was about 12-15 feet tall. Others I grew last year were Brazilian, Orinoco, Pisang-Ceylon and a few others but Spring will tell if they will come back. Musa basjoo can take it into the teens no problems but the harder the freeze the lower the trunks shoot out. The palms are Trachycarpus fortunii, T. takil, T. wagnerianus, T. martianus, Rapidophyllum hystrix, Washingtonia filifera and even have had a Rhapis excelsa outdoors for 3 years under protection...The Olympic penninsula is great for cold hardy tropicals!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 06:43 PM
David....

Did you ever go to Rancho Soledad Nursery in Rancho Santa Fe? That's where I learned about all the rare palms and cycads as Jerry has been into those for years and years. Even went to his nursery in Hilo, Hi called Paradise palms and was floored with the size of the goods over there. he even had a variegated Musa about 15 feet tall...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 06:55 PM

Nope... Stallings Ranch Nursery in Encinitas, Pacific Tree Farm in Chula Vista, and Tropic World Nursery in Escondido used to buy banana pups from my friend Brian Lievens (who got me started in rare fruit growing, and who now lives on the Big Island).

My Banana book (Simmonds) is packed away, please remind me what Musa basjoo is (common names).

What greenhouse was yours in Vista? I worked at Vista Pipe and Supply from 1986-1994 and just about every nursery shopped with us...:D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.