Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Catavina Hotel?
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 12:18 PM
Catavina Hotel?

Hola
Looking to stay at Hotel Mision Catavina, I know its overpriced but the location is perfect for us...

Any suggestions on rooms or other things while we are there? Safe Parking? Restaurant? Etc...
Its been a long time since we've stayed there. Any info on the hotel would be appreciated
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 03:14 PM

TLBaja79. I like Catavina. I, like most going up and down the Baja have stayed there. This time of year it is Hot. But they have a great pool. and I like the Bar and sitting around the pool in the evenings. The food is good. I guess across the street has got new things going on . I also like the little restaurant across the street as well. If you love Desert mornings in the Rocks this is the place. Have a safe trip. And the main thing is have fun in Baja.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
7-7-2018 at 07:55 PM
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 09:20 PM

Hotel is nice, bar is good and food is excellent! Price was fair for the location.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:13 PM

I last stayed there about 3 years ago and I think I paid about $90 for the room. Good room and I always liked the food and drinks. I think it is a good deal considering where it is and what you get A/C and all. For a comparison I was in Lone Pine, CA last night and the Days Inn wanted $190 for a single bed room. I slept in my truck near the base of the mtns, cool with a breeze.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:30 PM

Not overpriced when you consider everything is brought up from San Quinting, including fuel for the generator that runs 24/7.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:48 PM

I stayed there coming and going May/June. First time staying there and I was pleasantly surprised. I have a dog so we were in the dog rooms in the back, cost about $77 US. Great A/C, pool area, nice decor around the hotel, nice restaurant and bar area (adequate, wouldn't say fabulous out of this world but good). There is even a pool table in the bar. I don't know how safe the parking lot is - they have a sign indicating they are not responsible for theft, I don't know if they have a night guard. I would recommend it; for me it will be a now and then place because the room is spendy compared to Baja Cactus, but it was a very nice hotel.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:06 PM

I have stayed at the Mision several times over the last decade, and agree the place is worth the money. Great rooms, food and service! The only other option is the pink hotel across the street (assuming it's still there and still pink). I stayed there once. Nice people but pretty basic accommodations. It does work if you are on a budget though.

[Edited on 7-9-2018 by basautter]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:22 PM

having broke down and waiting for parts I holed up there for four days....lots of cats and ten dollar margarita's, that was 20 years ago. didn't stay but visited it last year, Don Rafa did an xlnt job! don't need a mint on your pillow, cabana's linda!;)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
having broke down and waiting for parts I holed up there for four days....lots of cats and ten dollar margarita's, that was 20 years ago. didn't stay but visited it last year, Don Rafa did an xlnt job! don't need a mint on your pillow, cabana's linda!;)

You do know they don't always change the sheets.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 05:34 PM

It was there yesterday.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

LOL----------If that is of concern, bring you sleeping bag in------problem solved. (-:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

LOL----------If that is of concern, bring you sleeping bag in------problem solved. (-:

Not for me. still gross...and your bag does not stop any bugs.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 09:08 AM

Ya gits whatcha pays fer. :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 01:00 PM

I 've spent many nights there going and coming. Always ask for a room on the west side away from the highway. Otherwise trucks will keep you up.
I loved the "La Pinta". It was an oasis for me after a long hot day on the road. Never made reservations back then, but I think nowadays it would be a good idea tp plan ahead.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.