BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: (Not Baja, But Important) 24 killed, 49 injured in Tultepec fireworks explosions; state halts production
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 08:30 PM
(Not Baja, But Important) 24 killed, 49 injured in Tultepec fireworks explosions; state halts production

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/24-killed-49-injured-in-fir...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 08:45 AM
Needless Deaths

It's unfortunate that innocent lives (especially emergency responders) should be injured and die, BUT there is an inevitability given the explosive nature of the business.

Fireworks manufacture (for commercial/public entities ONLY) should be strictly regulated and all others subject to strict criminal enforcement.

Sales to the public should be banned and possession/use met with arrest and fines.

They are dangerous and disruptive. Terrifying to animals.

I do my part and report EVERY instance where the origination can be determined.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
It's unfortunate that innocent lives (especially emergency responders) should be injured and die, BUT there is an inevitability given the explosive nature of the business.

Fireworks manufacture (for commercial/public entities ONLY) should be strictly regulated and all others subject to strict criminal enforcement.

Sales to the public should be banned and possession/use met with arrest and fines.

They are dangerous and disruptive. Terrifying to animals.
I do my part and report EVERY instance where the origination can be determined.

Banned right along with hand guns. For they are dangerous as well. Especially to animals.

[Edited on 7-15-2018 by rts551]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 09:06 AM

I get very upset with people who set off fireworks at the beaches where we stay during the winter in BCS. They have total disregard for their neighbors; people, pets, and wildlife included. Those who childishly enjoy playing with explosives should consider they're peeing off others in the vicinity.

[Edited on 7-15-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 09:13 AM

They don't care.....

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I get very upset with people who set off fireworks at the beaches where we stay during the winter in BCS. They have total disregard for their neighbors; people, pets, and wildlife included. Those who childishly enjoy playing with explosives should consider they're peeing off others in the vicinity.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 09:31 AM

Agree that neighbors should be considered. But what is childish to you may not be to others and vice versa...wonder how many people have thought you childish as they enjoyed the city's display during the 4th of July.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 09:48 AM

There's a difference between an organized fireworks display to commemorate an important event and playing with firecrackers and bottle rockets at the beach.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 10:31 AM
Not the first time, sad to say

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_San_Pablito_Market_firewo...

same place same problem
two years ago,
it just killed more people the last time

by the by,
I love a good rocket
you make lots of new friends that way
like the time I sent an exploratory shot over the gatoloco camp
he has never quite forgiven me
we still haven't met face to face, but at least he survived my bad aim
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 10:36 AM

There's a difference between an organized fireworks display to commemorate an important event and playing with firecrackers and bottle rockets at the beach.

not to dogs!;D

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 10:52 AM

When the town here has its festival, it coincides with independence day (Mexico). They fire rockets off over the beach during their celebration. Nothing professional...but enough to scare the dogs.. Those with animals are prepared...but I will make sure to tell them that there are gringos that think they are childish.

Bajarunner...you just never know whose going to get upset, do you.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 02:11 PM
A Defective Analogy

Guns v. Fireworks, that is.

IF one were to discharge a firearm in ANY of the common situations where fireworks are set off, that person (especially in Mexico) WOULD be subject to arrest and face a REALLY bad time.

As they should.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 02:27 PM

Nothing more fun than shooting off a ton of big bottle rockets off on the beach. We do it every trip down.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 04:40 PM
Shooting Off

If one wonder why many lack compassion over those who end up in pieces, JZ provides the answer.

On the (too) few occasions when we've witnessed injuries from fireworks usage, it's been with a smile.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Nothing more fun than shooting off a ton of big bottle rockets off on the beach. We do it every trip down.

:P Other than shooting off one's mouth. :P:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 05:10 PM

don't come down here and try to change Mexico into what where you are coming from, if you don't like Mexico don't come.:light: here people like loud music firecrackers and loud cars. if you cant handle it go Home.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 05:42 PM
Addressing the Problem

When I was in Baja there wasn't much that could be done given that it was usually beach tourists setting off the bombs.

I do remember one situation where a neighbor and his drunken party set off some big stuff and ignored protests from other neighbors.

Shortly after the incident, while he was away, there was some vandalism by unknown persons.

Which (as retribution) seemed justified.

To me, at least.

Up here (in Riverside and San Bernardino counties), one can simply call the law. As I have on a few occasions. In Mexico, one has to be more creative.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bruce R Leech  
don't come down here and try to change Mexico into what where you are coming from, if you don't like Mexico don't come.:light: here people like loud music firecrackers and loud cars. if you cant handle it go Home.

Well said.,,, I couldn't agree with you more !

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Quote: Originally posted by Bruce R Leech  

Well said.,,, I couldn't agree with you more !

yup, leave those norte americano values on the north side of the wall! forget the conservation efforts, keep throwing your trash on the hillsides, raw sewage belongs in the ocean. nothing wrong with corrupt government and law enforcement, thats the mexican way after all! keep feeding the children pizza and coca-cola, they'll be fine. heck, go eat a turtle! damn gringo values:no:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
When I was in Baja there wasn't much that could be done given that it was usually beach tourists setting off the bombs.

I do remember one situation where a neighbor and his drunken party set off some big stuff and ignored protests from other neighbors.

Shortly after the incident, while he was away, there was some vandalism by unknown persons.

Which (as retribution) seemed justified.

To me, at least.

Up here (in Riverside and San Bernardino counties), one can simply call the law. As I have on a few occasions. In Mexico, one has to be more creative.

\
Since the operable word are "when I was", we won't worry about it any more. Isn't there a site for ex-nominds.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 07:21 PM

Dang, that's a great idea. Let's make Mexico just like the U.S.

And then we can go the beach and have SO MUCH better fun.....

RULES & REGULATIONS ON LA COUNTY BEACHES...

NO Animals allowed on the beach (no cats, dogs, horses, etc.)
NO Alcoholic beverages
NO Smoking
NO Tents, or overnight camping or overnight sleeping
NO Fires or barbeques allowed, except in the fire pits at Dockweiler Beach
NO Fireworks
NO Glass containers
NO Loitering between midnight and 6am
NO Amplified music
NO Nudity
NO Diving in shallow water
NO Soliciting or selling merchandise
NO Littering (all trash must be placed in trash cans)
NO Driving or parking on sand or bike path
NO Disturbances
NO Swimming, wading, surfing, skin dive, scuba dive, or recreate in the ocean after sundown
Permits required for groups over 50, and any organized parties, events, and activities

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.