Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: BajaMLS.org - Property Listing Service
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 01:56 PM
BajaMLS.org - Property Listing Service

When TalkBaja first moved to facebook a few years back, we began to get overrun with real estate ads and had to ban them. Our moderators have done a pretty fair job of catching and deleting them but a few still manage to slip through on occasion. When they do, we have seen how they tend to draw a fair amount of responses from interested members before we can delete them, putting us in the somewhat difficult position at times having to decide how to handle such scenarios. Something needed to change.

It made me realize that there is a need for a comprehensive property listing service for Baja and although I was able to find an MLS system for Baja California Sur, that service is only for real estate agents. Up here on the northern half of the peninsula there is no such regionally defined product online although you can find 2 or 3 websites out there that many agents use, but not really designed for homeowners wanting to list their properties. Craigslist might be the exception but is really not a very good platform for searching for real estate.

Having experience in helping friends and family working in real estate to build and manage their own listing pages, I decided to create a system myself. Took me a few months of a lot of work but it is finally up and running.

How it will work

The system will allow for homeowners to list their Baja property for sale or for rent at no cost for up to 2 different properties. All you need to do is once registered and logged in, is to request the free package from your profile page. Click the button to send and we will approve it quickly during normal business hours.

I'll extend the free offer to BajaNomad members as well.

Once that is activated, you will receive an email notice and you can post your property for sale or rent as well as a vacation property. The site is setup to work with HD images (up to 30 per property) and it requires resolutions of 1280x720 minimum.

Included in the software build is Google’s newest mapping tool to search by geolocation as well as an internal search engine keyed off of normal real estate parameters. Also included are some special options tailored for Baja including land title status, lease fees, power (grid/offgrid), etc and the mapping tool allows you to pinpoint the exact location of the property for buyers to see.

I have spent a lot of time to make the property listing form as user friendly as possible and I welcome your comments. I also hired a local tech who will help me in managing the site and whose duties will include assisting users who have any problems. The system includes a builtin support system where you can submit a support ticket for any questions or issues with the system.

It will be the ONLY real estate website that will be promoted to TalkBaja's members (38 thousand plus) and that alone should be a strong potential buyer base. To help grow that audience I will be using a staff marketing rep to devote part of her time to share the site across facebook as well as other social media platforms.

We've just gone online in the last few days but we're already seeing some good interest. I believe this will be a very successful website and you are all welcome to use it.

Enjoy...

https://bajamls.org

[Edited on 7-8-2018 by BajaGringo]

mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 09:28 PM

Very nicely done. Should be a great benefit for buying and selling.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 10:57 AM

I need a small rental house in town. Near the surpermercado so I can ride my bicycle there.
Got any rental listings?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 11:57 AM

very cool! LOL fishbuck!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
redmercury
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 12:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

The system will allow for homeowners to list their Baja property for sale or for rent at no cost for up to 2 different properties.

Your comment says it is for homeowners, but on your website it says it is "For property owners and their agents." What steps are you taking to ensure that real estate agents who use your site are reliable? As an example, I see there is an agent named Willie Bautista advertising many properties in Rosarito on your web site. However, Willie Bautista, has no real estate license issued by SEDECO, which means it is illegal in Baja California for him to act in any capacity as an agent in a real estate transaction. He is not even allowed to advertise real estate for sale.

As a minimum, you should vet the real estate agents and require they provide you with their real estate license number issued by SEDECO before allowing them to post to your website.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
Very nicely done. Should be a great benefit for buying and selling.

Hopefully so - thanks for the nice compliments...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 12:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
I need a small rental house in town. Near the surpermercado so I can ride my bicycle there.
Got any rental listings?

Nothing in town right now but a brand new listing just become available out here on the beach that I think would be PERFECT for you. Although I don't think your bicycle would maneuver well on the sand...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 12:10 PM

I love it!!! :bounce::light::cool::biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 12:16 PM

Is your brand new beach listing pet friendly? I understand that there may be a cleaning deposit required!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 02:15 PM

Very nice first listing indeed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 02:35 PM

I just registered and noticed that professional was spelled with only one "s" when I went to list a property.

Come visit La Bocana

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I just registered and noticed that professional was spelled with only one "s" when I went to list a property.

Spanish word, maybe?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 07:05 PM

Kudos!

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Got any rental listings?

Nothing in town right now but a brand new listing just become available out here on the beach that I think would be PERFECT for you. Although I don't think your bicycle would maneuver well on the sand...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

I had caught that when running the site through the testing phase and remember adding it to the list of edits needed. I worked a lot of late nights getting this done and a few things still slipped through. Just now corrected that finally - thanks!

Saw your login and I already approved you to post your free listings. Let me know if you have any questions or just open a support ticket on the site...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 08:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
Kudos!

Thanks amigo...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 07:25 PM

To give you an idea of what a listing would look like on the new site, here's a link to Mike and Pamela's listing for their Baja Dark Skies Inn. Actually a very beautiful home and a steal at that price when you consider it comes with 1230 acres right next to San Pedro Martir National Park...

Baja Dark Skies Inn For Sale on BajaMLS.org

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 07:07 AM

having trouble signing up. you have expired security stuff, and it keeps allowing me to sign up, but on verification, it says failed?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 07:56 AM

caj13, note the date of the previous posts... Real estate listing is probably no longer available?

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
having trouble signing up. you have expired security stuff, and it keeps allowing me to sign up, but on verification, it says failed?

Yes, according to my browser the website's security certificate expired 9 days ago.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.