Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: OSPREY
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 10:03 AM
OSPREY

One of our dearest friends on the board and one whose writing have been admired by many of us for as long as I have been a BN member and well beyond those years, is currently going through some very rough times with his health.

Ever since his sweetheart, Lynda, passed away a few months ago his health has been deteriorating. He is currently ambulatory, but has lost a considerable amount of weight. He looks like what I did when I spent over a year in the US hospital when I had a blood clot lodge in my small intestine.

George is going to need all of our prayers!

I'll do my best to keep all BN members informed.

:no::no::no:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 10:31 AM

GOD LOVES YOU OSPREY. I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR RECOVERY. KEEP WRITING YOUR STORIES AND POST THEM HERE. I ALWAYS LIKED READING THEM. TAKE MY LIFE STORY AND PLAY AROUND WITH IT AND MAKE IT FLOW BETTER IF YOU WANT TO. I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT. TAKE CARE BROTHER OSPREY.

David M.ARSTON

[Edited on 7-14-2018 by ELINVESTIG8R]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 11:14 AM

Hope OSPREY pulls through.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 11:30 AM

Thanks shortie!!

Udo

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 11:35 AM

I had the opportunity to meet Osprey ('Jorge') and Lynda last year and they were so very kind and hospitable. Osprey was one of the Nomad authors to review my book for the back cover but he had not seen an actual copy of the book until I delivered him one last summer. I hope he can regain some weight and energy as he has much to share about his love of Baja and the region around his home in East Cape.

Here is his most recent post on Nomad, reflecting his love of community: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=90172

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Udo for the report. My best wishes to George for a full and speedy recovery. He is a unique and wonderfully expressive writer and I have long enjoyed his work.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 01:27 PM

For my friend Osprey....
All kinds of prayers, amigo.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 02:36 PM

I have always admired how Osprey understood, accepted & integrated into the Mexican culture which very much added spice to his musings. Osprey...I am sending some positive vibes to you from over here on the other side...animo!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 03:18 PM

Prayers and healing sent to OSPREY.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 03:46 PM

Thank you for posting this Udo. I had wondered why Osprey hasn't been posting for quite some time. It's really sad to read this. It's not clear what is wrong with him but I hope he pulls through and ones out as good as before. Is he getting care in the States?
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Thank you for posting this Udo. I had wondered why Osprey hasn't been posting for quite some time. It's really sad to read this. It's not clear what is wrong with him but I hope he pulls through and ones out as good as before. Is he getting care in the States?

I exchanged emails with George earlier this week. His mind remains sharp, but his body has been in rebellion for the past few months. He's chosen to remain in La Ribera, where he has an enviable support system, and to forgo aggressive treatment of his cancer, which has gotten neither worse nor better. I hope he can hang in there, as he's a shining example of the right way to "Nomad".

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 04:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I exchanged emails with George earlier this week. His mind remains sharp, but his body has been in rebellion for the past few months. He's chosen to remain in La Ribera, where he has an enviable support system, and to forgo aggressive treatment of his cancer, which has gotten neither worse nor better. I hope he can hang in there, as he's a shining example of the right way to "Nomad".

Well stated!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 06:05 PM

I never met the man although we have a close internet friendship. His short stories always leave me thinking about my experiences south of the border, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent! I cherish my binder of his writings!

He is a man among lesser beings. All my best Amigo!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 07:32 PM

Hang in there George!

We shall try and visit when we head south next ... possibly this August.

Miss your one of a kind, ingenious stories. Be sure and publish more when you are up to it.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 09:07 PM

Very sad to hear this. Osprey is one good people.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 10:52 PM
I Wish Osprey a Healthy Recovery

I have enjoyed his memorable posts for may years.

[Edited on 7-14-2018 by GypsyJan]
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 06:52 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Osprey.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 07:40 AM
Novella

Thanks Udo and thanks to all Nomads and Nomadams for your nice comments and wishes.

This piece is emblematic of my whole adventure down here.

Attachment: Los Ricos Tambien Lloran.docx (47kB)
This file has been downloaded 328 times

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 07:50 AM

Very cool story Jorge!

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 09:07 AM

I could not have said this any better!

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

Udo

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.