BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Looking for beach/camp road access and safety - Gonzaga, BoLA, and N. Loreto
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 11:08 AM

You can always have a panga run you out to the Coronado.

They typically will take you out for 1,700 pesos and that includes spending 4hrs or so out there. So, it would probably be about half that to just take you, kayak, and your gear out. I could send you a name/number if you want.

[Edited on 7-17-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamary1952  
I agree with everyone about violence being random regardless if Mexico OR U.S. which is not anymore crime-free than anywhere else in the world.
I traveled (mostly camping in tent) last year for 3 months in states that State Department says are "dangerous", i.e., Michoacan, Colima & Sinaloa & never had a problem & everyone was very nice to me. And I am a 66-y.o. female traveling ALONE with a small dog.
So all violence needs to be taken in perspective. In reality I feel safer in Mexico than anywhere I've lived in the U.S. including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, etc.

BRAVO to you!:cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Greenscales

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 01:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
I’ve heard, though cannot confirm, that the owner who fenced off most of the property south of Doctors Point (about 12on your map) did so after paying huge fines to Profepa for beach littering/dumping from trespassers. Fairly irrelevant trivia, but if you could find a spot along that coast, I definitely would not leave a vehicle unattended anywhere there. Break ins are common in the homes in the area.
I’d suggest contacting Alejandro Igartua, owner of La Picazon restaurant, across from Coronado. Perhaps you could arrange something with him for vehicle storage for a day or two. Great food, too. Find him on Facebook or try 044-613-111-8782

I like that rumor over some others - wish I could find out who the owner is if its true. I'll promise to clean up the area and bring more trash back than I bring in if I could get access to camp and launch from those beaches. Easy 1 day around the island vs. 6 miles of pedaling the Hobie in transit. Stopped at La Picazon in January - shore access was limited/tough for the 4Runner and big kayak in the area and the wind was ripping in the PM. But I might each out and try again. He was willing to keep an eye on the truck. I also want to bring him a craft beer or 2. He also knows how to fish based upon the, conversation - catches a lot of what he serves.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 02:33 PM

Owner has been non responsive to requests from the local hiking club to do some hikes in the now fenced area. I sincerely doubt you’d get anywhere approaching him.
You might also consider Silver King parking/boat storage near the Loreto marina, if the Loreto-Coronado distance isn’t too far for you. Alternatively have a pangero tow you over and paddle back?

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.