Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Warmer today
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 11:07 AM

Drink lots of water or whatever your preference. Not exactly dry air either. Anyone with A/C in Chivato, Russ?? eebmike showing a huge thunderstorm cloud moving over from Mainland towards Loreto, Mulege, Chivato. Gonna be Hot the next few days!! Enjoy?! :o:bounce: Tio
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Let's say the climate is changing more than 'normal'. What are you going to do that will stop the change beyond the good things we are doing to be cleaner (if that really affects climate)?

Yes, David, let's say this globe is round.

Doubting that humans activity affects the climate is like doubting the law of conservation of energy.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:23 PM

How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what?

At some point, you need to consider science and the fact that solar radiation, volcanic eruptions, the earth's axis, and a list of other NATURAL factors are what change the climate.

If it takes mankind to change the climate then how did it change before man? It changed from cold to hot to cold, over and over before automobiles and factories and power plants.

I am all for clean living and advances in ecology, but to blame humans for changing Natural events or having the ability to reverse the Natural trend the earth is already in, is very science-fiction. Give Nature some credit and learn to adapt like other intelligent animals do.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 02:43 PM

Text
How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what?

EXCELLENT QUESTION! THERE'S NO STOPPING HUMAN ACTIVITY. YOU'RE RIGHT. (climate will never change 'on a dime' as you're kinda implying here ... that's ridiculous and a BLATANT example of somebody having zero knowledge of how climate works)

At some point, you need to consider science and the fact that solar radiation, volcanic eruptions, the earth's axis, and a list of other NATURAL factors are what change the climate.

HISTORICALLY 100% ACCURATE.
NOW WE HAVE EVIDENCE (you are unable to see) THAT THERE'S AN ADDITIONAL FORCE TO CONSIDER (throwing tons of carbon / methane / water vapor etc in the air) AND IT'S THE RATE OF CHANGE THAT'S THE PROBLEM. YOUR SUGGESTION THAT 'SCIENCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED' IS INSANELY 'RICH' COMING FROM YOU.

If it takes mankind to change the climate then how did it change before man? It changed from cold to hot to cold, over and over before automobiles and factories and power plants.

??? YOU'VE ALREADY LISTED SOME VARIABLES ABOVE
(wtf)

I am all for clean living and advances in ecology, but to blame humans for changing Natural events or having the ability to reverse the Natural trend the earth is already in, is very science-fiction. Give Nature some credit and learn to adapt like other intelligent animals do.

SCIENCE!!! HAS SHOWN US THE STRUGGLE (and extinction) ALREADY STARTED DUE TO THE INABILITY!! FOR MANY CREATURES TO ADAPT
(why do you think it's currently referred to as the 'sixth mass extincion'??
lemme guess ... you don't believe it.)

I'm thinking you and Dennis Prager would get along great! :o
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 04:11 PM

Who? If he likes Baja and can be nice, I am sure we would as I do with everyone else I have met.

This need to believe in far-off predictions is important to you, I see. That is great to believe in something. For so many, man-made climate change (formerly known as 'global warming') is like a religion. I do not put you down for your religious beliefs, you have every right. It just seems that you fail to see the facts of past recorded history or even that the sea is virtually unchanged in the last few generations, despite all the radical hysteria that man (not Nature) is changing the planet. I contend that Nature is far greater than man and will continually correct any imbalances on the planet.

I do not insist you believe me or your own eyes (the proof is right there) but you are all worked up if I don't accept your far-out predictions of doom and gloom. Have faith that everything will be all right.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 04:42 PM

Who? If he likes Baja and can be nice, I am sure we would as I do with everyone else I have met.

This need to believe in far-off predictions is important to you, I see. That is great to believe in something. For so many, man-made climate change (formerly known as 'global warming') is like a religion. I do not put you down for your religious beliefs, you have every right. It just seems that you fail to see the facts of past recorded history or even that the sea is virtually unchanged in the last few generations, despite all the radical hysteria that man (not Nature) is changing the planet. I contend that Nature is far greater than man and will continually correct any imbalances on the planet.

I do not insist you believe me or your own eyes (the proof is right there) but you are all worked up if I don't accept your far-out predictions of doom and gloom. Have faith that everything will be all right.

people get worked up b/c of how insane it is that you like science over here ... but not over there.
HOPEFULLY, you are 100% right. Unfortunately, all climate science indicates otherwise.

[Edited on 7-25-2018 by bezzell]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:25 PM

We had rain (just a sprinkle) and thunder - real thunder that upset Rex until he could sit right next to me inside the house!

It was a cool day with a lot of wind. Really nice.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:43 PM

"How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what? "

Best way to stop human activity is for all the Alarmists to quit exhaling! Ponder the enormity.....they become so dedicated to their cause and cease to exhale for the catastrophic consequences caused by their own breath. After all every human breath exhausted is just CO2 right? The ultimate pebble in a pond. Ponder the rest of us deniers watching in amazement at the true dedication of their belief manifesting itself ultimately in the improvement and life sustaining enhancement of our very planet. Ultimately even the most die-hard non-believer could be moved to ultimately question their own behavior.....Try it lest you be a mere hypocrite.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.