BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: I wonder how long this guy will last in his position?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:38 AM

I think i've gotten to the bottom of it........

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:45 AM

The point is to continue to make dire catastrophic predictions about man made global warming caused by CO2 is silly at this point. No evidence exist tying human generated CO2 to global temperature.

Not one poster here has provided any evidence nor made any substantial point other than to deny the obvious facts that humans contribute very little CO2 ~.04% to the atmosphere and there is no connection showing CO2 as a driver for temperature, quite the opposite.

Clearly CO2 is important to our symbiotic relationship to plants as a life force of the earth. To call CO2 or green gas house gasses pollution is to greatly misunderstand the earth.

Far more interesting would be to consider cycles and variations as normal, stability rare, and ask what drives solar system cycles? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

Earth's cyclical changes are also an area to pursue as a driver of temperature such as the Milankovitch orbital elliptical variation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

In any case, adults should be able to present their thoughts without contributors hurling degrading dialogue, fallacious logic, personal insults and grandstanding while failing to providing any reference to facts.

[Edited on 7-24-2018 by gnukid]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:49 AM

The problem to solve is how do we reduce dumping chemical waste, depleted uranium, plastics, reduce abusive farming and fishing practices, improve water quality, sewage treatment and increase quality of food which is well within each of our grasp by making small efforts individually.

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
The point is to continue to make dire catastrophic predictions about man made global warming caused by CO2 is silly at this point. No evidence exist tying human generated CO2 to global temperature.

Not one poster here has provided any evidence nor made any substantial point other than to deny the obvious facts that humans contribute very little CO2 ~.04% to the atmosphere and there is no connection showing CO2 as a driver for temperature, quite the opposite.

Clearly CO2 is important to our symbiotic relationship to plants as a life force of the earth. To call CO2 or green gas house gasses pollution is to greatly misunderstand the earth.

Far more interesting would be to consider cycles and variations as normal, stability rare, and ask what drives solar system cycles? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

Earth's cyclical changes are also an area to pursue as a driver of temperature such as the Milankovitch orbital elliptical variation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

In any case, adults should be able to present their thoughts without contributors hurling degrading dialogue, fallacious logic, personal insults and grandstanding while failing to providing any reference to facts.

whoa whoa ... don't dodge the obvious!
YOU actually wrote here, that CO2 had been up to 10000ppm in last 20,000 years. A STUNNINGLY mistaken statement!!
CO2 had not been above 300ppm in last 650,000 years! (now at 410ppm)
Will you address this? or are you going to dodge?
Your credibility gets absolutely shatterred when you make crazy wild claims like this.
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 11:04 AM

In any case, adults should be able to present their thoughts without contributors hurling degrading dialogue, fallacious logic, personal insults and grandstanding while failing to providing any reference to facts....

... without make CRAZY claims like CO2 10000ppm in last 20000 years.

If you had any climate knowledge, you would immediately recognise how wrong that is.

Maybe you meant someone was actually sitting on top of a volcano measuring CO2 during the actual eruption?? Is this what you meant?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:14 PM

Here is what's going on here in this global warming denying thread.

We have a lot of older conservatives who sadly think like conservative radio host, Dennis Prager, who sets aside all the overwhelming irrefutable evidence about global warming caused by mankind, and instead brings out the bible, and arrogantly claims God, created earth for mankind, and therefore, mankind can do all the polluting they want on planet Earth.

Others like Trump, Exxon, other dirty corporations, and deep pocket polluters, deny global warming, for purely financial interest reasons.

So what's your excuse for denying the obvious about global warming mostly caused by mankind?

Conservative radio host Dennis Prager said it best: “Liberals love humanity, but hate humans.”

God created the earth for mankind to rule over and enjoy, not for men and women to be treated by their governments like squatters, like landless serfs or intruders upon the earth, deferring to polar bears, melting polar ice caps, spotted owls, kangaroo rats, snail darters or puddles of water in your backyard which the Environmental Protection Agency retroactively now decrees is a “wetland.”

Wake up, America! Who will you believe? The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or that nitwit Al Gore and the globalist, corrupt plutocrats at the United Nations who utterly hate America, Israel and despise natural law, natural rights and natural liberties that can only come from God and therefore cannot lawfully be contravened by man? I choose God.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 04:10 PM

Clearly there are two camps.

I acknowledged and linked to the theory that ice cores shows 10,000 PPM prior to humans on earth which makes my point even more so. thanks
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 04:37 PM

Clearly there are two camps.

I acknowledged and linked to the theory that ice cores shows 10,000 PPM prior to humans on earth which makes my point even more so. thanks

Translation: you got called out on your insane BS (CO2 @ 10000ppm 20000 yrs ago) but you won't 'fess up.
thanks
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:21 PM

Bezzell "I wonder if climate change deniers are Kremlin funded?"
JJJ "All of them reject climate change? What is role of Kremlin?"
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:32 PM

Now that's incredible even by your standards. It's Putin's fault!!!

A few years ago you compared Obama to Hitler and now Global Warming is a Kremlin conspiracy. What could be more logical?

I don't why you bother to take the time to gather these scraps of information here and there. When you make statements like that you reveal who you really are. A looney.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:33 PM

Climate Change: The worst scientific scandal of our generation

"Our hopelessly compromised scientific establishment cannot be allowed to get away with the Climategate whitewash"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbo...
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

A few years ago you compared Obama to Hitler and now Global Warming is a Kremlin conspiracy. What could be more logical?

I don't why you bother to take the time to gather these scraps of information here and there. When you make statements like that you reveal who you really are. A looney.

Skipjack I have never compared someone to Hitler, that is an extremely inappropriate lie and clearly you can't take a topical joke about Kremlin.

It's makes me sad to see the state of dialogue, critical thinking and humor here at time like this.

It's interesting because any Nomad knows that Mexican people can share ideas and try on opinions, consider alternatives, act intelligently and respect each other but all too often here among Nomads on this forum it's all extreme reaction, insults and lack of thoughtful input, consideration, lack of respect.

You reap what you sow.
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:44 PM

All I'm pointing out ... is a glaringly ridiculous statement you made. There's no shame in getting something wrong. What you wrote re CO2 levels over the last 20000yrs ... is akin to claiming that the sun is only 5000 miles away.
That's all.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 09:11 PM

Bezzell It's so cool that you have all the accurate historical info and scientific data from the past from 20,000 years ago to 650,000,000 years ago, so if anyone has a question they can just ask because you have it for sure because historical theories are always one sided by internet loudmouths named Bezzell who never provide a source but make conflating contradictory confusing attacks and can't progress in a dialogue because who cares about the topic or intellectual discourse among respectful adults.

Good luck with that
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 09:39 PM

Name calling Ganu...You are an expert. You reap what you sow (sic).

You seemed to be getting frustrated that your illogical conclusions are being called out.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Skipjack I have never compared someone to Hitler, that is an extremely inappropriate lie and clearly you can't take a topical joke about Kremlin.

Here is a direct quote from you on this thread. You can read it yourself.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=43053&page=5#pid475600

Their power is nearly entirely based on populations following hand-crafted Cults of Personality such as Obama, Mussolini, Hitler, Mao, Stalin using mind warping driven political agenda to divide and conquer, profit from and kill masses.

Can you appreciate the fact that you can't just lie and make up facts as it feels your needs?

I know. I know. You were joking back then also.

Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
I take it you have not converted like this guy. You whole assumption is there is a false narrative rather than examining the science as Bridenstine was forced to do.

real false narrative " at a climate hearing this week, Republican members of the House Science Committee said that the Earth is not warming (it is), that rocks falling into the ocean are causing sea level rise (they aren’t), and that the Antarctic ice sheet is growing bigger (it’s not)."
[Edited on 7-23-2018 by rts551]

It's not? https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-o...
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 06:46 AM

It turns out that Gnukid, is quoting a British anti-science crank, named Christopher Booker, who has also opposed the scientific consensus on numerous issues including global warming, the link between second-hand smoke and cancer, and the negative health effects of asbestos.

This is why I love to see global warming deniers, try to provide links to back up their "denier' arguments, because you only have to do a quick Google search, to see most of their links are written from some crank or hired gun from the energy business or other big business.

Here is where "DeSmogBlog" has researched the funding to one of these global warming denier, conferences, that pays Christopher Booker, speaking fees, and no doubt pays him to be a 'denier" hired gun.

DeSmogBlog researched the funding behind the conference and found that sponsor organizations had collectively received over $47 million from energy companies and right-wing foundations, with 78% of that total coming from the Scaife Family of foundations.

https://www.desmogblog.com/christopher-booker

Climate Change: The worst scientific scandal of our generation

"Our hopelessly compromised scientific establishment cannot be allowed to get away with the Climategate whitewash"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbo...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 03:04 PM

Great to see effort to communicate your thoughts on human generated CO2 driving temperature and the costs to the individual and state of CO2 as a commodity, as in Carbon Credits, trading, and taxes.

Is CO2 pollution?

What are your thoughts on global temperature charts showing no overall temperature in crease in about ~20 years as shown in this diagram and published paper. https://www.nature.com/articles/srep31789

srep31789-f1-768x650.jpg - 132kB
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 04:03 PM

In regard to Obama's evolution of thought, finally, which seems appropriate here for his fans, it appears he has come full circle, revealing that he believes it is failure of the democratic to subscribe to identity politics, and that people should “engage with people not only who look different but who hold different views.” “And you can’t do this if you just out of hand disregard what your opponents have to say from the start.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-critique-of-identity-politics...
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.